Pumpkin Spiced Biscotti

Pumpkin Spice Biscotti: so easy to make and perfect for fall breakfast. Grab your coffee and enjoy

Something happened in my family this week. I’m talking, unforgivable. My husband made an announcement. Ready to hear what it was? Brace yourself.

He told me he doesn’t love pumpkin. He says it’s just “okay.” I KNOW!!!!! I was shocked. I mean, the man I have known for over half my life is going to confess this to me. Now? When I’m deep in the heart of baking every pumpkin dessert known to man? My heart broke a little bit. Until I realized something.

More for me.

• 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp crystallized ginger (optional)
  • 11oz white chocolate morsels
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1. In mixer, combine eggs, pumpkin and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Beat in spices. Slowly beat in the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until the crumbly texture becomes smooth.
  2. Divide dough in half. I like to add the chopped pecans and crystallized ginger to half the batter at this point, and leave the other half plain.
  3. Form two 12 inch long logs (about 2-3 inches wide) on a parchment lined baking sheet. I use my hands to press dough into the shape.
  4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn oven down to 300 degrees. Allow biscotti to cool for about 15 minutes. Using a serated knife, slice biscotti into 1 inch thick slices. Lay each slice on it’s side and return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes. The biscotti will continue to harden as it cools.
  5. In microwave safe bowl, add chocolate morsels and pumpkin pie spice. Microwave on medium heat for 30 second intervals, mixing between each interval. When smooth frost the cooled biscotti.
  6. You can frost the biscotti by dipping the bottoms into the chocolate mixture, and letting the chocolate set (about 1 hour). Or put chocolate in a ziploc bag, snip the corner, and drizzle over the top of the biscotti. Allow to set about an hour. Enjoy!

More pumpkin recipes:

Pumpkin Pie Dip

Pumpkin Cheesecake Cake

Pumpkin Scones

35 Responses to “Pumpkin Spiced Biscotti”

1. posted Oct 10, 2011 at 12:55 pm

This looks like another great pumpkin treat! I can imagine the aroma of fresh baked biscotti and coffee…great post!

2. posted Oct 10, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Haha!!! Love the “More for Me” comment. It looks D-LISH!!! Thank you for sharing. ♥♥♥

3. posted Oct 10, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Seriously? He said that??? You can come live with me…Pumpkin is way more than ok in my house:-) I need some of this biscotti to give me the boost I need to do 4 miles!!!

4. posted Oct 10, 2011 at 2:11 pm

These look delicious, Aimee! My husband prefers pumpkin things without chocolate, so if I don’t want to have to share then I just make something with pumpkin AND chocolate. I wish I had one of these to dip in my coffee right about now…

5. posted Oct 10, 2011 at 4:23 pm

This looks like a great recipe. I can’t wait to give it a try!

6. posted Oct 10, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Aww, lol! Well, yes, more for you! Your biscotti looks great! Love the white chocolate topping! :)

7. posted Oct 10, 2011 at 7:43 pm

@ Joceyln- yes he seriously said that. So today I made pumpkin pound cake.

@ Sinful Sundays and Abby- thanks :)

8. posted Oct 10, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Looks delicious! I love biscotti.. Today I was thinking whether I should make pumpkin scones or pumpkin biscotti..and decided to make pumpkin scones because biscotti seemed harder to make..someday I want to try making them!

9. posted Oct 11, 2011 at 11:33 am

We love pumpkin & biscotti! We are sugar free and GF but I can probably make subs. Visiting from Rook 17.

10. posted Oct 11, 2011 at 1:02 pm

You know, I’ve never made biscotti. I may have to. These look excellent!

11. posted Oct 11, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I don’t know how anyone can dislike pumpkin, but as u said, more for you! This looks delicious and the frosting is the perfect touch!

12. posted Oct 11, 2011 at 11:31 pm

What a great recipe! Your hubby doesn’t know what he’s missing… :) (I bet you make his favorites to enjoy while you enjoy your “extra” biscotti!)

13. posted Oct 12, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Wow…I”ve never made biscotti, but I think I need to now! I love all things pumpkin! I think the frosting on the bottom makes them look so pretty. Please come over and link up to my Must Try Mondays!

14. posted Oct 12, 2011 at 8:20 pm

This looks absolutely YUMMY!!!! I WILL be making this for my mom and myself who adore biscotti!!
    I rolled at the start of your post…MORE FOR ME!!! ROFL I am your newest follower!

15. posted Oct 12, 2011 at 8:21 pm

also I found you on the sweet peas & bumble bees link party

16. posted Oct 12, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Carrie- it’s so easy to make!
    Chantelle- thanks for following! You have to make this if you love biscotti, it’s delish. I can’t decide if I liked the spiced (with ginger and nuts) or plain better. Both yummy!

17. posted Oct 13, 2011 at 3:50 am

Oh my word! You had me at Pumpkin…but when I saw biscotti I think I drooled on my keyboard! I am sooo making this!

I’d love for you to join my link party:

18. posted Oct 13, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Oh I need to make these NOW! They look awesome.

I can kinda understand your husband though – I don’t like pumpkin everywhere (no smoothies or lattes please, just the thought makes me gag).

19. posted Oct 14, 2011 at 12:22 am

Oh yummy! I’ve been wanting to make some of this but haven’t had time yet. It looks great!

20. posted Oct 15, 2011 at 4:45 am

These look amazing. I am making these this weekend! Linked to you from Fat Camp Friday. Thanks

21. posted Oct 16, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Yum, making this now! It will go perfect with pumpkin spice latte! Thanks!!

22. posted Oct 16, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I made these this morning and OMG! They are so good!! It’s going to be hard to control myself! If you don’t mind, may I post these on my blog? Of course I’ll put your link and give you all of the credit. You deserve it!!!

23. posted Oct 16, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I’m so glad you liked them. I want more now :) Of course you can blog about them…spread the love of food!!

24. posted Oct 17, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I love everything pumpkin and feel your pain about your husband being not as excited about it. My husband isn’t into pumpkin or apples. At first it made fall baking less fun. But then I realized that I am baking and he isn’t so tough luck for him! :)
    I just try to throw in some chocolate chip cookies every now and then to appease him.

25. posted Oct 18, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Ah yes, with a pumpkin treat this amazing, it’s a good thing he doesn’t care for pumpkin — more for you, indeed. Your pumpkin biscotti looks downright hoardable!

26. posted Oct 25, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Oh yum, I can’t wait to try this recipe I love biscotti!!

I am pinning this recipe, would share it on fb, but fb has been crazy to me all day!

27. posted Nov 13, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I have been looking for a good Pumpkin Biscotti recipe! Ok, not actively.. But desiring it. :-) These look fab!

28. Joan
    posted Oct 6, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I made this for my Pumpkin housewarming and it was a hit. Thanks!

29. Valerie M.
    posted Oct 11, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Delicious recipe, thanks so much for sharing!

30. Maryan
    posted Nov 16, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Hi. Thank you for such a delicious receipt!! I just made two batches!! I have a question. Can this receipt be made using unbleached flour?

Thank you again!

• posted Nov 18, 2013 at 7:40 am

Hi Maryan,
      Yes, unbleached flour would work fine in this recipe!

31. Pingback: 20 Fall Breakfast Recipes | ABC Creative Learning

32. Pingback: 50 Pumpkin Spice Recipes - Kendall Rayburn

33. Robin
    posted Nov 7, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I just made this recipe but 3.75 cups of flour was wayyy too much. Did you mean to put 2.75 cups? The dough was incredibly dry and lacked any moisture… Help!

34. Pingback: Homemade Pumpkin Spiced Biscotti | Evermine Blog