Milky Way Double Fudge Brownies

by aimee @ shugarysweets on October 25, 2012

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I first saw a recipe for a chocolate mousse brownie from Sweet Treats and More. Her brownies look simply amazing and fluffy! Using my own brownie recipe as a base, and swapping out Milky Way for mint I gave this recipe a shot!

They were quite simply amazing. My truffle mousse layer doesn’t look different like hers did, but the taste was absolutely incredible! I can’t wait to try this again in a new way!

With Halloween right around the corner next week, you can bet I’ll be snagging all my kids candies to make another batch of these. They were that good. Seriously.

Snickers would be a great substitution!

Or Rolos.

Or Mounds.

Or Almond Joy.

See. The possibilities….

If you enjoy this Milky Way Brownie recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes….

Butterscotch KitKat Brownies- delicious fudge brownies with a layer of KitKat candy bars and topped with melted butterscotch morsels! from Shugary Sweets

Minty Chocolate Mousse Brownies- thick brownies topped with Andes minty mousse and chocolate! from Sweet Treats and More

Triple Threat Grasshopper Brownies- brownies topped with peppermint cream, chocolate ganache and grasshopper cookies! from The Domestic Rebel

OR

Check out my Pinterest Board: Cookies, Brownies and Bars

Milky Way Double Fudge Brownies

Milky Way Double Fudge Brownies- fudge brownies topped with chopped milky way candies and a layer of chocolate mousse!

For the Brownie Layer:
  • 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 11.5oz bag Milky Way Mini Candy bars, chopped
  • For the Mousse Layer:
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup milk chocolate
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • For the Topping:
  • 1 cup milk chocolate, melted

1. Prepare a 9inch spring form pan by spraying bottom only with Bakers Joy baking spray. Mix brownie ingredients together in medium sized bowl. Pour into bottom of pan. Top with chopped Milky Way candies. Set aside.
  2. In small saucepan, heat heavy cream on low heat until warm. Whisk in 1 cup milk chocolate until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
  3. In large bowl beat eggs with sugar until foamy. Add in cooled chocolate mixture and pour over candy bar layer.
  4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour. Remove from oven and spread remaining cup of chocolate over top of brownies. Cool completely (one hour or more) and then remove from pan (you may need to run a knife around the edges). We enjoyed these cold, refrigerate overnight!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Linked To: Chic and Crafty Friday Fun I’m Lovin It Friday Flair Potluck  Wrap Up  Overflowing  Sundae Scoop Totally Tasty Talent Show  Trick or Treat  Tip Me  Crazy Sweet  Lil Luna

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel October 25, 2012 at 7:16 pm

You’re my hero! These look fantastical. Can I have 6 for dinner?

Also, thanks for the feature, love! Brownies sound goooooooood.

aimee October 28, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Thank YOU for stopping by! And yes, 6 for dinner is totally acceptable.

Steph @ The Silly Pearl October 25, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I want to add all the candies you mentioned into one big brownie. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl October 25, 2012 at 10:19 pm

I totally want to face plant in this right now.

Cindy October 25, 2012 at 10:52 pm

My husband is going to love this! I am totally printing this recipe. I have got to get back to the gym this weekend to make room for sweet goodies. I feel like I need to loosen my belt just reading this.

Cindy October 25, 2012 at 10:54 pm

One other thing if you don’t mind me asking – did you design your site yourself? I am looking to refresh mine and yours is so crisp and clean looking! I like.

Karyn - Pint Sized Baker October 25, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Those look way too good to eat alone. I hope you had a girlfriend over to enjoy them with! Pinned :)

Anna @ Hidden Ponies October 25, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Ummm….wow. These look amazing, I love that mousse addition!!

Gerry @ Foodness Gracious October 26, 2012 at 1:48 am

WHAT a brownie, a gold Olympian brownie…love them and Milky Way’s

sally @ sallys baking addiction October 26, 2012 at 5:21 am

Aimee, these brownies are like a dream come true right now. I don’t get any trick or treaters living in an apartment, but I have HUGE BAGS of halloween candy bars. I have mounds bars (one of my FAVORITES) and I am loving the idea of throwing them into a brownie. Or even a snickers. Maybe drizzle caramel on top of the whole pan! My mind is racing. I LOVE THESE!

tanya October 26, 2012 at 8:05 am

Ok, I’m totally taking my kids candies to make these!! Love how dark and rich these look. Clearly I’ll need to stock up on milk! Great brownies!

aimee October 27, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I am not responsible for crying kids! Although, it’s a fair trade off if you give them one of these brownies!

The Better Baker October 26, 2012 at 9:35 am

WOW! These look fabulous! What a great creator you are! Thanks much for linking up at Weekend Potluck.

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction October 26, 2012 at 9:48 am

Oh, these look amazing! I love fudgy brownies!

Lori @ RecipeGirl October 26, 2012 at 11:37 am

Ohhhhh, love these decadent brownies!! They look even more irresistible since I’m in the midst of a “cleanse” discussion with my neighbor!!

Averie @ Averie Cooks October 26, 2012 at 11:43 am

Just realized that your posts arent coming up in my Reader since your migration. Re-subscribing but just LYK in case others may have the issue, too. Your new layout is gorgeous!! Who did it? Loving it!!

These brownies look to die-for, Aimee! All the flavors and Milky Ways are a fave!

aimee October 27, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Thanks Averie! Hopefully my feed is working now :)

Pretend Chef October 26, 2012 at 8:47 pm

These look so decadent. The flavors sound amazing.

Back For Seconds October 27, 2012 at 12:49 am

I am a brownie fiend and for some reason I have never layered themvwith mousse! I love this idea! Perfect for chocolate lovers like myself :)
Oh. And your new site is lovely! Are you liking Wordpress yet? ;)

aimee October 27, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Still learning Wordpress…still learning. I will like it eventually. I think.

Aya B. October 28, 2012 at 1:50 pm

They look 100% appetizing

Elvira October 29, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Love the way these look but I have a dumb question. For the mousse and topping
layer, when it says “milk chocolate” and “milk chocolate, melted”, does that mean bars, morsels….??

aimee October 29, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I used milk chocolate morsels becaause that’s what I have on hand! ENJOY!

Kristy Life-n-Reflection October 29, 2012 at 5:40 pm

OMGoodness, these would be so fun to whip for having the gals over!

Marie October 29, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Oh boy! Diet in trouble, these look awesome!
Marie recently posted..Last Minute Despicable Me Minion CostumeMy Profile

Megan October 30, 2012 at 12:48 am

These look divine!
I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!!

Meghan @ The Tasty Fork October 30, 2012 at 11:44 am

I’m not if I’ll get many trick-or-treaters this year but I bought a bunch of candy. Now I know what to do if I have left overs! Those brownies look soooo good! The more chocolate, the better! :)

Biafra October 31, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Get in my belly!

Peggy October 31, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Just stopping by to invite you to My Wednesday Linky party. http://diycraftyprojects.com/2012/10/whatcha-work-up-wednesday-linky-party-6.html
Peggy recently posted..Whatcha Work-Up Wednesday Linky Party #6My Profile

And November 6, 2012 at 9:43 pm

And by chopping the candy, you mean freezing it and hitting it with a hammer? Right?!

aimee @ shugarysweets November 6, 2012 at 10:13 pm

haha, that works too!

Smotzy November 16, 2012 at 10:33 am

These were fan-tas-tic!!!!!!!

aimee @ shugarysweets November 16, 2012 at 7:48 pm

So glad you enjoyed them!!!

Brittany March 10, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Uhhh…don’t know if it was just me but after an hour at 350 these were burnt to a crisp. Extremely disappointed.

aimee @ shugarysweets March 10, 2013 at 7:49 pm

I’m so sorry they didn’t turn out Brittany. I would suggest may checking your oven temperature. You can buy little oven thermometers for just several dollars. And double check that you used the right measurements too. I’ve made this numerous times, as have others with much success!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Maple Toffee CookiesMy Profile

Anonymous March 28, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Sounds awesome and tastey!!

Anonymous March 30, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Mine came out a hot mess. I baked them for an hour and the top was crispy and the inside was runny. I let it go another 10 min but nothing changed. So when i put the chips on the top, the crusty top caved in and the runny inside came out. So there are melted chips on the inside and crusty pieces all over the top. And there is a huge hoel in the middle of the brownies. The color is nothing like the pic either. Should have used semi sweet chips would have been dark. Any idea why the mousse part is a mess? I was so excited for these for Easter too :( Thanks for any advice.

Holly March 30, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I posted the above comment about the runny middle:)

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons April 2, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Wow! These look amazing just like everything you make!:)
Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons recently posted..Eggo Monkey Banana Split #EggoWaffleOffMy Profile

Allison June 3, 2013 at 9:11 pm

What temp and how much time if I made these in a 13×9 pan? Should I double recipe to fit that size pan?