Pumpkin Pie Truffles
Why have pumpkin pie when you could be enjoying these bites of deliciousness? Not that I have anything against pumpkin pie. It’s just. Truffles. Yes. Truffles.
Pumpkin Pie Truffles
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3 cup white chocolate morsels
- 20 marshmallows (regular sized)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 24 oz vanilla candy coating
- In large pot, mix sugars, butter, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and allspice. Stir and bring to a boil. Continue to boil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in white chocolate morsels, vanilla, and marshmallows until melted. Mixture will get thick and dull. Pour into a mixing bowl (or use a hand-held mixer) and beat for about 2 minutes until smooth consistency.
- If making fudge, pour into a parchment lined 13x9 pan. Set aside to cool. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- If making truffles, place mixing bowl with fudge in refrigerator to set about 60 minutes. (To speed set, I usually pour the mixture on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate or freeze, then cut into cubes to roll as a ball.)
- Using a small scoop, or tablespoon, scoop out balls of fudge, roll, and place on baking sheet. Freeze truffles for an hour before dipping.
- Once all fudge is rolled, melt the candy coating. Using a toothpick, dip each truffle into the melted chocolate, tap the side of the dish to let the excess run off, then set on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat for all truffles.
- I like to dress them up a bit so I melted 1/4 cup dark chocolate morsels, and 1/4 cup orange candy melts in a dish. Melt in microwave (I did 30 second intervals), and pour into a ziploc bag. Snip off the end and drizzle over the white chocolate truffles.
- Refrigerate for best flavor!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**