Chocolate Chip ROLO Cheesecake Muffins
I remember when I was a kid and my mom would let me pick a candy bar after grocery shopping. There were so many choices. I had 3 that I mainly chose and rotated each time…Skor, 100 Grand, and Rolos. Occasionally I would get a taste for a Charleston Chew (but usually I bought those from the pool concessions, cause they were frozen)…and if I was in the mood for non-chocolate I always chose Skittles.
Chocolate Chip Rolo Cheesecake Muffins
For the Cookie
- 3/4 cup Crisco butter flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Filling:
- 24 Rolo candies (I used minis, but regular would work too)
- 2 pkg (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat shortening with sugar and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour, salt and baking soda. Fold in chocolate chips. Set aside about 1/3 of cookie mixture for topping.
- Press remaining dough in 24 cupcake liners. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in mixer, beat cream cheese with sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Remove cookies from oven, press one rolo into each crust, lightly. Scoop cheesecake mixture over each crust. Drop bits of reserved cookie dough over cheesecake. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes more.
- Remove, cool and store covered in refrigerator. ENJOY!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**