Pumpkin Pie Truffles

Pumpkin Pie Truffles. Why not surprise your Thanksgiving guests with these cute little bites of pie!
Pumpkin Pie Truffles: delicious bites of pumpkin pie in a truffle center!

Why have pumpkin pie when you could be enjoying these bites of deliciousness? Not that I have anything against pumpkin pie. It’s just. Truffles. Yes. Truffles.

Pumpkin Pie Truffles

• 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/4 tsp allspice
  • 3 cup white chocolate morsels
  • 20 marshmallows (regular sized)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 24 oz vanilla candy coating

1. In large pot, mix sugars, butter, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and allspice. Stir and bring to a boil. Continue to boil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
  2. Stir in white chocolate morsels, vanilla, and marshmallows until melted. Mixture will get thick and dull. Pour into a mixing bowl (or use a hand-held mixer) and beat for about 2 minutes until smooth consistency.
  3. If making fudge, pour into a parchment lined 13x9 pan. Set aside to cool. Cut into bite sized pieces.
  4. If making truffles, place mixing bowl with fudge in refrigerator to set about 60 minutes. (To speed set, I usually pour the mixture on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate or freeze, then cut into cubes to roll as a ball.)
  5. Using a small scoop, or tablespoon, scoop out balls of fudge, roll, and place on baking sheet. Freeze truffles for an hour before dipping.
  6. Once all fudge is rolled, melt the candy coating. Using a toothpick, dip each truffle into the melted chocolate, tap the side of the dish to let the excess run off, then set on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat for all truffles.
  7. I like to dress them up a bit so I melted 1/4 cup dark chocolate morsels, and 1/4 cup orange candy melts in a dish. Melt in microwave (I did 30 second intervals), and pour into a ziploc bag. Snip off the end and drizzle over the white chocolate truffles.
  8. Refrigerate for best flavor!

60 Responses to “Pumpkin Pie Truffles”

1. posted Oct 8, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Hi Aimee. I’m so glad I found you over at Something Swanky. These truffles look amazing! I’m a new follower and can’t wait to check out all your recipes.

2. posted Oct 9, 2011 at 8:30 am

Great recipe! I’ve shared this link on my website, Coupons, Crafts and Causes. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great Sunday,

3. posted Oct 9, 2011 at 7:24 pm

They look delicious and cute with the fall colored lines !

4. posted Oct 10, 2011 at 10:58 am

How fabulous! Yummy and beautiful…off to read you guest post~

5. posted Oct 11, 2011 at 2:53 am

Yum! Those look delicious!

6. posted Oct 11, 2011 at 7:26 pm

This looks very sweet-de-licious! I’ve saved the recipe and can’t wait to try it.

7. posted Oct 12, 2011 at 3:35 am

I Love your recipe! Would you come over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and share your tasty recipe with us?
    I hope to see you there!

8. posted Oct 12, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday!! You were featured today!
    -Mandy, Sugar Bee Crafts

9. posted Oct 14, 2011 at 11:21 pm

These look and sound heavenly! I’ve been trying to gather up a few recipes to make as fall treats for my kids’ teachers for their Halloween parties. This looks like the perfect addition. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

10. posted Oct 15, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Hi! Just stopping back by to let you know that this recipe was tied for the #1 spot on last week’s Sweet Indulgences Sunday. Hope you’ll stop by this weekend and share another recipe!

11. posted Oct 17, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Those look soo soo good!

Stopping by from TTT :)

12. posted Oct 28, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I was just randomly stumbling and ended up here!! Gotta love Stumble! :)

13. posted Nov 18, 2011 at 10:00 am

What beautiful truffles! Thank you for sharing.

14. posted Dec 5, 2011 at 11:21 am

Just doing some stumbling this morning before my kids wake up and this page showed up! I remember reading it earlier this fall, but not commenting. These look delicious!
    Thanks for sharing!

15. posted Sep 20, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I tried these the other day and I don’t know what happened but they are not a truffle like consistancy. I’m thinking next time I try them, I’ll leave the marsh mellows out. But the flavor is awesome.

16. Anonymous
    posted Sep 30, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Do you think these would work if butterscotch chips were used rather than white chocolate?

• posted Sep 30, 2012 at 8:48 pm

You can dip them in melted butterscotch. The taste would be different, but give it a try!

17. NatesMommy
    posted Sep 1, 2013 at 7:59 am

Recipe did not set after hours of time wasted and lots of money wasted I am super upset.

• posted Sep 1, 2013 at 8:37 am

I’m sorry to hear it didn’t set. I’ve made these numerous times over the past two years. The only thing I can think of is did you boil the mixture for the full ten minutes?

• NatesMommy
        posted Sep 1, 2013 at 8:50 am

I did I finally got it to set by flattening it in a baking vpan and putting in in the fridge. I am now letting the balls reharden as they got warm when handled fingers crossed I can get them done. Lol my neighbors are all excited to try them

18. Laurie
    posted Sep 8, 2013 at 6:11 pm

If I make the fudge instead of the truffles, do I pour the melted chocolate over it once it is set in the fridge?

19. posted Sep 10, 2013 at 8:36 am

i wonder if you could use less sugar the recipe seems like a enormous amount of sugar.

20. Anonymous
    posted Sep 11, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Hi Aimee, i just wanted to ask u about how many does this recipe make? thank u. Gini

• gini rosa
      posted Sep 13, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Hi Aimee, i just wanted to ask u about how many pumpkin pie truffles does this recipe make. Thank u.

• posted Sep 16, 2013 at 9:21 am

It makes a lot. haha, honestly I keep forgetting to count!

• gini rosa
          posted Sep 23, 2013 at 3:10 pm

The reason i ask is because i wanted to make them for a wedding shower and i need to make about 60 of them. Does this recipe make that many? Please let me know, thank u. Gini

21. Jane
    posted Oct 7, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I only have mini marshmallows or marshmallow crime…how muchof either of those can I substitute?

22. April
    posted Oct 20, 2013 at 8:06 pm

After some of the other comments, and with absolutely no prior candy-making experience, I was a little worried how these would come out for me. Turns out they were perfect and amazingly delicious! I do have one question though-how do you get the chocolate coating to look so good? Are there any secrets? I’m making these for a bake sale at work and want them to look pretty like yours!

• posted Oct 20, 2013 at 8:44 pm

So glad they turned out for you! Lots of practice in the dipping of white chocolate. I always put the chocolate in a bowl, dip using a toothpick. Tap the excess chocolate off on side of bowl. Set truffle on parchment, remove toothpick and voila!!

23. posted Oct 23, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Hi Aimee
    Well I tried this twice. The first time itcdidnt set. My second time
    The fudge melts when I dipped it in the chocolate. HELP!!

Aalso, is it 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar and sugar or 1/2 cup of each.
    1 1/2 seem like a lot. Super sweet.

24. Vicky
    posted Oct 27, 2013 at 1:44 am

Hi, I just made these and I cannot get the mix to set, it is very runny. Boiled for 10 min, in the fridge for over 2 hours… I have even tried the freezer for like an hour, and still can’t make the balls. I am going to try leaving the mix in the freezer overnight. I am planing on bringing them to a party tomorrow…

• posted Oct 27, 2013 at 9:25 am

Hmmm, I’m sorry to hear this! Did you use canned pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie filling? I’ve made these truffles several times with much success!

25. posted Oct 30, 2013 at 5:56 pm

can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of all the spices? If so how much?

26. Sara
    posted Nov 5, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Hi Aimee…so i’m so excited to try this out, can you tell me how far in advance these can be made, we will be traveling for thanksgiving so if i can make them a few days ahead of time that may save me a lot! :)

27. Carla
    posted Nov 15, 2013 at 1:13 pm

I made the truffles last night and they were yummy! It did take longer than a hour to set up but they were worth it.

28. posted Nov 19, 2013 at 3:33 pm

These look amazing!! Thinking of making them for Thanksgiving…how many days in advance can I make the pumpkin pie truffles?

29. posted Nov 25, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Oh my goodness.. these look so scrumptous! ok u had me hooked at the pecan truffles and then u included the link to these yummy pumpkin truffles. I am so going to make these Thanks Giving Eve :)..I luv all ur news feed with all ur yummy recipes. I too luv..luv.. LUV Christmas. I luv decorating and one year after Halloween I did put my Christmas tree up :D.Happy ThanksGiving!

30. Jamie
    posted Nov 27, 2013 at 8:50 pm

My truffles didn’t set either. Have been in the fridge for around 8hrs now. One thing I can think of that happened to me before when making fudge one time is using margarine and not real butter. Too much oil in the butter can keep it runny.

• posted Nov 27, 2013 at 9:49 pm

That is a good thought Jamie, but I did use real butter. I didn’t change anything about the recipe at all. It just seems like everyone that tries these has the same trouble. That is why I was thinking maybe there is a misprint in the recipe that Aimee isn’t aware of? Have you tasted the filling though? It is so delicious. :-)

31. posted Nov 27, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Oh goodness now I see that the blog author has deleted my earlier comment without replying to me! Wow! I wonder how many other comments have been deleted? I guess this comment won’t last long either. I certainly won’t be visiting here again and will warn others.

• Shannon
      posted Nov 29, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Mine was deleted as well.

Takes 6 hours to make.

Use pumpkin puree, boil for 10 minutes, then pour into a 13×9 pan, something shallow, and put in the FREEZER for hours and hours. After melting the vanilla coating WITH PARAFFIN (half a bar), let it cool, so that when dipping the “fudge/taffy” doesn’t melt apart.

32. Dana
    posted Dec 1, 2013 at 7:24 pm

My comment was deleted also. Don’t try this recipe, it doesn’t work! Scam!!

• posted Dec 1, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I haven’t deleted any comments in this thread. I’m sorry the recipe didn’t work for you, but I’ve made it several times with no issues. Let me know what went wrong and hopefully I can help!

• Dana
        posted Dec 2, 2013 at 8:38 am

comments have been deleted…….I assume it is because the recipe simply does not work. It does not have the consistency of a truffle, more like a gooey mess. The people that have tried this, not your fellow friends all commenting on how yummy they “look”, have all said the same thing about this recipe. Be authentic, not just a food blogger who has her friends comment on how good her food “looks”

• posted Dec 3, 2013 at 7:47 am

I can’t help if people comment saying something looks good. And I don’t tell my friends to make it and comment that it worked. I’m sorry a recipe didn’t work for you. I have no idea why you think a comment has been deleted. The only times I have ever deleted comments is if there is profanity. It possibly ended up in my spam folder? It could have been left during a time a few weeks ago when my site was in maintenance and I lost two days worth of comments and posts. I pride myself on being authentic. And if a recipe has had too many fails I have pulled it down to remake, retest and repost. I have made these pumpkin pie truffles numerous times without fail. Without being in someone’s kitchen I am not sure what else I can do to help. I am thinking of doing videos with some of my recipes, maybe this is one I should start with!

• posted Dec 3, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I would LOVE to see a video of this recipe. Seeing you use the ingredients listed above and watching the steps and then seeing the consistency you come out with. I was most disappointed because the filling tasted so good and I really wanted to make these.

As far as the comments being deleted I know for a fact my first one was. And it wasn’t ugly – just stating what happened to me. It was there and now it isn’t. It is obvious that it was deleted because the next commenter, Jamie, said her’s “didn’t set either” referring to my comment.

33. posted Dec 1, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I’m sorry but our comments have been deleted.

34. Megan
    posted Sep 6, 2014 at 7:32 am

So do you use the 3 cups of white choc chips in the filling? I have another recipe for these that I make and it says to drain the pumpkin purée to get put extra moisture have you tried this? I can’t wait to make these. I do all the desserts for family gatherings and love finding new great things to bring out for the whole family! Thanks!

• posted Sep 6, 2014 at 7:48 am

I do use them in the filling. I use canned pumpkin, which doesn’t have as much moisture in it compared to fresh puree. Good luck and enjoy :)

35. posted Sep 12, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Just made these for a bake sale, opting for fudge instead of truffles. I followed the recipe and instructions exactly as written. The fudge set up fairly quick and the flavor is delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

• posted Sep 13, 2014 at 7:46 am

So glad to hear it! I love making this as fudge too…saves a few steps in prep time!

36. posted Sep 17, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Aimee, I loved this fudge so much when I made it for a bake sale last Saturday, I had to make more. I noticed two things I did automatically that aren’t specified in the recipe and thought they may help others who are having trouble getting their candy to set. When making candy, I was taught to always use a wooden spoon for stirring. I also packed the brown sugar when measuring, as most recipes instruct. I wonder too if timing is begun before the candy starts to boil. This batch today was made for a birthday gift. My husband, who is a huge pumpkin fan like me, requested I leave some of the fudge at home for him. :-) As the first batch, the fudge hardened well and didn’t require any refrigeration or freezing. Thanks again for sharing.

37. Pingback: Links I Hart

38. Pingback: 10 Ideas To Spend A Fall Day - The way To My Hart

39. Denise
    posted Oct 16, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I made these last week and they turned out awesome! Brought them to a party and got many compliments. Would definitely make them again. Thanks for the recipe.

40. Anonymous
    posted Nov 9, 2014 at 7:54 pm

I ran out of white chocolate and ended up making fudge with half white half semi sweet I think it tastes better that way.

41. Julie
    posted Dec 24, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Do you half small can or large can of pumpkin?

42. Pingback: Thanksgiving Cookie Cake and a Turkey Day Roundup! - Shugary Sweets