Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
This week for my “Joy the Baker Cookbook Spotlight” I was able to choose my own recipe from the cookbook. From the day I started stalking Joy one thing stood out to me. She loves pancakes. And has many recipes for them on her blog. Let me just say, the girl knows her flapjacks!
I chose to make her Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes. Oh. Em. Geeeeeee. These are seriously the best pancakes I have ever made. They really do taste like an oatmeal cookie! This is now our Saturday morning pancake recipe. Without a doubt.
I was a little nervous about the kids enjoying these since they had oats, and oats = healthy in our house. But, they didn’t even notice the oats. Scarfed those pancakes all up! I did leave out the raisins since I knew that would have caused a battle (harder to hide), but I bet they would be quite tasty in these pancakes! Thanks Joy for a winning recipe!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick oatmeal
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- In large bowl, mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In small bowl whisk together eggs, buttermilk, syrup and melted butter.
- Add milk mixture to the flour and fold together until completely combined. Let sit for several minutes.
- Heat large griddle in medium, add 1-2 Tbsp butter. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle and heat until top is bubbly, flip and cook other side. Add more butter to griddle after each batch is cooked (very important!!!).
- Serve with syrup and enjoy!
Copyright Shugary Sweets 2011-2015
Leave a Comment