Frozen Toffee Cheesecake
I really wasn’t sure what to name this. So many flavors in one awesome bite! And, I’ll be honest, it tasted amazing but was ugly. I made it in a springform pan, but was not using my head. See, I removed it from the pan before pouring hot chocolate ganache over the top. Which caused some melting. Whoops. Next time I would either keep it in the pan until after pouring the chocolate over the top and freezing….or, since it is so rich, freezing it in a 13×9 pan. Yeah, I think that’s it.
Anyways, I don’t own an ice cream maker. I have been eyeing a Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker though, but sadly can’t afford one. Or there’s the MacDaddy Cuisinart, for the low price of $270. But for now, I have to be creative. As much as I enjoy reading about other people making home made ice cream, I have to find a way to improvise.
So, I made something to satisfy. And boy, was it yummy!
Graham cracker crust, with a cheesecake filling, a praline caramel sauce in the middle and topped it off with white chocolate ganache, Heath bars, chocolate chips and whipped cream. I have to go workout for the fifth time today though just to burn off one bite of this! Enjoy!
Frozen Toffee Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 2 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
For the filling:
- 2- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 oz Cool Whip, thawed
For the caramel sauce:
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
For the topping:
- 2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet morsels
- 3 Heath bars, chopped
- whipped cream
- For the crust, mix ingredients and press into bottom of pan. I made this in a Springform pan, but I think I would recommend making in a 13x9. I already adjusted the measurements to reflect the 13x9 pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake crust for 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- For the caramel sauce. Heat nuts in a microwave dish with 2Tbsp butter. Microwave for 3 minutes, stir and microwave for an additional 3 minutes. Set aside. In large glass bowl, add remaining butter. Melt in microwave (about 1 minutes). Whisk in sugar, flour, and corn syrup until blended. Microwave 2 minutes. Stir and microwave an additional 2 minutes. Stir again and microwave 3 minutes. Add in pecans and evaporated milk. Stir and set aside.
- While caramel sauce is cooking, mix cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in sweetened condensed milk. Fold in Cool Whip. Pour half of cheesecake mixture over crust. Then, using a spoon, drop spoonfuls of caramel mixture over cheesecake until done. Top with remaining cheesecake mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- For the topping, in saucepan heat heavy cream with white chocolate morsels. Mix until smooth and creamy, remove from heat. Pour over frozen cheesecake, sprinkle with chocolate chips and chopped Heath bar candy. Return to freezer 30 minutes or more. Serve and enjoy!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**