Peanut Butter Nutella Pretzel Tart

by aimee @ shugarysweets on August 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Nutella and Pretzel Crust Tart recipe
I don’t even know where to begin here.

One of my kids favorite snacks would be pretzels dipped in nutella and peanut butter.

And, those said kids are now in school. So I think it’s time to classy that little snack up a bit.
The sweet and salty pretzel crust combined with the nutella fudge and drizzled peanut butter is like a party in your mouth. Seriously. Chew slowly or you might end up devouring this entire tart.

Like this Peanut Butter Pretzel recipe? You may also enjoy these recipes….

Peanut Butter Pretzel Fudge by Shugary Sweets

• 2 cup pretzels
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • For the Filling:
  • 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 12oz milk chocolate morsels
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 2/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
  • For the Garnish:
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1. In food processor, pulse pretzels until fine. Add in brown sugar and melted butter, and combine completely.
  2. Press into bottom of large tart pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Set aside.
  3. In large sauce pan, heat sweetened condensed milk and butter until warm over med-low heat. Add in milk chocolate and nutella and heat until smooth, whisking constantly. Pour into pretzel crust.
  4. Heat peanut butter in microwave dish. Drizzle over chocolate and refrigerate 2-3 hours, until set.
  5. Slice and serve!
  6. **recipe inspired from Hot Polka Dot

Jocelyn August 26, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Pretzel, nutella, and peanut butter…oh, my word!!! This sounds insanely awesome!!!! I know I would eat more than one slice!!!

Nicole {WonkyWonderful} August 26, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Wow! This looks Awesome! I love Nutella – but I’ve never tried dipping pretzels in Nutella or peanut butter. I’m sure it is Amazing. I love the idea of a pretzel crust! Sharing this great recipe :)

Aimee August 27, 2012 at 10:28 am

Never tried it? Guess there’s always a first time for everything! ENJOY.

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel August 26, 2012 at 10:18 pm

So let me get this straight: pretzels, peanut butter AND nutella in one fab tart? I’m in heaven!

Valerie (The Year of Living Healthfully) August 26, 2012 at 10:53 pm

I can tell you are definitely a peanut butter/pretzel/chocolate fan. Happy to join you in that particular sisterhood!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust August 26, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Oh no you didn’t! I think my pants just shrunk looking at this Aimee. Totally pinned…I need this in my life!

Aimee August 27, 2012 at 10:29 am

Sorry about the pants! Sometimes life calls for stretchy pants!!

Holly August 26, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Love love love!!! This tart sounds more than WONDERFUL!

Medeja August 26, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Is definitely sounds like a very flavorful treat!

Averie @ Averie Cooks August 27, 2012 at 12:29 am

this has it all! nobake, nutella, pb, drippy and oozing and gooey – oh lordy!

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos August 27, 2012 at 3:16 am

Shut the front door! This looks like sweet and salty perfection!

Aimee August 27, 2012 at 10:29 am

Haha thanks Becca!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers August 27, 2012 at 3:46 am

Oh my gosh you have out did yourself! I need this tart in my life, like right now!!

wallflourgirl August 27, 2012 at 7:15 am

I have no words for this. But maybe that’s just because I’m too busy trying to keep the drool from leaking out of my slightly agape mouth. Thanks so much for sharing! I have a bunch of homemade peanut butter to use up, and this will be perfect.

Aimee August 27, 2012 at 10:30 am

Good thing that drool stays on your side of the screen ;) haha!!!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} August 27, 2012 at 11:53 am

ME too! I love pretzels and pb or Nutella {sometimes both!}! This is pretty genius Aimee!

Pamela August 27, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Love this recipe! This looks so YUMMY! I am pinning to make for later! I host a link party Heavenly Treats Sunday, I would love it if you would link up! Love your blog, I am a follower!!

Jen @ Savory Simple August 27, 2012 at 12:37 pm

What an addicting tart! It sounds incredible.

Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box August 27, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Oh, my! This sounds incredible. Pinning and absolutely can’t wait to try!

sally @ sallys baking addiction August 27, 2012 at 1:47 pm

pretzels, PB, Nutella… you’ve covered ALL OF MY FAVORITE basics here Aimee! I don’t know how you come up with this stuff.. and make it so approachable and easy looking! Sweet and salty gets me everytime. :)

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction August 27, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Oh my. This is insanely delicious!!

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray August 27, 2012 at 7:47 pm

This looks phenomenal — I love this as a way to class up an after-school snack!

Aimee August 27, 2012 at 10:19 pm

That’s me….Miss Classy!!

Winnie August 27, 2012 at 10:16 pm

This tart sounds FANTASTIC !!
Pretzels + PB + Nutella = heavenly taste

jessica August 28, 2012 at 12:30 am

you make me want to eat nutella!!

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com August 28, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I’ve never head pretzels with peanut butter and Nutella! Why haven’t I thought of that snack, wow, I’ve been totally missing out! Love the tart! Looks beautiful!

Megan August 30, 2012 at 5:00 pm

When I studied abroad in Europe, I would eat pretzels and nuttela for dessert all the time – and now you throw peanut butter in there, these are genius! Thanks for sharing.

Cindy August 31, 2012 at 5:42 pm

So many wonderful flavors. this looks delicious.

VickiT August 31, 2012 at 11:31 pm

This looks awesome Aimee. Thank you. I came over here from Tasty Kitchen to see if you had this posted here too. I needed to double check an ingredient. Over there you have the Garnish listed as 1/2 CAN peanut butter. I figure it was cup but had to check to be sure.

Thank you for this. It really does look good.

Our Pinteresting Family September 1, 2012 at 12:46 am

I’ve never tried Nutella…but this recipe might be the reason to give it a go. It looks amazing. Found you at Tatertots & Jello. :) Megan

Mo September 2, 2012 at 7:54 pm

YUM! Just pinned it and will be making soon since I have all these ingredients in my pantry right now…

Ali @ JamHands.net September 3, 2012 at 12:27 am

Thank you so much for linking up last week at Recipe Sharing Monday. The new link party is now up and I’d love it if you joined us again. Have a great week!

The Better Baker September 3, 2012 at 1:48 am

I SO love sweet & salty…and chocolate? What’s not to love?

Katie Drane September 4, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Oh this is good. This is REALLY good. Thanks for sharing this one on Sundae Scoop!

Katie

Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar February 5, 2013 at 10:59 am

I LOVE peanut butter and nutella! This sounds awesome and I am totally digging the fact that it’s pretty much no-bake!
Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar recently posted..Peanut Butter, Nutella and Marshmallow Cookie CupsMy Profile

Megan July 18, 2013 at 1:05 am

Love all of your recipes!! I love to bake and want to tr each and everyone of them :-) attempting this one on Friday just a quik question what kind of butter salted/unsealed and what kind of pretzels did you use? Any tips?

aimee @ shugarysweets July 18, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I always use unsalted butter in my recipes, that way I can control the amount of salt added. As for the pretzels, I use whatever is in my pantry, usually mini twists! ENJOY!!

Micha February 8, 2014 at 8:55 am

Would you keep this refrigerated if you aren’t going to serve right away? Or room temperature? Looks AMAZING!

aimee @ shugarysweets February 8, 2014 at 9:34 am

I would keep it out, but either way works fine!

Jodie March 25, 2014 at 9:03 pm

I don’t have a tart pan. Can you use a pie pan and if so what size?

aimee @ shugarysweets March 26, 2014 at 8:28 am

I think a pie pan would be too small unfortunately.

Tiffany July 9, 2014 at 1:44 pm

This is a good recipe and a tasty dessert, but I feel it falls short a little of true decadence. I could hardly taste the nutella with all of the milk chocolate morsels. My guests liked it well enough, but didn’t even realize it was nutella. They thought it was just chocolate, pretzel and PB (which are 3 yummy ingredients on their own). If you are a nutella addict, I might increase that amount and perhaps even do a mix of semi and milk morsels.

As for the look of the dessert, I had my PB too warm as it pooled all over the pie instead of staying where I drizzled. There went my visions of grandeur with a fancy looking dessert!

Thanks for the recipe!

aimee @ shugarysweets July 9, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback Tiffany! I appreciate your honesty and your suggestions!

Tiffany Lewis July 9, 2014 at 6:15 pm

I can’t wait to play around with this more. It even might be fun to do a thin layer of the chocolate, then a straight up layer of PB then repeat for a fun striped look! Or even completely cover with PB and drizzle with warm nutella! (Perhaps I just have a nutella problem!) Thanks for doing the dirty work and testing the crust and fillings, Aimee!!