Frozen Toffee Cheesecake
I really wasn’t sure what to name this. So many flavors in one awesome bite! And, I’ll be honest, it tasted amazing but was ugly. I made it in a springform pan, but was not using my head. See, I removed it from the pan before pouring hot chocolate ganache over the top. Which caused some melting. Whoops. Next time I would either keep it in the pan until after pouring the chocolate over the top and freezing….or, since it is so rich, freezing it in a 13×9 pan. Yeah, I think that’s it.
Anyways, I don’t own an ice cream maker. I have been eyeing a Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker though, but sadly can’t afford one. Or there’s the MacDaddy Cuisinart, for the low price of $270. But for now, I have to be creative. As much as I enjoy reading about other people making home made ice cream, I have to find a way to improvise.
So, I made something to satisfy. And boy, was it yummy!
Graham cracker crust, with a cheesecake filling, a praline caramel sauce in the middle and topped it off with white chocolate ganache, Heath bars, chocolate chips and whipped cream. I have to go workout for the fifth time today though just to burn off one bite of this! Enjoy!
Frozen Toffee Cheesecakeby Shugary SweetsKeywords: dessert cheesecake caramel cool whip toffee cheesecake6016800Ingredients
For the crust:
For the filling:
- 2 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
For the caramel sauce:
- 2- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 oz Cool Whip, thawed
For the topping:
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet morsels
- 3 Heath bars, chopped
- whipped creamInstructionsFor the crust, mix ingredients and press into bottom of pan. I made this in a Springform pan, but I think I would recommend making in a 13x9. I already adjusted the measurements to reflect the 13x9 pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake crust for 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.For the caramel sauce. Heat nuts in a microwave dish with 2Tbsp butter. Microwave for 3 minutes, stir and microwave for an additional 3 minutes. Set aside. In large glass bowl, add remaining butter. Melt in microwave (about 1 minutes). Whisk in sugar, flour, and corn syrup until blended. Microwave 2 minutes. Stir and microwave an additional 2 minutes. Stir again and microwave 3 minutes. Add in pecans and evaporated milk. Stir and set aside.While caramel sauce is cooking, mix cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in sweetened condensed milk. Fold in Cool Whip. Pour half of cheesecake mixture over crust. Then, using a spoon, drop spoonfuls of caramel mixture over cheesecake until done. Top with remaining cheesecake mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.For the topping, in saucepan heat heavy cream with white chocolate morsels. Mix until smooth and creamy, remove from heat. Pour over frozen cheesecake, sprinkle with chocolate chips and chopped Heath bar candy. Return to freezer 30 minutes or more.***I made this the night before we were to eat. Froze overnight, then made ganache in morning. Then it had all day until dessert time to freeze. It worked perfect, except when I made it in the springform I removed it from the pan BEFORE pouring the ganache over. Bad idea because it was too warm and melted part of the cake. If you really want to make in springform, either allow your chocolate to cool quite a bit, or keep pan on until serving. Enjoy!Powered by Recipage
Ma FF Monday Mangia Monday Melt in your Mouth Monday Mouthwatering Mondays Delectable Tuesdays
Tasty Tuesdays Totally Tasty Tuesdays Tasty Tuesday A Little Birdie Told Me Tuesday Time Out Tasty Tuesday
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday Share the Wealth What I made Wednesday These Chicks Cooked Made it on Monday
Wow Me Wednesday It’s a Party It’s a Keeper Full Plate Thursday Sweet Treats Fat Camp Friday Fun with Food Friday
Sweet Tooth Friday I’m Lovin It Weekend Show Off This Weeks Cravings