Rustic Peach Galette

by aimee @ shugarysweets on September 19, 2011

It’s that time again for Secret Recipe Club reveals! If you haven’t yet joined this group, it’s pretty awesome. This is my second month, and this month I was assigned the blog, Barefeet in the Kitchen. Mary is a great cook, and all her recipes look delicious and wholesome.

I chose to make her recipe for Peach Galette. I have wanted to make a galette for a long time now. What a perfect opportunity. I loved the simplicity of this recipe, and the rustic appearance. And the taste? Amazing! Exactly what I had hoped for! Thanks Mary!

Rustic Peach Galette
by Shugary Sweets
Keywords: bake dessert peaches galette
Ingredients (6 servings)
    For the Crust:
    • 2 cup flour
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1 Tbsp sugar
    • 3/4 cup butter, cubed
    • 1/3 cup water (very cold)
    For the Filling:
    • 5 peaches, medium sized
    • 2 Tbsp sugar
    • 1 tsp cinnamon
    • 2 Tbsp butter, melted
    • 1 Tbsp raw sugar, for dough
    Combine flour, salt and sugar in mixer bowl. Add cold cubed butter and mix with paddle attachment until dough is crumbly. Slowly add cold water and mixing until dough comes together.
    Wrap dough in saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. While chilling, wash and slice peaches. I kept the skin on because I like the way it looks (and tastes). You can certainly peel yours if you like. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar evenly over the peaches, set aside.
    Roll dough out into a 14in circle. I made mine rectangular, about 15x9. Brush with half of the melted butter, then layer on the peaches. Leave room along the edges to fold over the dough. Brush the edges of the dough, after being folded, with butter. Sprinkle with the raw sugar. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 375 degrees. Bake for about 35 minutes. Remove and cool slightly. Delicious with whipped cream or ice cream! Enjoy! (recipe from here)
    Powered by Recipage

Linked To:
    Sweet Treats

Kitchen Belleicious September 19, 2011 at 12:11 pm

The galette looks amazing! definitely rustic! So glad to find your blog thru SRC! Actually stopping by from Sweet Flours who had you. Great site and your newest follower!

Trisha September 19, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Aimee, this is one of the best looking galettes I’ve ever seen. Beautiful food coupled with great photography!

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos September 19, 2011 at 12:47 pm

This looks delicious! And pretty simple, gotta love that!

Sinful Sundays September 19, 2011 at 12:48 pm

That looks beautiful, Aimee! So rustic and fresh. I’m sure it tastes even better! :)

Beth September 19, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I like Mary’s blog too. And you just can’t have too many peach recipes! This galette looks terrific.

Mary September 19, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Your galette turned out beautifully! You’ve made me crave this all over again. I’m going to try it with some vanilla ice cream next time I make it. Thanks!

Kristen September 19, 2011 at 1:26 pm

What a pretty galette. All that fresh fruit is making me drool!

Jey @ The Jey of Cooking September 19, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Oh wow, that looks lovely. Well done!

Kristi September 19, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Wow…now I know what to do with my CSA box peaches. Thanks for posting. Looks delicious.

Danielle September 19, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I have never made one either – yours is beautiful and makes me want to give it a try.

Gloria September 19, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Look amazinf and delicious!! gloria

Lady Behind The Curtain September 19, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Looks Delicious!!! GREAT SCR CHOICE!

Allison September 19, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Aimee! I am so glad I can come out and finally comment on your amazing blog. I have absolutely been sucked in. You cook/bake in a way I know my family will like which is so important to me when choosing recipes. I have been stopping by daily and don’t plan on stopping any time soon.

Lizzy September 19, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Oh, I love this! I’m a huge fan of peach desserts (and galettes ;)). Just beautiful!!!

Jenny @ Savour the Senses September 19, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Gorgeous photos! A great recipe for this time of year too! Happy SRC reveal day, check out my post at http://savourthesensesblog.com/plum-crunch-my-src-post/ =)

Miz Helen September 19, 2011 at 4:29 pm

This looks like a great recipe. It is fun cooking with you in the SRC. Hope you are having a great day and thanks for sharing!
    Miz Helen

Jennifer September 19, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Stopping by from group B. So fun to be in the Secret Recipe Club with

you. Great Post! This peach galette looks delish…I’ve never made one before…now looks like a good time to try!

If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to drop by my blog and check out my SRC recipe this month: Avocado Omelet

Lisa September 19, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Beautiful galette! I love your photography. Stopping by from group B SRC!

Dan September 19, 2011 at 4:59 pm

That’s an amazing-looking dessert!

Ma What's 4 dinner September 19, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Ok, would it be a bad idea to eat the entire galette? That would be wrong right?

That looks amazing!!!! It’s gorgeous and I’m sure delicious. Well Done!

Just doing a little Secret Recipe Club surfing. So glad it brought me to your great little piece of cyber space!

Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What’s For Dinner

Jeanie September 19, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I love peach season. Thanks!

Aimee September 19, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Awww, thank you all so much. I really enjoyed the galette, and I love SRC!
    Allison- I’m so glad you’re here. You said the sweetest things on your blog, thank you!

The Slow Roasted Italian September 19, 2011 at 6:21 pm

This peach galette looks amazing! So happy to ind you through SRC. I am your newest follower!

Stephanie September 19, 2011 at 6:51 pm

What a lovely tart! I was actually just reading about a Swiss galette, traditionally made in very large rectangle to be shared among many. It was sort of like a giant pizza like they used to serve at grade school birthday parties… That particular recipe called for plums, which make the most delicious desserts!

Andrea {From the Bookshelf} September 19, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Beautiful tart! Great SRC pick!

Pretend Chef September 19, 2011 at 9:28 pm

I am beyond giddy right now. I have all of the ingredients on hand to give this a try. This looks so delicious.

Lisa~~ September 19, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Rustic and gorgeous, I’m saving this recipe.

If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my group “A” SRC recipe this month: Welsh Cakes.

Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

Jeanette September 19, 2011 at 11:32 pm

I love the idea of a rustic galette – I’m not a pie maker, so this is something I could make. Great pick for SRC!

ButterYum September 20, 2011 at 12:31 am

I never used to be a peach fan years ago, but I’ve really learned to love them. I bet your house smelled heavenly when you were making this recipe.

This is my first time joining the SRC. I hope you’ll stop by and visit.

ButterYum

Julie September 20, 2011 at 12:53 am

Perfect for all of the beautiful peaches available this time of year. Yours looks beautiful!

AndiWinslow September 20, 2011 at 1:03 am

What a beautiful picture! the best andi

Ilke September 20, 2011 at 1:22 am

That picture makes me wanna grab a cup of coffee with that dessert. I love the look. Nice recipe for the SRC.:)

Desi September 20, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I had her blog last month! She’s got some great recipes. Nice pick you made! Looks delish!

Thanks for stopping by to check out my SRC post :)

Nicole @ the Daily Dish September 20, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I have never made anything like this before, and the challenge is out there now. It looks so tasty and I love peaches… a perfect way to incorporate them into a delicious dessert.
    Great pick this month!

Amy September 20, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Yum! Looks great — I’m loving SRC, so many new recipes to try!

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING September 20, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Looks Delicious!

Thanks for being part of Group B of the SRC with me! My SRC recipe this month was: Pioneer Woman Chicken Pot Pie.

Amy September 20, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Sounds delicious! Now that peaches are out of season, I wonder how this would be with apples….

I’d love it if you’d stop by my SRC post for Turkey Sloppy Joes!

Melanie September 20, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Your galette looks beautiful! It’s amazing what a little heat does to peaches. I’ll have to try the dough recipe too. I’m unhappy with my current one. Thanks for sharing!

katie September 21, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Beautiful! I bet this is delicious!

Angela @ angelaskitchen.com September 22, 2011 at 2:03 am

Yum! That looks a-MAY-zing! Great photo, too. SRC is so fun- glad I joined so I can see all the great blogs and recipes.

BigBearswife September 23, 2011 at 3:08 pm

galette? I’ve never made a galette. But I do have a lot of peaches at home to use up!

marla {family fresh cooking} September 28, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I adore fruity galettes, yours looks great!
    Awesome to be in the Secret Recipe Club with you. Please join our link up for *Project LunchBox* You have wonderful recipes that can inspire others to make healthy meals at home http://su.pr/221xT1