Chocolate Covered Caramel Corn

by aimee @ shugarysweets on June 28, 2011

This stuff is addicting. I have no problems eating popcorn and then stopping after a reasonable amount has been consumed. However, you give me some of this stuff? Oh mercy.

This recipe was found in a cookbook that my previous church put together. Thank you Donna for the recipe for caramel corn. I just took it one step further. I tend to do that. I can’t stop myself. It’s the addictive part of my personality.

For those of you that think you may recognize this recipe, you are right. I give it as a gift at Christmas to Sunday School teachers! Now you all can make your own (and I have to think of something else to give)! Enjoy!

Chocolate Covered Caramel Corn
by Shugary Sweets
Keywords: bake dessert snack white chocolate popcorn
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/2 bags of popped corn, REMOVE SEEDS
  • 16 oz. package white almond bark
Pan melt butter, stir in sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Gradually pour over popped corn. Mix well. I use two broiler pans, but the disposable lasagna foil pans would work well too.
Bake at 250 degrees for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Break apart and store in covered containers. To go the extra mile, melt the white bark completely, pour over cooled caramel corn. Lay out on wax paper to cool. Store in airtight Ziploc or tupperware containers.
Powered by Recipage

Linked To:

Amelia's De-ssert June 28, 2011 at 1:09 pm

oohh… this is addictive especially in front of the TV. I’m following you.

LrSchwtz June 28, 2011 at 2:23 pm

This looks pretty darn good! I love sweet and salty! Please stop by http://www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I’m your newest follower!

Leah @ Beyer Beware June 28, 2011 at 5:45 pm

What a great idea to give as gifts! Then I can make it and have little but get rid of it immediately! Can’t wait to try it.

Lizzy June 28, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Oh, man…this is right up my alley! I adore caramel corn…and love how you pushed this over the top! YUM!

Ashley June 28, 2011 at 10:25 pm
shopannies June 28, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I have made this type of popcorn before always tasty the way you served it up looks awesome as well very cute come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Lark (SparkyLarky) June 29, 2011 at 1:19 am

I love popcorn! And this looks as if I will love this too!

kristy June 29, 2011 at 1:24 pm

What a great idea for holiday gifts! I love it!

Emily June 30, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Hi! Thanks for linking up this week to Tasty Tuesday! Hope to see you back next week! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

Terri @ A Creative Princess June 30, 2011 at 10:27 pm

You had me at caramel and chocolate! I pinned this so I can make it for the guys that work for my husband for Christmas! Thank you so much for linking up!

Lisa July 1, 2011 at 1:36 am

I can see how this would make a fantastic gift for someone.

Miz Helen July 1, 2011 at 2:47 am

Hi Aimee,
We just love Popcorn treat and your addition of chocolate make this one really special. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back real soon.
Hope you have a great week end!
Miz Helen

Sarah July 5, 2011 at 4:58 am

Oh my goodness. It’s one in the morning, and I should be going to bed, but instead I’m looking at your delicious food and my stomach is grumbling – there is seriously NOTHING better than, oh, I don’t know – ANYTHING with popcorn! I (surprisingly!) have all the ingredients for this, and will totally be making it in the morning!

Jenn Erickson July 10, 2011 at 7:14 pm

This is the kind of treat that I simply cannot have in the house because I’ll eat it all myself in one sitting! Yum!

Crystal May 2, 2013 at 2:27 am

Just found your site! I’ve been wanting to do this for so long, but was too afraid to just go for it! My boys were in Boy Scouts and sold popcorn before Christmas every year. They sold chocolate covered caramel popcorn. I’ve been an addict since then! lol.. But I haven’t been able to find anyone that is still in to see if they still sell that or not.. So you’ve just saved me from drowning my sorrows yet again this year, in plain ol’ caramel corn.. o the sorrows I’ve lived! lol… And forget waiting for Christmas!! I’m making this tomorrow!!