Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloins with Cherry Tomato Salad

Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin made in the slow cooker #crockpot
 This is an awesome dinner. And, it cooks all day in the crockpot. So if you are like me and enjoy mealtime to be less stressful, but fulfilling; this is YOUR recipe. You’re very welcome. I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but I know you will thank me.

This is my new “go-to” pork tenderloin recipe. Well, except for carnitas, because those don’t count. I served this pork with a marinated cherry tomato salad. Which, again, you are welcome. I know you have a million cherry tomatoes and you can only eat so many while standing there watering your garden. And your kids are probably going back to school so the whole “you want a snack? go outside an eat some cherry tomatoes” days are over! I hear ya.

Slow Cooker Balsamic Glazed Pork recipe...this is so fantastic and juicy!

Please. Make this. Then thank me. Otherwise I seem all conceited and stuff saying you’re welcome when nobody is thanking me.

Yep, enough said.

Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloins with Cherry Tomato Salad

Rating: 51

Cook Time: 7 hours

Yield: serves 6-8

For the Pork:
  • 2 pork tenderloins (about 3lbs total)
  • 2 tsp ground sage
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoon corn starch
  • 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup olive oil

1. In a large crockpot, lay tenderloins on bottom. Rub sage, salt and pepper on top. Pour 1/2 cup water in bottom of pot and add the pressed garlic. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.
  2. In small microwave safe bowl, mix 1/2 cup water with brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. Heat for 1 minute, whisk and heat an additional minute. Mixture should be thickened. Pour half of mixture over pork tenderloins and continue cooking an additional hour (or two).
  3. With remaining glaze, you can keep it until ready to serve then pour warmed glaze over tenderloins, shred and enjoy. Or, reserve about 1/4 cup of glaze to use in the Cherry Tomato Salad (see below), and brush remaining on tenderloins before serving.
  4. **NOTE** If using glaze from crockpot pork tenderloin recipe, whisk olive oil into prepared glaze, pour over veggies and herbs. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or more until ready to eat!
  5. For the salad, in a microwave safe bowl, mix brown sugar with corn starch, balsamic vinegar, water and soy sauce. Heat one minute, stir and heat another minute. Whisk in olive oil. Pour over sliced veggies and herbs (use only as much as your family enjoys; mine prefers to not use all that the recipe calls for). Refrigerate for 15 minutes or more until ready to eat!
  6. (Pork Tenderloin adapted from C+C Marriage Factory)

Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin made in the slow cooker #crockpot and Cherry Tomato Salad

54 Responses to “Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloins with Cherry Tomato Salad”

1. posted Aug 24, 2011 at 1:02 pm

This looks so good! I am not even a huge fan of pork, but wow, I really want to make these. I am going to add to Pinterest right now so I do not forget to try it!

2. posted Aug 24, 2011 at 11:23 pm

We are huge balsamic lovers, and I LOVE me some crock pot recipes. This sounds like a winner, Aimee! I’m saving it to try.

3. posted Aug 26, 2011 at 3:03 am

You had me at balsamic. Can I thank you before I cook this too? 😉

4. posted Aug 27, 2011 at 3:25 am

Love the double duty sauce — never thought to serve it on veggies like that — sounds good! Sage rubbed pork reminds me of autumn… :)

5. posted Aug 28, 2011 at 1:56 am

This recipe looks really good! I am not a fan of pork, but I might have to try it sometime. I will definitely pass this on to my sister. She loves pork!!!! Congrats on you win!

6. posted Aug 28, 2011 at 3:24 pm

This looks so pretty

This is a perfect recipe for this week’s Sharing Sundays because our theme is RED!!! We would love if you would drop by and link up this recipe and any other recipes that have RED ingredients such as, Strawberries, Marinara Sauce, Red Peppers, Tomatoes etc.

7. posted Aug 31, 2011 at 9:51 am

THANK YOU!!! These sound delicious.
    Happy new follower from Tasty Tuesday.

8. posted Sep 1, 2011 at 4:39 pm

what a delicious sounding salad come see me at

9. posted Nov 16, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Question….do you wait to pour half the sauce over the tenderloin once it’s already cooked for 4 hours? Bc you said to pour half then letbit cook for two more hours! Thank you!

10. posted Nov 16, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Ashley- after the tenderloins have cooked (about 4-6 hours), pour half of the warmed glaze over them. Save the other half (and keep warm) to pour on right before serving. Or to use in the cherry tomato salad. Enjoy!

• Kim
      posted Nov 3, 2012 at 10:04 am

Hi Aimee, Im trying this recipe tonight for some friends, looks delicious! I’ve had my crockpot for years but this will be the first time using it, and I had the same question that Ashleyb had. I just want to be sure, that the pork tenderloin should only cook for the 6 hours tops, so I will do the glaze once its been cooking for 4 ?.. I want to time it right for my dinner party. Thank you, Cant wait to try this!

11. posted May 5, 2012 at 3:56 am

Funny how I find myself going back to the Gooseberry Patch Recipe Round Up: Crock Pot edition…I found your Balsamic Tenderloins recipe and I gotta say….”MMMmm this sounds and looks gr8!” I am adding it to my menu soon.

When you get a chance check out my blog:

12. posted Sep 20, 2012 at 1:43 am

The balsamic vinaigarette made this recipe. Only thing I did different was omit the sage and added onion. There were no leftovers!

13. posted Feb 25, 2013 at 10:15 am

I love the crock pot – best invention ever. And balsamic – sign me up! I love that the ingredients are things I already have in the pantry. I might be making it this week – then I will come back and give you that “thank you!” :)

• posted Feb 25, 2013 at 11:11 am

You HAVE to try it! I don’t always make the tomato salad, usually just in the summer when I have an abundance of tomatoes. But the pork…delish!

14. Jodie
    posted Feb 25, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Thanks for the recipe! I made it today and everyone loved it!

• posted Feb 26, 2013 at 7:12 am

So glad you enjoyed the recipe Jodie! thanks for letting me know :)

15. posted Feb 26, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Hi Aimee! Read this post yesterday and realized I had everything to make on hand. Winning! My boys LOVED this pork and it was just too easy. Thanks so much for a new family favorite.

• posted Feb 26, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Whoohoo so glad you all enjoyed the recipe Julie!! Thanks for letting me know :)

16. Mary Wilson
    posted Feb 26, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I plan on making this for a church ‘pot luck’ on Sunday. Can’t wait! the seasonings sound wonderful for the pork as well as the tomato salad. I think it will be beautiful presented on a platter together.

17. posted Apr 5, 2013 at 11:02 am

Looks incredible! Its just my husband and myself, can I just cut all the ingredients in half for only 1 tenderloin?

18. Laurie
    posted Apr 6, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Thanks for the recipe. It’s currently in my crock pot. Since we’re only a family of three, I decided to 1/2 the recipe and make one tenderloin. I find that the sauce is just not thickening as you described so I had to add a bit more corn starch to get it thickened. They just got done and it tastes amazing!!!

19. Donna
    posted Jun 28, 2013 at 6:19 am

This look like this Sunday’s Dinner!!!!…..Question…I am, alas, SANS crockpot…could I possible do this in a dutch oven/Le Creuset cast iron enameled pot doing a stovetop/oven technique?…SOMEDAY I hope to get a crockpot!

P.S. My family is balsamic-anything crazy!

• posted Jun 28, 2013 at 6:21 am

You could definitely make this in the oven (although I haven’t tried it). I would probably plan on cooking it at 300 degrees for 3-4 hours.

20. Sara
    posted Aug 28, 2013 at 3:54 pm

There aren’t words to describe how delcious this pork is. My whole family couldnt stop eating it. Mashed potatoes were the perfect side to catch all the yummy sauce!

• posted Aug 28, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I’m so glad you all loved the recipe. It’s seriously one of my favorites too!

21. Ally
    posted Sep 16, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Thank you for the recipe! It is cooking in the crockpot right now and smells wonderful. I love anything with balsamic. I will be making roasted Parmesan and garlic red potatoes for the side dish.

22. Paula kurth
    posted Sep 19, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I am loving this recipe. We love pork. However I really dislike sage. Could another spice be used in place of sage

• posted Sep 19, 2013 at 7:44 pm

You can leave the sage out, or use Italian Seasoning. Even rosemary would be delicious. You could also use poultry seasoning…

23. Anonymous
    posted Sep 23, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Pork tenderloin

24. Brooke
    posted Sep 29, 2013 at 9:23 am

Have you ever put this together in advance to freeze? this sounds delicious, but I am trying to put together make-ahead meals

• posted Sep 29, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I have only frozen this into portions AFTER cooking.

25. iris
    posted Oct 13, 2013 at 9:48 pm

i made this and it’s delishhhhhhhhhhhhhh….. i will make it again and again. i’m glad i made it.

26. Ana
    posted Oct 28, 2013 at 2:32 pm

This recipe is amazing! My entire family loved it, and that says a lot.

• posted Oct 28, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I’m so glad to hear it Ana! It’s a family favorite here too!

27. Lisa
    posted Nov 1, 2013 at 11:34 am

This is amazing!!!! I have made it a handful of times already, and it comes out wonderful every time! I do have a question though. If you were to do it on high, instead of low, how long would you cook it?

• posted Nov 1, 2013 at 12:06 pm

You can do 4hours. By cooking it on high though, it won’t get as tender and shreddable (is that a word??)

28. Shannon
    posted Nov 6, 2013 at 6:30 pm

I made this tonight for my fiancé (I’m a vegetarian, so any meat I can just throw in a crockpot is great for me, and I must admit the house smelled wonderful all day!). He is very even-keeled, doesn’t excite easily. He took one bite and…. “oh my, God…” and “wow” and “…I might need a moment….” and “this is the best thing ever…” followed repeatedly :). I made it with roasted carrots since he doesn’t like raw tomatoes; I mixed them with some of the glaze when they came out of the oven. I halved the recipe since it was only him eating…and he nearly ate all of it! Thank you thank you thank you!! Will be making this often (plan to travel with my crockpot and a hunk of tenderloin when I visit my parents this weekend, haha!)

29. Leslie
    posted Nov 14, 2013 at 8:49 pm

I made this tonight and it was delicious! I used a small pork roast and halfed the recipe but next time I’ll defintely make the recipe as is. We didn’t have enough left over! We all kept going back for more it was so good. Definitely a keeper! I look forward to trying the beef roast version next.

30. Susie
    posted Dec 26, 2013 at 4:45 pm

I am going to try this Saturday – do you brown the meat before putting in the crockpot? A cooking magazine said that sealing the the meat was the key, I am a newbie crockpotter (word??)

• posted Dec 27, 2013 at 7:17 am

Hi Susie, I’ve done it both ways. It becomes so tender it really isn’t necessary to sear it first. One extra step, one extra dirty dish :)

31. Michelle
    posted Jan 2, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Thank you for this recipe. Made it today, we just finished and it was a definite hit. Just my husband and I, so lots of leftovers, but I’m not complaining. Can’t wait to have it again.

32. Michelle Bates-Phipps
    posted Jan 13, 2014 at 8:07 pm

made this tonight except put the glaze over some potatoes and roasted them. My husband says it is a hit. He can’t wait to eat leftovers tomorrow!

33. Cathy
    posted Jan 15, 2014 at 8:30 am

I’m not a fan of pork loin, but this recipe was DELICIOUS! I followed recipe exactly. I didn’t make the cherry salad, but the pork pulled apart and the extra sauce added on my plate made it great! Hubby really enjoyed it also. Couldn’t get much easier either! Definitely a keeper and I will make it again! Thanks for sharing!

34. Dejah
    posted Feb 8, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Tried this tonight and oh my goodness! My mom is going back for thirds! We used a pork shoulder instead of loin because it was on sale. Used an electric fry pan instead of the crock pot so we could eat sooner. Even with those changes, it was still incredible! We did make the tomato salad also. What a great way to change it up a bit! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this recipe! :)

35. Jackie
    posted Mar 17, 2014 at 6:59 am

This sounds amazing !!! I was wondering could I start with frozen tenderloins? Mine haven’t defrosted overnight and I am dying to try this tonight :-)
    Thanks for sharing

36. Jackie
    posted Mar 17, 2014 at 7:00 am

Thanks for sharing

• posted Mar 17, 2014 at 7:19 am

Yes, get them in there now!

• Jackie
        posted Mar 17, 2014 at 7:43 am

How many hours do you think I should cook them for? Maybe 8? Thanks so much for responding so soon! You rock!!!

37. Pingback: Honey Orange Glazed Pork - Shugary Sweets

38. posted Jun 30, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Could you put small red potatoes and carrots in crockpot at same time as meat and cook together?

39. Pingback: Slow Cooker Chipotle BBQ Pork - Shugary Sweets