I’ve been obsessed with truffles this holiday season.
I can’t help it. They are beautiful. Delicious. And easy to eat! Plus, there are so many flavor possibilities!
These almond truffles are one of my absolute favorites. The rich chocolate almond center, surrounded by crunchy almonds then dipped for a crunchy white chocolate coating…yes please!
- 12 oz milk chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
- 16 oz white chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup red/green candy melts
- In a saucepan, melt milk chocolate with heavy cream until smooth. Remove and cool about 15 minutes.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add almond extract. Beat on low until smooth (about 1-2 minutes). Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Scoop mixture into small 3/4 inch balls, roll in chopped almonds and freeze on parchment lined cookie sheet for about one hour.
- Using a toothpick, dip each truffle in melted white chocolate. Tap side of bowl to remove excess. Allow to set on cookie sheet for 30 minutes. Drizzle with melted red and green chocolate candy melts. Set 15 minutes and enjoy. Store in airtight container or freeze in ziploc for future use.
Copyright Shugary Sweets 2011-2015
**If you enjoyed these truffles, you may also enjoy…
Andes Mint Cookie Dough Truffles by ShugarySweets
Crispy Chocolate PB Cookie Dough Truffles by How Sweet It Is
Eggnog Truffles by ShugarySweets
Thin Mint Truffles by Cookin’Cowgirl
Salted Caramel Brownie Bite Truffles by Inside BruCrew Life
Leave a Comment