Vanilla Bean Cupcakes and a Baby Shower!
This past year I’ve ventured out into doing dessert catering.
Wait, hang in there…it gets less confusing, I promise.
I guess you can tell it was a baby shower for a girl. A sweet baby girl, to be named Kanella (a Greek family name).
That’s me up top there surrounded by all my treats I made for the shower.
All the gorgeous flowers came from one of the mother’s gardens. Just beautiful.
(see the burlap table runner I made for Christmas HERE)
The rich vanilla flavor is just over the top delicious. I use vanilla bean paste in this recipe. I LOVE VANILLA BEAN PASTE. Like a lot. I order mine HERE from Beanilla. I also get my vanilla beans from there as well! So worth it. The paste I buy two bottles at a time.
Thanks again Jennifer and Katie for sharing pictures from this special day. Congrats Krista on your baby girl!!!
Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
Yield: 24-30 cupcakes
For the Cupcake:
- 5 egg whites, room temperature
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For the Frosting:
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (3 sticks)
- 4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 2-3 Tbsp whole milk
- For the cake, whisk together the egg whites, vanilla paste and 1/4 cup of the milk in small bowl until slightly combined. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar for 2 minutes on medium. Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Slowly in a steady stream add in the egg white mixture. Beat in remaining milk.
- Fill cupcake liners half full with batter and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Remove and cool in pan 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat butter for 5 minutes in mixing bowl until it becomes pale in color. Add sugar, vanilla and milk and beat for an additional 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add more milk if necessary to get desired consistency.
- Fill pastry bag with frosting and pipe onto cooled cupcakes. I used Wilton Tip 32 and sprinkled the cupcakes immediately with white sparkling sugar. ENJOY!