Gingerbread Rice Krispie Treats

You knew this was coming, right? I mean you all expected this! Gingerbread Krispie Treats. Made with the new, seasonal JELL-O Gingerbread pudding mix.

For a fun twist, I threw in some white chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.

Oh, and then I topped it with some melted white chocolate and crushed Gingersnap cookies.

This might be one of my favorite varieties yet. No kidding!!

Needless to say, when it comes to Rice Krispie Treats I seriously have zero willpower.

I have been known to eat an entire batch before anyone is home from school and work. Just cutting small slices throughout the day (okay. Large slices).

But these? I ate ONLY 5 and packaged the rest of them up for my husband to take to work. 5 giant Krispie Treats. Now that’s willpower, hehe!!

Like these Gingerbread Rice Krispie Treats? You may also enjoy these recipes…

Banana Rice Krispie Treats– chewy treats made with JELL-O banana pudding mix. They may even be breakfast worthy! by Shugary Sweets

Brownie Batter Rice Krispie Treats– treats made with a genius addition of dry brownie batter. You can even throw in some chunks of brownie for fun! by Cookies and Cups

Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate Krispie Treats– gorgeous caramel krispie treats topped with a rich, dark chocolate! by In Sock Monkey Slippers

Visit my Pinterest Board : Rice Krispie Treat Addiction

Gingerbread Rice Krispie Treats

Chewy, delicious Gingerbread Krispie treats with white chocolate and gingersnap cookies!

• 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 10.5oz bag mini marshmallows
  • 3.4 oz box JELL-O Gingerbread instant pudding mix
  • 5 cup Rice Krsipies cereal
  • 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
  • 2 cup white chocolate morsels, divided
  • 10 gingersnap cookies, crushed

1. Prepare a 9inch square pan by lining it with foil and rubbing butter over the foil. Set aside.
  2. In large saucepan, melt butter. Add bag of mini marshmallows and stir constantly on low heat, until melted. Fold in pudding mix until combined, remove from heat. Add in cereal. Fold in 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows and 1 cup white chocolate morsels.
  3. Press into prepared pan. Melt remaining one cup of chocolate morsels. Spread over krispie treats and sprinkle immediately with crushed cookies. Allow to set (about 2 hours). Cut into squares and store in an air tight container. ENJOY!

Linked To: Show and Share  36thAvenue Chic and Crafty  I’m Lovin It  Potluck  Sundae Scoop

52 Responses to “Gingerbread Rice Krispie Treats”

1. posted Nov 7, 2012 at 8:15 am

I have no will power when it comes to rice krispie treats too! All the little slices throughout the day…oops, there goes the pan:-) LOL I knew these were coming and I still forgot about it. They look great. I love the extras on top!!!

2. posted Nov 7, 2012 at 9:43 am

WOW! I wish I was home so I could make these right now. :)

3. posted Nov 7, 2012 at 10:38 am

Oh my I have been eying that pumpkin instant pudding and now I really need to get some.

4. posted Nov 7, 2012 at 10:40 am

Capital-L-OOOOOOVE these, Aimee! Gingerbread is one of my fave holiday flavors :) these treats look so yummy in my tummy!

5. posted Nov 7, 2012 at 10:48 am

Ooooh- these look amazing! Good call :)

6. Liz
    posted Nov 7, 2012 at 11:14 am

Hahaha, you sound like me! Every time I walk by a pan of Rice Krispie treats I cut a slice off telling myself that it’s only a little piece. Well, those little pieces add up, eh? These sounds delicious. Wanna share? :)

7. posted Nov 7, 2012 at 1:48 pm

When it comes to Rice Krispie Treats I seriously have zero willpower too! Girl – I LOVE THEM! No matter how old I am, Im always like a kid around them :) And gingerbread – soooo good! Great job on these!

8. posted Nov 7, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Ever since I made pumpkin pie rice krispie treats, I have been wanting to bake more RKT that taste like other desserts!! Like cookies n cream RKT or Pecan Pie RKT! Now… GINGERBREAD RKT… I can totally get on board with! I love how versatile RKTs are Aimee! These look wonderful – I love the crushed gingersnaps on top. :) :)

9. Meg
    posted Nov 7, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Mmmm! I am a BIG sucker for gingerbread!
    These look AMAZING!!
    I’ve been trying to come up with a fantastic dessert idea to take to a pot luck we do often with friends. Something not messy but also would make the kids and adults want a bite.
    These are the ticket! Thank you so much for sharing!
    I think I might need to make the banana Krispies too! Good Golly!
    Banana might not get shared either…
    Guess it’s time to make a double batch. 😉

10. posted Nov 7, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Rice Krispie Treats don’t stand a chance against me. These look pretty darned delicious! I can’t wait to try these:)

11. posted Nov 7, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Love this twist on Rice Krispie treats!

12. posted Nov 7, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Good lawd! These look amazing. I love how creative you are. I guess I need to add another recipe onto my “must make” list. Thanks Aimee!!

13. posted Nov 7, 2012 at 11:06 pm

I love gingerbread and I don’t think I add it to enough things. I will have to get looking for that pudding!

14. posted Nov 8, 2012 at 2:45 am

If you had to have a weakness, there are much worse things than rice krispie treats! I love the look of those mini marshamallows in the mix!

15. posted Nov 8, 2012 at 9:19 am

Oh my kids are going to be all over this one!

16. posted Nov 8, 2012 at 10:24 am

Seriously. Need these!!

17. posted Nov 8, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Rice krispie treats are my weakness, no doubt. You are a better person then me though. I would have eaten the whole pan and then blamed it on the dog.

18. posted Nov 8, 2012 at 4:07 pm

your krispy treats all look amazing – but these may be my favorite – I love the fall flavors

19. posted Nov 8, 2012 at 5:02 pm

They make gingerbread flavored pudding? Oh. I’m all over that. I love that you don’t have willpower. Makes me feel better about what I’m about to go eat… :)

20. posted Nov 8, 2012 at 5:43 pm

These look amazing! Love them!!

21. posted Nov 8, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Yum!! I need to make something with Gingerbread flavor for a group I am a part of, I am totally try these!

22. posted Nov 14, 2012 at 12:22 am

Mmmm! They sound so yummy! Thanks for sharing at Show & Share, featuring this tomorrow!

23. posted Nov 14, 2012 at 5:32 pm

These look yum!! :)

24. Susan
    posted Nov 18, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Your gingerbread Rice Krispies look amazing!!! Icannot find the jello gingerbread pudding-will you share the store you bought it at?? I am craving them and cannot make them:(

25. Ruth Ann Brase
    posted Nov 26, 2012 at 2:08 am

Guess I am the only one who tried this wonderful recipe. Whempn I put the instant pudding mix in the mixture and the rice Krispies become a huge glob and was hard to put onto a pan and the was almost difficult to ut. What did I do wrong…I made it twice. Tasted good just to difficult and to thick to manage. Sorry.

• posted Nov 26, 2012 at 8:22 am

Hi Ruth,
      I’m not sure what might have happened?! I make krispie treats with pudding all the time! Did you mix in the pudding mix real good before adding the cereal? I’m at a loss here…as I’m not sure what could have been different! Sorry!!

• Barbara Busacca
      posted Dec 30, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I had the same problem. I think maybe the heat needs to be raised a smidge to keep the mix pliable or kept over the low heat while mixing. Other than that, they turned out fine. My husband said they were too sweet, I liked the flavor, but would use less white morsels, or not use them in the mix, just on top. I was really surprised that my husband said they were too sweet as he has a sweet tooth the size of a skyscraper! The gingerbread pudding imparted a nice flavor.

• posted Dec 31, 2012 at 8:22 am

Thanks for the feedback Barbara! They are definitely sweet!!!

• Barbara Busacca
          posted Dec 31, 2012 at 11:36 am

Aimee -A thought occurred to me that the difference could possibly be the stove – gas vs electric – direct flame vs heated element? I find that using my electric stove on low is “too low” sometimes and bump it up a notch when melting, etc. What type of stove do you use?

26. Michele
    posted Nov 29, 2012 at 2:38 pm

SO SAD! Can’t find Gingerbread Pudding anywhere in the Milwaukee area! I went to Jell-o website and they listed a couple of outlets here and they don’t have it and never did! BUMMED big time! suggestions? anybody have some they can ship me?? :)

27. Elizabeth
    posted Nov 29, 2012 at 3:02 pm

ditto here Michele :( very hard to find the fancy pudding here, now that i am addicted! I see you can get a four pack on amazon for $13.44, ouch!

• Michele
      posted Nov 30, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Hi Elizabeth, I see on ebay there is a case (24!) for sale. cost ends up being about $1.50/box. we should get a few people together and buy and split it!

28. Elizabeth
    posted Dec 1, 2012 at 10:26 am

that is crazy! I need to go into business on ebay!!!! I have searched and searched here, I am going to add peppermint essential oil for the peppermint treats with vanilla pudding and see how that turns out,,,,

29. Marilu
    posted Dec 13, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I can’t seem to find the gingerbread jello mix. Is there anything else I can use to substitute it with?

• posted Dec 13, 2012 at 5:24 pm

It’s such a unique flavor, it would be hard to substitute. But you can use the same concept with any flavor of JELL-O pudding mix. Or add in some chopped up Gingerbread Oreo cookies to help give it some gingerbread flavor! I think next year I need to have a big giveaway with all the seasonal flavors of Oreos and pudding mix!!!

• Barbara Busacca
      posted Dec 30, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I think I might try the butterscotch as a substitute-maybe half a box ?

30. Marilu
    posted Dec 14, 2012 at 9:40 am

I actually looked online and they carry it at KMart. I almost didn’t find it. until I asked someone. I gave them a big hug, when she showed me the display. They were on sale for 69 cents, so I bought several boxes! Thank you! I’m making these, this weekend.

31. Hillary
    posted Dec 17, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Yikes! I’m making these this evening and couldn’t find that crazy pudding anywhere! :o( Think I can pull it off with vanilla pudding and extra ginger?

• posted Dec 17, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Hmmm, definitely the vanilla pudding…not too sure about just ginger. Maybe add some cinnamon and cloves too (with ginger). And molasses….

32. posted Dec 19, 2012 at 12:32 am

for those who cant find the pudding mix, i bought a packet of dunan hines frosting creations flavor mix (its a small .10 oz packet you mix in vanilla frosting to give it a kick) i used it in place of the jello and mine came out great! it gives it a really dark colouring though, because its ginger! but it tastes delicious. I looked at 6 different places for the pudding mix and while i couldn’t find that anywhere i found the frosting mix at 4 of the 6 places next to the cake frosting.

33. Erlene
    posted Dec 14, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Hi I’d love to make these and was planning to make them today for an Xmas dinner! But I cannot find the jello gingerbread pudding mix! Where can I buy it?

• Michele
      posted Dec 16, 2013 at 8:54 am

Hi Erlene,

I gave up last year trying to find the pudding in stores. BUT, there are people selling it on ebay! You can find it there for sure. Good luck!

34. Pingback: Gingerbread Rice Krispies |

35. Pingback: Gingerbread Cupcakes - Sweet Bella Roos

36. brenda
    posted Oct 21, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I would love to make any of these delious looking ricekrispie squares for xmas,, but can anyone tell me if these can be frozen, or will they be soggy after,, even the ones made with the pumpkin pudding??? Please let me know,, would like to add to my list of xmas baking.

• posted Oct 21, 2014 at 8:21 pm

I don’t think rice krispie treats would be good once frozen. They would definitely lose their delicious chewy texture!