Cinnamon Frosted Zucchini Bars

by aimee @ shugarysweets on July 5, 2011

Cinnamon frosted zucchini bars, easy and delicious! www.shugarysweets.com
My garden is amazing this year. Some years are always better than others. This is a good year. Especially for my zucchini. I am going to have to get creative to find some good uses, but this recipe is an old standby. It came from a friend at our previous church, and with just slight alterations, it is perfect!
Cinnamon frosted zucchini bars, easy and delicious! www.shugarysweets.com
Plus, it has two cups of zucchini so it’s healthy. I like to bake this on my jelly roll pan (large cookie sheet with sides). That way it’s nice and thin. Spread on a real thin layer of cinnamon frosting and it’s perfect for breakfast with a cup of coffee, or as dessert.

Cinnamon Frosted Zucchini Bars

• For the Frosting:
  • 2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 Tbsp melted butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp milk

1. Cream 3/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Add eggs and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix in flour, 1 tsp cinnamon and baking powder. Blend in zucchini.
  2. Pour into greased jelly roll pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
  3. While baking, prepare frosting. Mix powdered sugar, cinnamon, melted butter vanilla and milk until creamy. Add milk if necessary to get desired consistency. Cool zucchini bars and frost. Cut into squares, serve, and eat!

John July 5, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I know a lot of folks who don’t eat eggs (they’re allergic, for health reasons, or concerns about animal cruelty). Here’s an awesome site that gives tips on cooking and baking without eggs: http://EggFreeLiving.com

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy July 5, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I am so making these! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

Alida July 5, 2011 at 9:08 pm

oh my these look great! I love zucchini!

Jenn July 6, 2011 at 12:38 am

I can’t wait until my Mom’s garden has some zucchini!! I have so many yummy recipes planned for it this year! These bars look delicious.

Liz @ Two Maids a Milking July 6, 2011 at 1:38 am

Yum!! I love zucchini and my favotie way to eat it is in dessert form!!! Shouldn’t surprise you!! :) Thanks for linking up to 2 Maids a Baking!!

Sweet Peas and Bumblebees July 6, 2011 at 2:19 am

Yum! I really wish I would have made some room in my garden for some zucchini…your recipe looks delicious!

Lark (SparkyLarky) July 6, 2011 at 3:10 am

Aimee, these bars look wonderful!

kristy July 6, 2011 at 4:57 am

Oh yum! These look delicious! I love zucchini and zucchini bread, but have never had it with cinnamon. This sounds so good!

alissa July 6, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Your zucchini bars looks delicious! I have only one zucchini plant but I’ve already picked one and there are several more that are almost ready. I will have to try this!

Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Tuesdays!
Alissa

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy July 6, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Thanks for linking up to Tuesday Confessional this week! You were featured, so grab a button and get your brag on! http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/as-i-write-this-i-am-having-major-sugar.html
I can’t wait to see what you wow us with next week.
~Macy

Wendy July 6, 2011 at 9:40 pm

This looks soooo good. I would love it if you stopped by tomorrow for “Turning the Table Thursday” to share some of your recipes. (link opens at midnight EST on Weds)

Thanks,

Wendy
Around My Family Table

Sherri@FoodBasics101 July 7, 2011 at 1:22 am

Hello Aimee! I found you through Basilmomma’s Blog Hop. Your Cinnamon Frosted Zucchini Bars look delish!
Have a great day! Sherri

Facebook- http://tinyurl.com/FoodBasics101

Mo 'Betta July 7, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I’m on zucchini overload, so I’ll have to give these a try! I’d love to have one right now…

I’m posting zucchini recipes all week!

Jenna @ Newlyweds July 7, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I am so making this, too bad my garden zukes have already given up for the summer, but I will surely make this next year. Thanks for sharing.

Emily July 8, 2011 at 1:58 am

Looks SO yummy! Thanks for linking up. Just wanted to let you know I’ll be featuring you next week.

Natalie July 8, 2011 at 3:06 am

I’ll be making these tomorrow morning! I just got 3 HUGE zucchinis from a friend’s garden and saw mine are finally coming in too! These look delicious! Thank you!

Miranda July 8, 2011 at 11:23 am

I wish I had seen these before. I just went through the last of my zucchinni to make a Zucchini Frittata – I am thinking these would have been better to sooth my never ending sweet tooth. Thanks for linking to Fat Camp Friday, enjoy your weekend and see you next time! http://bit.ly/mTxy7l

Mama J July 9, 2011 at 12:32 am

These look fantastic!

Kim McCallie July 10, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I love to bake in my jelly roll pan. Somehow I justify that the thinner the cake square, the more I can eat. These look delicious. Zucchini is so good with cinnamon. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life’s Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Julie Evink July 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Looks delicous! Found you via Sweet as Sugar Cookie’s link up. Can’t wait to make these as my hubby has been bugging me for Zucchini Bars!

Jenn Erickson July 11, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I love zucchini desserts and can’t wait to give this a try…especially since I discovered that my daughter accidentally grabbed us a bag of zucchinis instead of cucumbers at the grocery store the other day!

ladybehindthecurtain.com July 12, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for visiting Cast Party Wednesday and I hope you join me again tomorrow and share more of your great recipes!
Thanks,
I hope to see you tomorrow!

Natalie July 19, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Wanted to let you know I made these last week and linked back to you in my post! They were fantastic! Thanks so much for the recipe! http://aturtleslifeforme.blogspot.com/2011/07/and-when-she-saw-size-of-it-little-lady.html

Sharon Miller July 21, 2013 at 5:07 pm

I have been making Zucchini Bars for years… These are similiar to mine.. I can never make enough. Everyone wants them….

Heidi July 22, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I just made these and they are sooo good!!

aimee @ shugarysweets July 22, 2013 at 4:31 pm

So glad you are enjoying them! They are a favorite around here too!

Brenda August 30, 2013 at 10:06 am

Is that All purpose or self rising flour?

aimee @ shugarysweets August 30, 2013 at 1:42 pm

All purpose flour! ENJOY.

Diana Fischer August 31, 2013 at 11:16 am

I noticed that you didn’t mention any salt. Did I miss it? Does it need any?

Theresa August 31, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Would I just increase the bake time to do this in a 9×13 pan?
Theresa recently posted..Old Settlers Days 2013My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets August 31, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I’m not sure Theresa, I’ve never tried to bake it in a 13×9 pan!

gina September 15, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I made these last week and they are great! Even my kids can’t get enough. How long do they stay good in the fridge? Shall I assume just a week? I made the frosting and stored in a mason jar, I’m assuming that would stay good for a week as well?

aimee @ shugarysweets September 16, 2013 at 9:16 am

These bars don’t usually last more than a couple days in my house, so I’m not sure! I would say no more than 5-7 days!