Hi, my name is Aimee and I love donuts. I love cooking them, eating them, and even sharing them. I am obsessed. I love making the dough, I love shaping them, I love frying them. I just love donuts. I love creating new frostings and flavors. I love donuts. Did I say how much I love donuts? Well, if you knew me you would know that my pants are a little tight right now because I love donuts too much!
Anyways, my older kids had a retreat this weekend, so my excuse to make donuts again was to send some with them (which I did).
I made chocolate long johns, chocolate with sprinkles, strawberry (my absolute favorite), and S’mores! Wow, those were so rich and delicious.
I bought these vanilla beans online (Premium Bourbon-Madagascar Vanilla Beans – 16 beans). I was paying about $10 in the grocery store for two beans in a jar, but online these are about $15 shipped, and you get 16 beans). They are good too! So worth the money, now I have to find something else to make with them, I can’t eat any more donuts!!!!
S'more Donutsby Shugary SweetsKeywords: fry bread breakfast chocolate marshmallowIngredients
- 1 batch donuts, cut into circles, but not with center cut out
- 1 cup Fluff (marshmallow filling)
- 1 batch chocolate frosting (recipe below)
- 5 graham crackers (smashed into crumbs)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 cup butter (unsalted)
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate morsels
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 4½ cup powdered sugarInstructionsPrepare Basic yeast doughnut recipe, but do not punch out center holes.Using a pastry bag and tip, fill with marshmallow filling. Stick tip into side of donut, squeeze until donut puffs up, remove tip. Continue until all desired donuts are filled. Dip each donut top into chocolate glaze (recipe below). Immediately sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy!!Over medium heat, mix cream, milk, butter, vanilla and corn syrup until butter is completely melted.Turn heat to low, add chocolate and whisk until smooth and melted (may take several minutes). Remove from heat. Whisk in the powdered sugar (about 3-5 minutes until smooth).Dip doughnuts immediately in warm glaze.Powered by Recipage
Themed Bakers Sunday Mangia Mondays MM Meatless Mondays Mouthwatering Mondays Make Food E Friend Monday Melt in your Mouth Monday Two Maids a Baking Tempt My Tummy Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Made from Scratch Tuesday
Tasty Tuesdays What’s Cooking Wednesday Made it on Monday Thrilling Thursday It’s a Keeper Thursday
Full Plate Thursday Sweet Tooth Friday Fat Camp Friday I’m Lovin It Sweets for a Saturday So Sweet Sundays
Sweet Indulgences Sunday This Week’s Cravings