Double Chocolate Oreo Cookies

by aimee @ shugarysweets on September 6, 2011

Double Chocolate Oreo crunch cookies from www.shugarysweets.com

My daughter, Alyssa, asked me to make some chocolate chip cookies last week. Actually what she said was, “mom, could you just make us some regular chocolate chip cookies?” Then she walked out the door to catch a bus. I sat there for a minute trying to understand what she was asking? I posted on facebook, “what does this mean.” Is she trying to tell me she doesn’t like it when I make unique treats? And what exactly are regular chocolate chip cookies?

This brings me back to last year at swim practice. One of the moms had brought in a batch of chocolate chip cookie bars. The whole ride home, Alyssa reported how good these were and how I need to find out what she used. Now, remember, I thought I had already perfected the chocolate chip cookie years ago, how could this be better?

So, naturally, I asked the mom the next day at practice what recipe she uses for her cookies. She told me it was Nestle toll house ready make cookie dough, pressed into a baking sheet. (anyone remember Friends, the one with Phoebe with her grandmother’s recipe???)

Toll house? That’s the big craze for Alyssa? So of course I couldn’t just make her chocolate chip cookies. I needed to SHOW her that unique is better. So, I made chocolate cookies, with chocolate chips and crushed Oreos. These are not for the faint of chocolate heart. These are serious milk dipping cookies! And, I must report, Alyssa LOVED them.

Double Chocolate Oreo Cookie Recipe:

(adapted slightly from my Chocolate Macadamia Cookie Recipe)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Crisco (butter flavored)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
12 Oreos, crushed
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
Cream butter, crisco and sugars together. Beat in eggs, salt and vanilla. Mix in the flour, cocoa and baking soda. Fold in Oreos and chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet and bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven (I tap the tops lightly to flatten and get crackled tops). Cool and enjoy!

Linked To:
Crafty Confessions,  Tuesday Talent Show,  Mouthwatering Mondays,  Recipe Sharing Monday Cookie Party
Totally Tasty Tuesdays,  Little Birdie Told Me,  Tempt My Tummy Tuesday,  Tasty Tuesday
Tasty Tuesday,  Melt in your Mouth Monday,  What I Made,  Wow Me Wednesday,  Cast Party
Two Maids a Baking,  These Chicks Cooked,  Gooseberry Patch,  It’s a Party,  It’s a Keeper
Sweet Tooth Friday,  Sweet Tooth Friday,  Fat Camp Friday,  Weekend Show Off,  Strut Your Stuff
Sweets for a Saturday   Sweet Indulgences Sunday,  Mouthwatering Mondays

Jocelyn September 6, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Totally feeling ya here! My oldest son keeps asking why I can’t make just plain treats…uuummm how boring is that!!! No way dude! Going to jazz it up and make it unique every chance I can get!!!! Love your oreo cookies…I am totally craving an oreo right about now:-)

Jackie September 6, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Hi Aimee

I’m new to your blog, I just want to know what do you mean by baking these cookies on a stone.

Lisa September 6, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I knew she’d come around sooner or later. No one can resist your super unique treats!

Something Swanky September 6, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I love this post! That is so funny about the “just make us some regular chocolate chip cookies.” My husband is kind of like that sometimes lol.

ALSO– a FRIENDS reference?? Um, hello! You are now officially my newest blogger BFF :) LOVE that episode!

Aimee September 6, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Jackie- I use stoneware baking sheets to do all my cookie baking (I got mine through Pampered Chef). I LOVE the way they turn out. You could use any cookie sheet, it’s just my preference :) Welcome to my blog by the way :)

Aimee September 6, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Hey Swanky- I love Friends too :)

Aimee September 6, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Jackie- also the scoop size I use is about 2Tbsp.

carolinaheartstrings September 6, 2011 at 2:34 pm

This looks like the perfect cookie to me. Delicious! Come visit. We have some wonderful apple recipes this week.

scrapwordsmom September 6, 2011 at 2:54 pm

LOL! That is so something my kids would say!!

These look amazing…I may just have to surprise my family tonight!!!

Leslie

Jeff September 6, 2011 at 3:06 pm

As an associate of Nestle, I approve of the swim mom!

Aimee September 6, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Jeff, if it makes you feel better I used the Nestle morsels you gave me :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust September 6, 2011 at 6:07 pm

These sound delicious. I love Oreos in anything! I’ve started a linky party on Tuesdays and would love for you to join sometime! Crazy Sweet Tuesdays is open each week from Tuesday-Thursday. Hope to see you!

Kirsteen September 6, 2011 at 9:10 pm

You made my mouth water! These cookies look so good.I love oreos and any recipe which incorporates them sounds great, but this recipe looks amazing can’t wait to try it out!

Jenna @ Newlyweds September 6, 2011 at 9:40 pm

My husband is the same way, can’t you just make normal boxed cakes or cookies or brownies, I totally don’t get it. So frustrating too!!!

BTW these look amazing and I appreciate your uniqueness and effort, oh and i am sure they taste 1 million times better too.

egbkid September 6, 2011 at 11:26 pm

These look delicious!! I am going to try to make these tomorrow!

BigBearswife September 7, 2011 at 5:08 pm

OOO great looking cookies!

Miranda September 9, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Oh man, I saw these on FB and have been wanting to come check them out. So awesome! I am making these next week. Love the story too, but I would take this version over Tollhouse any day! Thank you for linking to Fat Camp Friday. Enjoy your weekend!

Jenn Erickson September 12, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Oh, what blissful chocolatey oreo-ness! I could really get into these, a dozen at a time!

Thank you for linking up to “A Little Birdie Told Me…” your sweets are always a treat!

Jenn

Kim McCallie September 14, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I’ll definitely have to add these to my to-do list for holiday treat baskets this year! They look and sound amazing. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.