Banana Muffin Tops

by aimee @ shugarysweets on March 27, 2012

I have a love of muffin tops.

Not that flap of skin that sticks out of too tight jeans. Nope, not that kind of muffin top.

I’m talking the tops of a muffin. Where all the good flavor resides. I recently bought a muffin top pan (which can also double as a whoopie pie pan), and have gotten into trying all sorts of muffins. Remember these carrot cake muffin tops with cream cheese frosting?¬†Yeah. I can’t get them out of my mind either. They were amazing.

So are these banana muffin tops. Moist, delicious, and super easy to make! You could certainly “pimp them out” by adding nuts and a glaze on top…but it totally wasn’t necessary. These are awesome to keep in the freezer too and take them out for a quick breakfast. Enjoy!
Banana Muffin Tops

• 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 bananas, mashed
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt

1. In mixer, blend butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beat until combined. Blend in bananas. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  2. Fill cavities of muffin top pan half full (do not over fill). Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool. Enjoy!

Jocelyn March 27, 2012 at 11:18 am

hahaha!! I am glad you clarified about the muffin tops… I was giggling as I read that:-)

I love a simple but yummy muffin top. Thanks for the tip to freeze them. My daughter wants muffins all the time. I will need to freeze some just for her:-)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust March 27, 2012 at 1:44 pm

LOL! I agree – muffin tops are awesome. I need to make some for the freezer. I get really hungry after the gym. If I’ve just exercised, then it’s okay, right?

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 27, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I love the idea of muffin tops! Your recipe looks wonderful!! I just saw your post from yesterday and your cupcakes look wonderful!! Happy birthday to your daughter!

Averie @ Averie Cooks March 27, 2012 at 2:20 pm

this is the best possible kind of ‘muffin top’ :)

they look delish! and easy!

Hayley March 27, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Yesssss… I love me some banana muffins like no other! I NEED this, Aimee! NEED! Please send some my way ASAP because I am starving and cannot wait.

RavieNomNoms March 27, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Muffin tops are the bestttttttt!!! My favorite part of the muffin, although I am sure there are MANY others out there like that.

Sally @ sally's baking addiction March 27, 2012 at 3:53 pm

these muffin tops are PERFECT! i have a muffin top holder just waiting to be used. i’m saving this recipe and pinning it. yum!

Kiri W. March 27, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I’m with you on muffin tops ;)
These look great!

Russell at Chasing Delicious March 27, 2012 at 8:50 pm

How cool is this! I love muffin tops and I love that these are just the muffin tops! Yum.

Our Eating Habits March 28, 2012 at 12:07 am

These look so good! They will put my muffin top pan to good use. Thanks for the whoppie pie idea, I have never thought of using my pan for that!

Jaime March 28, 2012 at 12:36 pm

This looks so good! I never knew there was such a thing even though I love muffins and bake them quite often. Must go look for one small enough to fit into my oven. Thanks for sharing!

Melissa Bo March 28, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Thanks for sharing!
These look great!

Kay Smyth March 29, 2012 at 12:58 am

Me too, I love tops of a muffin. this is the most delicious finger licking part. I also love banana muffin. Thanks for sharing you recipe. Hopefully, I can prepare this one tomorrow.

Sarah@WholeandHeavenlyOven July 12, 2013 at 9:43 am

I love the idea of “muffin tops” ’cause everyone knows that’s the absolute best part of a muffin! :D
Sarah@WholeandHeavenlyOven recently posted..Berry Mini-CheesecakesMy Profile

Zainab @ Blahnik Baker July 12, 2013 at 10:00 am

These look very delicious and I love the idea of just muffin top!
Zainab @ Blahnik Baker recently posted..Brown Butter Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies {Brown Butter Week}My Profile