Orange Creamsicle Fudge Bites

by aimee @ shugarysweets on June 1, 2011

I love orange flavored treats. I mean, I really really love them. You all can have your chocolate, your peanut butter…but I want orange. Root beer floats rock, too. I admit it. I am addicted. During my pregnancy with my oldest I pretty much had one daily. But Orange Dreamsicles? Heavenly. My grandma always had these in her freezer, along with ice cream bars and fudgesicles. I always went for the Orange bar. These cute little bites of orange fudge taste like an orange creamsicle. No really they do. Except they aren’t frozen. Or ice cream. Other than that…

Hmmm. They look like ice cream. But they are not. I have an obsession with making things bite size right now. Hence the cookie dough bitesbanana truffle sundae bites, and the frozen banana bites. If I had any sort of self control and only ate ONE bite, then I can see how convenient that would be, and how good for dieting, etc. However, I eat bite after bite after bite. I can’t stop they are too good. You know what that means? My husbands co-workers are in for a nice treat..off they go! Enjoy!

Orange Creamsicle Fudge Bites

by Shugary Sweets
  • 3 cup sugar
  • ⅓ cup heavy cream
  • ⅔ cup evaporated milk
  • ¾ cup butter
  • 1½ pkg white chocolate morsels
  • 1½ cup marshmallow creme (Fluff)
  • 4 tsp orange extract
  • 2 oranges, zested
  • 9 drops yellow food coloring
  • 3 drops red food coloring
  • 16 oz vanilla bark (white candy coating)
In large saucepan, melt butter with sugar, evaporated milk and heavy cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture starts to boil. Boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add white chocolate morsels and marshmallow creme. Whisk until smooth.
Add extract, orange zest, and food coloring. Pour into a greased 13×9, foil lined pan. Refrigerate until set (or overnight). Cut into squares and freeze for 30 minutes (or more).
Melt vanilla bark according to package. Dip each square of orange fudge into chocolate using a fork, tap extra chocolate back into bowl. Decorate immediately with sprinkles if desired.
Store in refrigerator to set, enjoy cold!
Powered by Recipage

Jocelyn June 1, 2011 at 1:42 pm

My hubby loves orange creamsicles so I have a feeling he would love these. Me…I’m a pb/choc lover through and through:-) Thanks for stopping by my blog…I am now a follower of yours:-)

Rita June 1, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Your hubby was so nice to share a piece of the Orange Creamsicle Bites with me today in the office and all I can say is YUM, YUM, YUM!!!! You officially have a new fan.
Sylretta (Rita) Jones

Aimee June 1, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Jocelyn- thanks for following!
Rita- I’m glad you enjoyed them! I made way too many treats! Thanks for stopping by!

Lark (SparkyLarky) June 1, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Aimee…I was so happy to see this recipe! I have made Creamsicle fudge before & loved it, but I lost my recipe! :( But here you have saved the day again

Now if I can just find the time to make it!

Yipee thanks Aimee!!!

Ali June 1, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Aww, those are so cute. I love creamsicle flavors. These are adorable. I am gonna pin & stumble this to share with others. :D

Aimee June 1, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Lark- had no idea others knew of this flavor! Glad I could help :)

Ali- thanks!

STUFT Mama June 1, 2011 at 5:07 pm

These look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must try them now!!!! :) Just bumped into your blog and LOVE it!

Tanya @ Greetings From the Asylum June 1, 2011 at 5:23 pm

This treat is my sister’s favorite flavor! I will have to make some of these for her – SOON!

Amanda-The Sweet Details June 1, 2011 at 5:38 pm

oh my gosh these look wonderful!!

Just wanted to let you know I changed my blog url from eating in winnipeg to http://thesweetdetail.blogspot.com/ hope to have you come over there and follow me there :)

Moquelish June 1, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I’m not sure that there are too many things better than the taste of orange dreamsicles. Love! I think I am also in love with your site. It’s beautiful.

Aimee June 1, 2011 at 8:53 pm

@ Moquelish- thank you :)

Teri@thefreshmancook June 2, 2011 at 5:24 am

These look fantastic. I will be making them to send to my son at college! He will love them. I know what you mean about making things and then giving them away. I give food to my husbands friends on a weekly basis. If I keep it, I will eat it! Especially the sweet stuff!!
Thanks for a great post.

Miz Helen June 3, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Hi Aimee,
My kids are going to love this recipe they will really enjoy this treat. Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!

Jennifurla June 3, 2011 at 7:56 pm

What a nice blog you have, this recipe is just wonderful.

Kim McCallie June 4, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Wow! I can just imagine what these would taste like and that’s wonderful! What a great idea! I’d like to invite you to share your recipe on A Well-Seasoned Life’s Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Sinful Sundays June 4, 2011 at 7:37 pm

How adorable! I love creamsicles and these are so pretty too!

Liz June 6, 2011 at 12:36 pm

These look amazing! I love anything with orange flavor! Thank you for sharing. I am your newest follower, visiting from

http://www.fresh-plate.blogspot.com .

I hope you get a chance to stop by. Have a great week.

~liz

Aimee June 6, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Kim- they are pretty wonderful, you must try!
Liz- thank you.

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING June 6, 2011 at 7:35 pm

WOW!!!!!!!

This looks like a delicious Summer Recipe! We are hosting “FUN SUMMER RECIPES” at our Linky Party THIS WEEKS CRAVINGS! We’d love for you to come by and link up! (Thanks a million) :-)

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING June 7, 2011 at 1:04 am

Thanks for coming back and linking to THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS, next Monday is Father’s Day Favorite Recipes, hope to see you linking up again!

Sarah June 7, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Stop. Those look DELICIOUS. I’m not even a creamsicle fan, and I think I would love those! Going to try this weekend :D :D

Aimee June 7, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Sarah- I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you try them this weekend!
-Aimee

Dacia June 8, 2011 at 4:10 am

Wow, this recipe looks so yummy! Looks like you’ve got some great recipes over here. Thanks for the blog visit and comment luv :)

Kadie June 8, 2011 at 3:51 pm

What a cute blog!! So many great recipies!! I have a few I am going to try. Found you though ginger snaps linky pary. I am a new follower.

Candi June 8, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Yum! Those look amazing!

Amy June 9, 2011 at 1:00 am

These look amazingly delicious! My hubby is a huge orange flavor fan and I’m sure he’ll love these treats! Thanks for sharing and I sure will try out this recipe!

Amy

Christina @ It's a Keeper June 9, 2011 at 2:23 am

Hi! I’m featuring your recipe on It’s a Keeper Thursday this week! I’d love if you stopped by and grabbed a button.

And, feel free to link up another great recipe this week too!

Cheers!
Christina @ It’s a Keeper
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

BigBearswife June 9, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Creamsicles are my favorite! I love the flavor!

I’m now following your blog. I’d love it if you’d come over to my site and follow me too! Thanks!
-Angie

Allison @ Alli 'n Son June 9, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Yes, I’m drooling over my computer screen. Yummy!

Kristin June 9, 2011 at 6:53 pm

i’m obsessed with bite-size & mini things, too! :)

these look so yummy! i really love orange flavored treats, too… these would fit the bill!

thanks so much for linking up to mangia mondays!

-kristin

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma June 10, 2011 at 2:52 am

I’m all about the bite-size as well…but you can’t ever stop at one, you are right!

Thanks for stopping by and linking up to Creative Juice!

Lisa June 10, 2011 at 10:44 pm

You’ve got my tastebuds tingling with this one. Thanks so much for sharing this at Sweets for a Saturday.

Trish - Sweetology101 June 11, 2011 at 5:17 am

Wowie..just getting around to visiting all the great links. These are DEVINE!!!! I am so glad you linked these up to Tea Party Tuesday. What a talent you have a great photo too!!!!!

Jenn Erickson June 14, 2011 at 2:38 am

Mmmm…orange dreamsicles are one of my favorite flavors from childhood, so I know I’d find a special bliss in these wonderful little fudge bites!

Thank you for being a part of what made this week’s “A Little Birdie Told Me…” linky party the best yet!

Jenn

Emily June 14, 2011 at 5:38 am

I saw you on melt in your mouth Monday… Wanted to invite you to come on over to my tasty Tuesday link party! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/06/authentic-fried-rice-tasty-tuesday-link.html

blkenigma888 June 26, 2011 at 7:24 pm

YAY! You were in the top 6 for last week’s Themed Baker’s Sunday! Come back this next week for the new theme: STRAWBERRIES! And don’t forget to enter yourself to win a free Brownie Pop Mold!
Alyssa

Cookin' Cowgirl July 14, 2011 at 1:15 pm

So pretty!!!! I saw these on Tasty Kitchen. They look like my Funfetti Blondie Bites I posted this morning. :) http://cookincowgirl.blogspot.com/2011/07/funfetti-blondie-bites.html

We should get together and have a dessert party! :)

Anonymous September 8, 2012 at 7:59 pm

I just wanted to let you know, I made two batches of this last night and followed the recipe to a T. I have no idea why, but they never set up…. just like goop. I added some powdered sugar and they were fine. But wow… following the recipe as it was written was a huge fail for me. I’m wondering if there was an ingredient you failed to mention in this recipe? Because I made two batches, followed the recipe each time and both batches came out like goop, sticky and runny?! I was so frustrated. I’ve followed your recipe for egg nog truffles in the past and they were perfect. This one I had to add a lot of powdered sugar for it to be a success. How did yours set? I had mine in the fridge overnight and then in the freezer for 3 hours.

Aimee September 8, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I am so sorry this was a fail for you. I double checked the recipe ingredients and they are all there. I’ve made this several times and have had no problems. When you bring the mixture to a rolling boil, do you allow it to boil the full 4 minutes? Otherwise I am at a loss why it wouldn’t see for you. I usually just refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.