Pistachio Fudge

Pistachio Fudge topped with Dark chocolate Ganache
Oh sweet pistachio fudge. I made two batches of this fudge. The first batch was delicious, but didn’t have quite enough pistachio flavor for me. So I made a second batch. All in the name of providing all of you a top notch recipe.
You’re welcome. This is one flavorful fudge. My husband who doesn’t like pistachios even enjoyed this fudge. Go figure!
Pistachio Fudge topped with Dark chocolate Ganache
I had to send this one out of the house immediately though, as having eaten the first batch alone (or most of it anyways), I couldn’t be trusted with a second pan of this fudge!
Don’t be scared either, no candy thermometer involved in this recipe!
Pistachio Fudge

• 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • pinch of salt
  • 3.5 oz pkg Instant pistachio pudding mix (powder only)
  • 7oz Fluff (marshmallow cream)
  • 11 oz white chocolate
  • 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled, chopped
  • 8oz dark chocolate, melted

1. In large saucepan over medium high heat, mix butter, sugar, heavy cream and salt. Bring to a rolling boil. Set timer and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
  2. In large mixing bowl, add pudding mix, marshmallow cream and white chocolate. Pour boiling mixture over ingredients. Beat for about one minute until combined and chocolate is completely melted. Fold in pistachios. Pour into a 9inch parchment paper lined square dish.
  3. Melt dark chocolate (either using microwave or double boiler). Spread on top of fudge and refrigerate about 2 hours until set. Cut and enjoy.

30 Responses to “Pistachio Fudge”

1. posted Mar 5, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I’m always instantly attracted to white (or green!) fudge, and the chocolate glaze on top of this one just makes it better. I’ve never seen a recipe that uses pistachio pudding, I’ll have to go track some down, although I don’t know that I’ve ever seen it. Thanks!

2. posted Mar 5, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Fudge is one of my favorites, I can’t wait to try this one! Please stop over and share at Mix it up Monday:

I hope to see you soon :)

3. posted Mar 5, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I love that pudding, but I haven’t had it in years. I’m thinking this fudge is the perfect way to reintroduce it into my life:-)

4. posted Mar 5, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Looks amazing, Aimee! I love pistachio ice cream and I can only imagine how rich and sweet this is!

5. posted Mar 5, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Can you believe I’ve never eaten a pistachio? Must remedy that with this fudge! :)

6. posted Mar 5, 2012 at 5:20 pm

mmmm this fudge looks incredible Aimee! i love pistachio pudding and ice cream. my friends think i’m weird! i’d LOVE a piece of this fudge.

7. posted Mar 5, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I love a good piece of fudge! Pistachios remind me of Christmas because my parents used to fill the toes of our stockings with the fun little green nut! This fudge is right up my alley! Thanks for sharing!

8. posted Mar 5, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Great idea for St. Pattys!

9. posted Mar 6, 2012 at 1:51 am

Thanks for a great fudge recipe. Stopping by from Jam Hands!

10. posted Mar 6, 2012 at 2:19 am

Wow that fudge looks great! Cannot wait to give it a try. Come visit this week. We have some wonderful things this week.

11. posted Mar 6, 2012 at 2:56 am

Oooh, yum! I love pistachios and have never had a fudge version! Sounds utterly delectable. :)

12. posted Mar 6, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Wow, this sounds amazing! Your so creative when it comes to your fudge!!

13. posted Mar 6, 2012 at 2:57 pm

YUMMY! I’ve never had pistachios either!

14. posted Mar 6, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday and I hope you’ll stop back soon :)

15. posted Mar 8, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I love white fudge, and you have here a great combination.
    It looks delicious and the recipe seems to be great!
    Thanks for sharing

16. posted Mar 8, 2012 at 9:25 pm

One of my fave sweets is Pistachio Ice Cream so this looks delicious to me!

17. Bev
    posted Mar 9, 2012 at 11:53 am

oh, that looks yummy! I love pistachios

18. posted Mar 9, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Love this! Just posted our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday link party…would LOVE for you to share this! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/03/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_08.html

19. posted Mar 11, 2012 at 4:14 am

That looks really delicious!

20. posted Mar 11, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Hi Aimee,
    Pistachio is one of my “Honey Bunnies” favorite flavors. I will surprise him with some of your Pistachio Fudge, it looks delicious!
    Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Happy St. Patrick’s Day and Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

21. posted Mar 12, 2012 at 8:01 pm

This looks absolutely scrumptious! I showed you off today!

22. posted Dec 3, 2012 at 10:31 am

Aimee! I just found this recipe via pinterest. I am so delighted that it is yours b/c then it MUST be a winning fudge recipe – i have yet to make fudge using fluff as part of the base. I love pistachio desserts, so so so much!! Love this recipe girl! :)

23. posted Mar 15, 2013 at 10:00 am

Oooo, this would be dangerous around me too :) Love how packed with pistachios this fudge is!

24. NMV
    posted Jun 3, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I am a cooking teacher and did the pistachio fudge with my students for a candy display we were doing to promote our department. They didn’t think they would like it when I said the word “pistachio” but they loved it! They were fighting over the last piece. We also did the cookies and cream fudge and strawberry swirl. They said the strawberry swirl tasted like ice cream. Thank you for your ideas, the kids loved it and everyone thought it looked beautiful!

25. Rebecca
    posted Nov 11, 2013 at 9:58 pm

This looks great. I would like to make this to take with me to my in laws for thanksgiving which is about five hours away. I would make this the night prior to leaving but i would like to know the best way to store this to ensure maximum freshness??? Thanks so much :)

• posted Nov 12, 2013 at 7:35 am

I’ve traveled with fudge before. I usually put it in an airtight container. This fudge is okay not refrigerated for those 5 hours (unless it’s 100 degrees and it will get melted).

26. Natalie
    posted Nov 14, 2013 at 9:56 pm

I just got done enjoying this amazing recipe…sooo yummy…and i agree that even those who do not like pistachio pudding or even he nuts will like this anyway if they give it a shot.

27. posted Jan 10, 2014 at 1:30 am

Thanks for the fantastic recipe! I made this to gift at Christmas time and of course keep a little for us, it tasted great!

28. Cara
    posted Feb 23, 2014 at 2:12 pm

What a disappointment! Two different batches with expensive Lindt chocolate and both separated into a disgusting mess. What went wrong?

29. Pingback: Gumdrop Fudge - Shugary Sweets