Easy Tilapia with Strawberry Salsa

All the things you read about healthy living say you should eat more fish.

I love fish.

I could eat it every night.

Except I have never been one to be able to cook it.

Scratch that. I could cook it. Just not well.

But this dinner?
This. Dinner. Was. Delicious.
Tender tilapia filets with spicy seasoning. Pair it with the sweet strawberry salsa and some Cilantro Lime Rice and this is a restaurant quality meal.

Plus, you then feel good about enjoying that big bowl of chips with your leftover salsa.

Like this recipe? You might also enjoy….

Fish Tacos with Avocado Sauce by Shugary Sweets

• 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced small
  • 1 small red onion, diced small
  • 1 pinch kosher salt
  • 3 cranks fresh black pepper
  • 1 handful fresh cilantro, snipped
  • 1 lime, juiced

1. Mix all ingredients for the salsa in a large bowl (make sure to dice everything small)! Refrigerate until ready to use.
  2. In small bowl, mix chili powder with salt, black pepper, cumin and cayenne. Set aside.
  3. In large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat, saute olive oil with pressed garlic for about 2 minutes. Lay fish in pan and sprinkle with half of the seasoning. Cook about 4-5 minutes. Flip fish over and sprinkle with remaining seasoning and drizzle with lime juice. Cook an additional 4-5 minutes, until fish is fully cooked and flakes with a fork.
  4. Serve immediately with strawberry salsa. I like to pair this with my cilantro-lime rice. Enjoy!

23 Responses to “Easy Tilapia with Strawberry Salsa”

1. posted Aug 14, 2012 at 12:48 pm

two of my favorite things! yum, what a great dinner idea :)

• posted Aug 14, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Thanks Emily!

2. posted Aug 14, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Love this! Can’t wait to try it :)

• posted Aug 14, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Let me know if you do!!

3. posted Aug 14, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Tilapia is one of my favorite easy fish dinners! And I love this salsa–it would definitely jazz up my usual fish-rice-veggie combo. Thanks! :)

• posted Aug 14, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Change it up, I think you’ll love it!

4. posted Aug 14, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Yum! That spicy tilapia looks awesome, Aimee! Usually I never cook fish here (for some reason, we never have made anything but shrimp or fish sticks) but I totally want to try this. That salsa on top is reason enough! Yum.

5. posted Aug 14, 2012 at 2:19 pm

My blog cracked you up and your blog made me drool, that’s a fair exchange! Followed you on FB and twitter. Joined your blog as a follower as well!

6. posted Aug 14, 2012 at 3:38 pm

That look amazing! I love fish too, but I’m scared of cooking it. I might have to try this though. Think I could do a tomato salsa instead of strawberries?

• posted Aug 14, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Trust me this is no fail delicious! And a tomato salsa would be perfect as well!!

7. posted Aug 14, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Love! Your! Blog! I just started one yesterday and I’m hoping it will measure up to your’s some day!! BTW I hate tilapia. I love mahi mahi, red snapper, cod, and salmon.

8. posted Aug 14, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I love tilapia, thanks for this recipe! I hardly ever remember to buy it and when I do I end up just making boring fish. This would not be boring!

9. posted Aug 15, 2012 at 12:48 am

Oh my, this looks so inviting and delicious. Fish is also an absolute favourite of mine too. I could eat it everynight also. In fact, I did once for a week or so. But that was a while back when I lived alone, well, with my children. Now my partner is here, he doesn’t love fish like I do so it’s not too often now. I think he’ll like this with the spices too. Thanks for sharing.

-Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

10. posted Aug 15, 2012 at 11:19 am

I love fish but never cook it at home. For some reason it always seems like a hassle. But this recipe looks like the one that will change my views! Thanks for posting it.

11. posted Aug 15, 2012 at 1:09 pm

My favorite way to enjoy fish is with fruit salsa. This looks awesome :)

12. posted Aug 15, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Aimee! holy heck. I feel like I could eat this strawberry salsa with a spoon and be content. And tilapia is my favorite type of fish. tender, mild, and SO easy to work with. I love this for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner!

13. posted Aug 15, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I love the sound of that strawberry salsa!! Fruit salsas are some of my favorites!

14. posted Aug 17, 2012 at 1:01 am

I love tilapia, but haven’t made it in so long, and never served it with fruit. This has to change. Yum!

15. posted Aug 24, 2012 at 10:42 am

Good morning, I featured this recipe on my blog today for my weekly seafood round-up. It looks great, thanks for allowing me to share! Here is the link: http://carriesexperimentalkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/08/week-31-seafood-frenzy-friday.html

16. Linds
    posted Jul 23, 2013 at 8:41 pm

This looks wonderful, however, I despise cilantro (I know, weird!). Do you suggest omitting it all together or substituting something else for the salsa?

17. Pingback: Must-Try: Tilapia with Strawberry Salsa | The Active Girl