Peanut Butter-Finger Bites

by aimee @ shugarysweets on June 8, 2011

Hello! It seems I’ve been avoiding the baked goods for a stretch of time here. Please understand. It’s swimsuit season after all, and all the hard work I have done with p90x is going out the window! I can’t seem to stop eating treats. Even though I send them to my husband’s work, I keep making more!

Now, I have my husband’s coworkers sending me recipes, cookbook files and links of food they like, or think I would like. Yeah, that’s bad. But good (if you are a co-worker of hubby please keep sending me ideas)! But it’s bad. Because one of those ideas was to make Butterfingers.

I was so determined to make these, that even though I opened my kitchen drawer and found my candy thermometer shattered, I forged on. Afterall, we’re talking butterfingers. The same candy bar I used to trade all other candy for on Halloween. Yeah, yum.

These are delicious. Given that I did not use a candy thermometer they still turned out perfect. Hubby thinks I should use less peanut butter next time, but I don’t always listen to him. Especially when he talks about food. I mean, c’mon, the guy hates mushrooms but loves peanut butter and garlic sandwiches. He’s mine ladies, back off!

Here’s what it comes down to though. These are really good, I ate five of them. Okay 6. Now, I must go exercise for the second time today (I had BBQ ribs too, which put me over the top), and I’m positive that while walking I will think about food. And what to bake tomorrow. Cause that’s what I do. Don’t judge.

One more thing. You could pour this into an 8×8 pan and cut into bites or bars. I however use my silicone brownie bites pan, which I love. You don’t need to grease it or anything, they pop right out when set! Perfect too for cookies, brownies, toffee. Yum. (this is what it looks like, you can find it online or at Michael’s…Wilton 2105-4923 24-Cavity Silicone Brownie-Squares Baking Mold. Enjoy!

Peanut Butter-Finger Bites
by Shugary Sweets
Keywords: dessert chocolate peanut butter candy
6016948
  • 1/3 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter, warmed
  • 12 oz chocolate candy coating
In saucepan, heat water, corn syrup and sugar until boiling. Boil for 10-12 minutes, keeping it at a continuous boil and stirring constantly. Remove from heat and quickly stir in warmed peanut butter.
I pour these into my silicone brownie pan that has individual bites (24). But you could also pour them into a foil lined, and buttered, 8inch pan. Work quickly as it begins to harden. Press lightly into pan or brownie pan.
Allow to set in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight. When firm, melt chocolate candy coating according to package directions. I use chocolate candiquik, but you could also use Wilton's candy melts. Dip butter-finger in melted chocolate using a fork. Set on wax paper. Enjoy.
Powered by Recipage

Linked To:
These Chicks Cooked What I made Wednesday Made it on Monday What’s Cooking Wednesday Wow Me Wednesday
Sweet Treats Thursday It’s a Keeper Full Plate Thursday Recipe Swap Thursday Creative Juice Fat Camp Friday
Fun with Food Friday Sweet Tooth Friday I’m Lovin It Weekend Show Off Sweets for a Saturday Saturday Spotlight
Savory Sunday So Sweet Sunday Themed Bakers

Ginger June 8, 2011 at 11:49 am

Following from Sweet Peas & Bumblebees. Those look so good. :) I’m having a link party over on my blog, too. Would love to have you link up. :)

Ginger
gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

Desi June 8, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Aimee, you make the BEST treats! I wish I was one of your hubby’s coworkers, so I could get some of these :)

Lauren June 8, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Your recipes look amazingly delicious! YOu should open a bakery (if you haven’t already) :)

Keep up the amazing work!

Aimee June 8, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Desi- thank you!
Lauren- if I open a bakery then it becomes work :) Thanks for stopping by!

Desi June 8, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Hey girl! I’m back :) With an award! I am passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to you! I think everyone should know about your blog, it’s pretty amazing! Check out my post and pick up your award :)

Erin June 8, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Saw this on This Chick Cooks link party and Butterfingers are my absolute most favoritest so you just got yourself a new follower.

Six June 8, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Oh my goodness! These look AMAZING! We found your blog through a link party and are your newest followers! We would love to have you follow us back!

Jocelyn June 8, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I am right there with ya!!! I just keeping baking more treats even though I have been trying to lose those unwanted pounds. I am right there with you on p90x…woo hoo I made it to week 4. One of these days I am going to see results…right??? These looks super fab!!!!

ladybehindthecurtain.com June 8, 2011 at 8:47 pm

What? Did you say peanut butter and chocolate? Oh yeah, It’s my favorite! Can’t wait to try. thanks!

Julie June 8, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Oh my I am so in heaven! I love anything peanut butter and chocolate. Can’t wait to try it :)

The Farm Girl

Leslie June 8, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Girl, you have the best desserts!!! I love butterfingers so much, and have never heard of making them homemade before! I have to try these out!

Lark (SparkyLarky) June 9, 2011 at 1:41 am

Oh I can not wait to make these! My hubby is going to think he is in heaven!

Your the best Aimee

Kimby June 9, 2011 at 1:59 am

Hi, Aimee! Enjoyed your blog/writing very much on this “blog hop” from basilmomma’s. (I hear ya on trading for Butterfingers)… :) They look GREAT, as do all of your recipes!

Annie's Dish June 9, 2011 at 2:25 am

Thanks for stopping by my blog and adding your camping recipe. I love how versatile cresent rolls are!

Your post made me laugh. I did the insanity program and didn’t see any great results because I couldn’t stay away from the sweets. Those peanut butter finger bites would be downright dangerous for me!

Lark (SparkyLarky) June 9, 2011 at 3:17 am

Aimee…So glad to see these little bite size of heavens on
Made it on Monday!

~Iffy~ June 9, 2011 at 3:48 am

I love love love butterfingers haha we have p90x too but haven’t tried it as we were tired after watching the 1st disk lol. I will make these & then perhaps start a diet. One last hoorah right? Thanks stopping by from Sweet Peas & Bumblebees.
~Iffy~

Moquelish June 9, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Love, love, love these. These are definitely going in my I-must-make-these-soon-and-eat-them-all-myself file.

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma June 10, 2011 at 2:53 am

Heaven on a plate.

Thanks for stopping by and linking up to Creative Juice!

teri@thefreshmancook June 10, 2011 at 4:34 am

These look amazing, yet very few ingredients. I can’t wait to try them. I send treats to my son every couple weeks. He will love these! Thanks!!

Lisa June 10, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I’ve made something really similar and they were such a hit! I had people begging for the recipe! And I also ate way too many of them myself!

Miranda June 10, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Well, I love these, so keep the sweets coming! Thanks for linking to Fat Camp Friday, see you next week! http://bit.ly/jHOrlN

Allison @ Alli 'n Son June 10, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Oh man, I bet these babies are addicting!

Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday.

Something Swanky Cupcakes and Desserts June 10, 2011 at 4:42 pm

SO amazing :) I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award!! Swing by my blog to pick it up! http://www.somethingswanky.com
Ashton

Katie @ This Chick Cooks June 10, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Oh my goodness! Those homemade butterfingers have me drooling. It is funny that all your husband’s coworkers keep sending you recipes. That could be dangerous :) Thanks for coming over to share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe spotlight. Have a wonderful weekend!
Katie

Miz Helen June 10, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Yum Yum! What great little treats, these look so delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday, have a great week end and come back soon!
Miz Helen

clutterholic June 11, 2011 at 4:03 am

Ooh, I’m a sucker for anything peanut buttery or chocolaty. These sound heavenly!

Erin June 11, 2011 at 4:35 am

These sound absolutely heavenly! YUM!

Ladybird Ln June 11, 2011 at 2:31 pm

This looks SINFULLY good! Thanks for showing off!

Carlee

Kim McCallie June 11, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Oh, these look delicious! I love to make candy during the holidays for teachers’ gifts. I’ll definitely keep this recipe in my file. I’d like to invite you to share your recipe on A Well-Seasoned Life’s Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

The Pastry Chef June 11, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Saw these on Sweets for a Saturday – wow, they look so professionally made! I’ve done P90X too so I sympathize that you wouldn’t want to undo all that hard work :).

Heather @ Catfish Kisses June 12, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Oh MAN!!! These look SOOOOO good!! I am the same way about Butterfingers – will definitely be making these! Thank you for sharing!!

Visiting from So Sweet Sundays :)

Blessings,
Heather

Kristy June 12, 2011 at 3:48 pm

These look delicious!! My kiddos love butterfinger, so these would be a fun treat for them! Thanks for sharing and linking up at Little Rays of Sunshine! :)

Ruth June 12, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Hi, I am stopping by from the Sweets for a Saturday blog hop. I love butterfingers. These sound and look great.
yummy stuff

Walking by Faith June 13, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Yuuuummy! Butterfingers are my hubby’s favorite, so I think these are going on my list of items to bake. :) I totally feel you about the whole sweets ruining hard work thing. I’m in the same boat as you! And you had me cracking up about not listening to your husband’s opinions all the time when it comes to food. I second that… hehe.

Thanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays! :)

Katie @ This Chick Cooks June 15, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Your recipe is in the spotlight this week on These
Chicks Cooked! Thanks for sharing :)
Katie

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles June 16, 2011 at 12:50 am

Oh yummmy!! These looks so good, thanks for sharing!!
Congratulations on the feature!
Come see me at http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/

Lisa June 16, 2011 at 1:40 am

I am staring in absolute longing at your delicious chocolaty treats. Oh how you tempt me . . . You made the Top 5 for last week’s Sweets for a Saturday!

Sue June 16, 2011 at 4:18 pm

O my! Butterfingers has always been my favorite candy bar, so these would be AMAZING, but dangerous:)
Peanut butter and garlic sandwich? Interesting:)

Amy@mad.amyt June 20, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Oh yum! I woul not be able to put these down! They look amazing!
I’m following away!!

Donna April 18, 2013 at 9:03 am

Yet another thing I miss most from the U.S……Butterfinger or any chocolate/peanut butter marvel…..Could I possibly use Lindt chocolate or a dark chocolate instead of Wilton candy melts?…Really difficult to locate here…unfortunately…but I can use Lyle’s Golden Syrup for the corn syrup I believe!….Thanks for your generous sharing of your profound culinary acumen!!

aimee @ shugarysweets April 18, 2013 at 9:20 am

You could use a good quality chocolate, you just may need to “temper” the chocolate first so that it doesn’t melt on your fingers when you grab a piece of chocolate :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chicken Pot Pie SoupMy Profile

Donna April 18, 2013 at 9:10 am

OOPS!!…Just another question….What did you use for the garnish/sprinkle on top of these luscious-looking wonders….chopped peanuts or a cookie crumble?

I’ll bet crushed speculoos (Biscoff)cookie crumbles would be awesome…or a praline or toffee riff….or even putting Biscoff crumbles into the peanut butter mixture for “crunch factor”?!…Obviously need to get outside and on with my life today!…Chortle.

aimee @ shugarysweets April 18, 2013 at 9:21 am

Whoops, forgot to include that. I took a piece of the homemade butterfinger before dipping it and crumbled it. I then sprinkled it on top! ENJOY.
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chicken Pot Pie SoupMy Profile