Brownie Bites with Root Beer Frosting

by aimee @ shugarysweets on September 5, 2011

Yeah, I’m on a root beer kick. I mean, really, to me, it’s summer. It may be Labor Day, and September, but it’s still summer. And root beer means summer in my book. The rich chocolate in the brownies paired with the creamy root beer flavored frosting is pure goodness. Enjoy, because I’m sure there are more root beer recipes coming in the future.

Maybe even in the winter, when I wish it were summer.

Brownie Bites with Root Beer Frosting
by Shugary Sweets
Keywords: bake dessert root beer chocolate brownies
6016748
    • ½ cup butter, softened
    • ½ cup butter flavored Crisco
    • 5½-6½ cup powdered sugar
    • ⅓ cup water
    • 2½ tsp rootbeer concentrate
    • 1½ Tbsp meringue powder
    In large bowl, mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Pour into 13x9 baking dish (lightly greased) or 8x8 for real thick brownies (I prefer 13x9). Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes.
    Also can use silicone brownie bites pan (makes about 48). Bake for about 12 minutes.
    In mixer, beat butter, crisco and 4 cups powdered sugar. Add water and remaining powdered sugar. Beat several minutes. Beat in root beer concentrate and meringue powder. Add more powdered sugar if necessary for desired consistency.
    Powered by Recipage

Jenn September 5, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I have seen so many rootbeer dessert recipes floating around, but I think this is the first one I have actually wanted to try. It sounds very yummy! Is rootbeer concentrate just that rootbeer extract stuff you buy to make homemade rootbeer?

Aimee September 5, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Yes it is Jenn, enjoy!

Cupcake Crazy Gem September 6, 2011 at 6:06 pm

WOW! well if there are more root beer recipes to come in the future I am definitely about to become your newest follower cause I have a serious r.b obsession! and these look amazing…thanks for sharing, so glad to have found them!

Julie September 7, 2011 at 12:10 am

I love the idea of rootbeer frosting! Delicious.

Lady Behind The Curtain September 7, 2011 at 6:14 am

This looks so yummy! I would love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday and shared this recipe with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

Sarah@totalbassetcase September 7, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Yum, yum, yum!!
    These do sound like the perfect summer treat!

Megan @ PolishTheStars.com September 7, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Looks delicious! I am intrigued by the root beer frosting. Definitely need to try this one.

Chef in Training September 13, 2011 at 5:08 am

these sound and look INCREDIBLE!

Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again with more great projects!
    -Nikki