Bruschetta is one of the reasons why I started gardening many years ago. Just for the fresh Roma tomatoes and basil. I mean really, could basil be any more expensive at the grocery store? And, since I use nearly a cup of basil leaves to make my bruschetta, one package is never enough!
I usually make a double batch of this delicious snack. One big bowl is for dipping melba crackers. The rest is either used in pasta with grilled chicken, or on bread with extra parmesan cheese.
One perfect snack for a perfect meal. I don’t usually measure out my bruschetta ingredients, it’s usually an eyeballing thing, and taste testing. But, since I wanted to share this recipe with you, I measured the ingredients for one batch of bruschetta. Enjoy!!!
Bruschettaby Shugary SweetsKeywords: raw appetizer entree snack garlic tomato basilIngredients
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 head of garlic (about 9 cloves), chopped (not pressed)
- 3/4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Melba Toast (or panini chips)InstructionsMix tomatoes, basil, garlic and cheese until each bite has a sufficient amount of each. Add more if necessary. Toss in some salt and pepper,red wine vinegar and stir. Add olive oil. Should be nice and shiny. Let sit in refrigerator to allow flavors to mingle. Enjoy!To make bruschetta bread, hollow out a loaf of french bread. Spoon in the bruschetta and top with an extra 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese. Bake in a 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Cut and enjoy.For pasta, prepare noodles according to package (I like fettuccine noodles). Grill chicken with salt and pepper. Slice into thin strips. Heat bruschetta in microwave for about 2-3 minutes, until warmed. Serve over warm pasta with chicken strips and extra parmesan cheese. Enjoy!Powered by Recipage
Totally Tasty Tuesdays Tasty Tuesdays A Little Birdie Told Me Tasty Tuesday Tuesday Time Out
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday Tasty Tuesday Party Mindie Style Melt in your Mouth Monday Ultimate Recipe Swap
Ultimate Recipe Swap Gooseberry Patch