Key Lime Fudge

by aimee @ shugarysweets on August 17, 2011

Vacation has ended and all I want is more fudge. See, I have this philosophy about vacation. It’s called, “I must eat fudge at every little shop I find.” My other one is “ice cream should be eaten daily on vacation.” What do you think? Good philosophies right?

I seriously walked into half a dozen fudge shops or more last week, wanting to see what everyone offers. Plus, nearly all of them give little bite sized samples to taste for free. And remember, I’m cheap. So yeah, I tasted. I also bought. And ate. And tasted. And bought. And ate.

And now, I came home and made my own new version of fudge. I had never made key lime pie before, but this fudge is really yummy!

I also came home from vacation to some really great news. Did you all hear about the Fairy Hobmother? Well, I was visiting a website one day, and she had mentioned that this Fairy Hobmother will grant wishes to people who leave comments. I was very skeptical, but played along.

Guess what? I got home from vacation and in my email was a message from David (yeah I know, a man as a Hobmother???) and he told me I won a giftcard to Amazon. My wish for a new ice cream maker has been granted! It gets better folks, if YOU leave a message on THIS post, YOU are eligible to have your wish granted. Be sure to tell him what you wish for! And this is real, I already got my money, I was skeptical too!
Thank you Appliances Online!!!

Key Lime Fudge
by Shugary Sweets
  • 2- 11oz bags white chocolate morsels
  • 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 5 key limes, zested and juiced
  • 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
Melt morsels with condensed milk on low heat until completely smooth. Whisk in lime juice and lime zest. Pour into a parchment paper lined 13x9 or 8x8 pan (for thicker fudge). Immediately sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs (pressing lightly so they stick into the hot fudge).
Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage

Linked To:
What I Made Weds These Chicks Cooked Wow Me Weds Cast Party It’s a KeepeSweet Treats Full Plate Thursday It’s a Party Sweet Tooth Friday Fat Camp Friday I’m Lovin It Bacon Time Sweet Indulgences
Strut Your Stuff Sweets for a Saturday Recipe Sharing Monday So Sweet Sunday Mangia Monday
Melt in your Mouth Monday Mouthwatering Mondays

Jordan McCollum August 17, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Yum!! Thank you for sharing. I’m totally going to pin this. And congrats on getting your wish granted!

Kari August 17, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Key Lime Fudge sounds awesome – love key lime pie! And man – funny you should say about your wish – I need a new blender like you wouldn’t believe. Kim told me she makes smoothies for her kids everyday – I make them about twice a year because my blender can’t even crush frozen blueberries!!! I end up holding the whole blender sideways and shaking it to try and help it along!! They beg for smoothies all the time!

Aimee August 17, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Jordan- you forgot your wish!
Kari- I make smoothies daily as well, you MUST get a new blender. I’ve already spent my $50 Amazon card, but not telling what I bought yet :)

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos August 17, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Oh.My.Goodness…key lime fudge!?! Sounds simply amazing! I would probably use a gift card toward a new lens for my camera!

Emily August 17, 2011 at 2:02 pm

This fudge looks great. I’ve been looking for a key lime recipe that doesn’t have to be refrigerated. I wish for a food processor.

Aimee August 17, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Emily, this doesn’t need to be refrigerated, although it tastes really good cold. It tastes good either way, but more “Pie-ish” when cold. Make sense?
Enjoy!

Denise August 17, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Oh! I love key lime ANYTHING!

Stop by and link up at What’s Cooking Wednesday!

Addie August 17, 2011 at 3:42 pm

As I read this post, all I could think about was these would make AWESOME key lime truffle centers!!!! How about it???
I love when little wishes come true!!
addietx@yahoo.com

Aimee August 17, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Addie, I honestly thought about it. You could freeze the bowl of “fudge” for about 30 minutes, then scoop into balls and dip in white chocolate, sprinkle with grahams. But, sadly, I was too lazy. And hungry for fudge! They would make AMAZING truffle centers. Try it, and let me know what you think!

Julie August 17, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Yummy! Sounds refreshing….I think I would wish for a bigger 7 qt crockpot, because my 5 qt is simply not big enough sometimes.

Lynn Daws August 17, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I Love anything key lime. I would wish for a deep fryer…thanks for the recipe…

Mandy August 17, 2011 at 6:03 pm

This looks incredible! I could use a giftcard as well and I’d put it towards a new camera. I’m saving up and hope to get one next summer.

Becky August 17, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I cannot wait to make this fudge. I too thought about how great this would be as a truffle!
Congrats on getting your wish granted, its the small things that make life a little sweeter. I’m needing a new blender, I keep hoping they will go on sale, but you know how that goes.
Have a wonderful day!
~Becky

Amber Filkins August 17, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I am looking forward to trying this fudge recipe, it sounds delicious! I hope I get my new blender wish granted! I make smoothies for the whole family every morning and my blender gave up 3 days ago. I am jonesin’!

Kathy Brown-Lowery August 17, 2011 at 6:34 pm

O Fairy Hobmother, I sure would like a new standmixer.

Jocelyn August 17, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Oh these sound totally like something my hubby would enjoy…I’m going to have to try it out:-) Congrats on your winnings…so fun!!! Please fairy hobmother, grant me a cool waffle iron!!!!

Kim McCallie August 17, 2011 at 7:49 pm

You are the goddess of fudge!

Lark (SparkyLarky)@ Lark's Country Heart August 17, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Oh heavens this looks great Aimee!
And congrats on your new Ice Cream maker! :)

*If I had a wish it would be for a New Kitchen Aid Mixer! (I have had this one for 6 yrs and it is on it’s last leg) :)

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray August 17, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Oh, wow! How fun that you got your wish granted. See, I knew that it was okay to still believe in magic as a grown-up. :)

I think I would wish for a food processor…I always *crave* fresh pesto, but I’ve got nothing to grind up my pine nuts with. And crushing my graham crackers in a Ziplock bag to make cheesecake crust is sadly time-consuming…

P.S. This fudge looks delicious! Definitely a lighter and zestier take.

Laura Seidita August 17, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I am making this on Friday! My parents are coming over for dinner and key lime pie is their favorite! I am sure this dessert will be a huge hit. Thanks Aimee for sharing!

BreAna {Sugar and Spice and All Things Iced} August 17, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I love eating fudge from little shops too!! This sounds absolutely fantastic!! I can’t wait to try it!! :) Oh, and I wish I had a food processor!!

Julie August 18, 2011 at 12:18 am

Looks wonderful!

Melissa @IWasBornToCook August 18, 2011 at 4:07 am

I’m all about key lime everything lately. Love this fudge. And I’d also love a new toaster oven!

Enigmeg August 18, 2011 at 8:22 am

Ooooh! Recently discovered your blog, and LOVING the daily posts :) So far, my favourite one has to be for the broo-kies – just DYING to try them! :)

SUPER excited about the wish-granting too! If I had to wish for something, it would probably be a hand blender (MUST HAVE for soups!) My mum knicked my last one :(

Looking forward to the forthcoming blogs… :D

Gray Cardigan August 18, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I love Key Lime anything so I can’t wait to try these!!!!

Love hearing about getting your wish granted! I wish I could have one of those Keurig single cup coffee makers!!! (fingers crossed!!) LOL!!

Janet

regmoses August 18, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Love you blog. Can’t go wrong with donuts, but I ended up here because of your post on apple nachos. Cannot wait to try these, especially as Fall starts rolling in!
If there is a blender that exists, somewhere in this universe, that would actually make smoothies without requiring me to stop and shove down the ingredients 1,000 times, and withstand the smell and noise of burning metallic parts … that’s what I would want.
But, I would also need someone to tell me what blender would actually perform because I couldn’t handle any more blender letdowns.
Do I really have to spend $300? Because, as much as I want that, i really don’t want that to be me sole Christmas gift one year, you know?

Aimee August 18, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Regmoses- thanks for coming by! As for a blender, I have an Oster Fusion, and I love it. We make smoothies every morning and it does a great job. It’s about 4 years old, I got it at Target, probably for about 70 dollars?

Rug Cleaning Los Angeles August 18, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Oh, yum! I’ve never seen any fudge other than chocolate or peanut butter… Can’t wait to try this! What a great summertime version :D
-Rachel

Robin @ Simply Southern Baking August 19, 2011 at 12:52 am

White chocolate and key lime? Yummy! Sounds delish!

Jenn August 19, 2011 at 2:15 am

Key Lime Fudge – sounds delicious!!!

Screaming Sardine August 19, 2011 at 10:49 pm

This sounds wonderful!! I’ll be trying this soon.

Pinning this on pinterest. :)

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

Miz Helen August 20, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I am so excited to get this recipe. A friend had gave us some Key Lime Fudge for Christmas and it was delicious. I can’t wait to make this. Hope you have a great week end and thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
Come back soon,
Miz Helen

Kim McCallie August 20, 2011 at 8:48 pm

The ingredients for this have already been purchased! It will happen this weekend!!! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Amy August 20, 2011 at 11:47 pm

What a delightful and refreshing dessert! This will be on my next do try list to make!

My blog turns 1 today and I’m hosting a giveaway on my blog as a way to say thank you for your supports in the past year. Please come over to check it out if you’re interested. http://utry.it

Inspired by eRecipeCards August 21, 2011 at 3:11 pm

OH MY… This sounds wonderful! I am a sucker for fudge on vacation. just love the idea of a non chocolate based fudge and key limes are always a winner! terrific post, i found you on Jam Hands blog hop and plan to be back!

Dave

Virginia August 22, 2011 at 12:46 pm

What a great idea for fudge! I’m not a big chocolate lover but I love fruit so this is perfect. I need a new food processor! My just spins the food around and doesn’t chop or blend it. Help!

Mama J August 22, 2011 at 2:40 pm

My father loves key lime and he loves fudge. I now know what to make him for his birthday. Thanks for the idea! :)

Mickey August 22, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Love this combination, just might have to try it :)
mickey

Terri @ A Creative Princess August 23, 2011 at 11:12 am

You have me drooling! I’m going to the store today. I’ve got to make some! Thank you for linking to It’s a Party! I can’t wait to see what you make for us this week!

Dez August 24, 2011 at 3:22 pm

This fudge sounds amazing. I love citrus flavors. And congrats on getting your wish granted!
Fairy Hobmother, if you’re reading this, I’m crossing my fingers and wishing for a gift card to Payless Shoes or The Children’s Place so I can get my daughters each a new pair of shoes for the new school year.
thumper1182@hotmail.com

Sanctified Spaces August 25, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Such a cool fudge recipe. Totally floored.

Christie B. August 25, 2011 at 4:59 pm

MMMMM fudge, this sounds really good.
If I could have a wish granted it would be for a giftcard to WalMart to get my girls a new outfit for school.
christiebrooks@att.net

Not Your Ordinary Agent August 26, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Key Lime Fudge sounds interesting and BRILLIANT! Please link it to Foodie Friday http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/08/foodie-friday-3.html
And become a follower too! Love you site, always have.

Karan September 7, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Oh my just found your recipe for this and it sounds so good. I love key lime anything. This is a must try for me.

Karan

Peggysue September 23, 2012 at 3:53 am

This will definitely be my Christmas gift for all of my FL friends/neighbors. It seems everyone down there loves key lime, and fudge…well a perfect christmas treat! Not sure if the wish thing is still going, but I would love to get an Oliso iron!

Jesness December 4, 2012 at 10:51 am

I love, love, love your fudge recipes. I whipped up the pb fudge and cookies and cream fudge last night for gift bags. Next up is this key lime. I wondered how the graham crackers held up though. I’m looking at freezing the fudge until I have a chance to distribute all of it. Do you think the grahams would turn soggy?
Thanks!!

Jesness December 5, 2012 at 9:59 pm

So I did end up leaving off the graham crackers. I can tell that it would be a fabulous addition, but the fudge is still amazing. Thanks for another winning recipe!!

Joan Reed June 24, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Do you have a mailing list? If so, may I be included at the above email address.

Thank you.

Jessica March 27, 2014 at 12:13 am

This fudge looks awesome! Can’t wait to try it.
My wish would be for a standmixer.