Almond Fudge Bites

THANK YOU to everyone who voted for me! I made it to the FINAL round. Can you take a quick second and vote again? THANK YOU!

Head over HERE: Sweetest 16

Soft, chocolate almond fudge dipped in white chocolate. Need I say more?

I was recently asked by Solo Foods to be a part of a recipe competition. They sent a few cans of pastry filling and a can of almond paste and asked me to create a recipe using at least one of these items.

Of course, my mind always goes to fudge. I know, so predictable.

I realized that I don’t have very many chocolate varieties on my website here, so many other flavors have made appearances, but not chocolate. I had been wanting to do chocolate almond, so why not try incorporating the almond paste?

Can I just say, this was a great move. It gave the fudge a deep almond flavor (more than just extract could do) while enhancing the creamy texture. Two thumbs up! AND, this recipe makes 81 bites of fudge. You can make it now and freeze it for the holidays! Or give as gifts in cute little jars with tags!

If you think you’d like this recipe, would you mind heading over HERE to vote for it? I don’t like to solicit votes often, but I’d sure appreciate this one! It’s a march madness style of voting, with eliminations and new match ups…with the winner receiving a prize of $500. How perfect right before the holidays!

Thanks in advance, you all are simply the best!

Almond Fudge Bites

Serving Size: 81 bites

Delicious, soft almond fudge dipped in white chocolate!

• 2 cup milk chocolate morsels
  • 1 jar (7oz) marshmallow creme
  • ½ cup Solo Pure Almond Paste
  • ¾ cup unsalted butter
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • ¾ cup heavy cream
  • pinch of salt
  • ½ tsp almond extract
  • 24 oz vanilla candy coating (almond bark)
  • ¼ cup red candy melts
  • ¼ cup green candy melts

1. Prepare a 9x9 baking dish by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
  2. In a mixing bowl, add milk chocolate morsels, marshmallow creme and Pure Almond Paste. Don’t mix yet, just set aside.
  3. In a large saucepan, melt butter with sugar, cream and pinch of salt over medium high heat. Bring to a boil. Set timer for 5 minutes and allow mixture to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add almond extract.
  4. Pour boiling mixture over chocolate morsels in mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and creamy, may take a couple minutes.
  5. Pour into a prepared baking dish. Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours until set.
  6. Cut fudge bites into 1 inch cubes (you should get about 81 cubes). Melt vanilla candy coating according to package directions. Using a toothpick, dip each fudge bite into melted vanilla coating. Place on parchment paper to set and repeat with remaining bites. Melt red and green candy melts according to package directions (in separate bowls). Place melted chocolate in a ziploc sandwich bag and snip off the corner. Drizzle onto each fudge bite. Allow to set, about 15 minutes. I store my candy in an airtight container in the refrigerator. ENJOY!

Here are some more of my favorite Almond Recipes….

Almond Toffee – English toffee with almond and walnuts. Perfect candy recipe!

Almond Wedding Cake Cupcakes with Raspberry Filling– One of my more popular cupcake recipes- from scratch!

Swedish Almond Cake– a moist, yet dense almond cake; not too sweet and perfect with a friend and some coffee!

Almond Streusel Bars– with Orange and Raspberry- lovely almond bars with a fruity filling and cream cheese streusel

**Shugary Sweets was provide free product, no other compensation was given to create this recipe. All opinions are my own!

Linked To: Trick or Treat  Talent Show  Lil Luna  Chic and Crafty  Friday Flair  I’m Lovin it

33 Responses to “Almond Fudge Bites”

1. Liz
    posted Dec 10, 2012 at 11:42 am

I’ve already voted! I saw your submission when I voted for Dorothy’s (Crazy for Crust). These look yummy….a great gift to give during the holidays! Have a great week!

2. posted Dec 10, 2012 at 11:53 am

Oh my gosh, I think I need these!

3. posted Dec 10, 2012 at 11:55 am

Bring on my fat pants. Yes please.

• posted Dec 10, 2012 at 12:22 pm

What? You’re not it them already? It’s December…they go on Thanksgiving morning!!

4. posted Dec 10, 2012 at 11:59 am

You’re at it again with the little bites and truffles – and almond paste, oh boy, this could be dangerous. Gorgeous, Aimee!

• posted Dec 10, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Averie, I thought of you today when I posted this, and your last comment about all my fudge and truffles and candy!! You’re too sweet!!!

5. Michelle
    posted Dec 10, 2012 at 12:38 pm

That almond fudge looks so good I had to vote for you! Good luck!!

6. posted Dec 10, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I voted for you and how can I not? When these look so fudgy and delicious!

7. posted Dec 10, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I love that your mind automatically goes to fudge every time! This looks gorgeous! I’m afraid I would eat way more than I should if I made these:-)

8. posted Dec 10, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Voted! :)

That looks delicious!

9. posted Dec 10, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Oh Aimee these treats look YUMMY! i want to grab one off the screen LOL! Thanks for sharing! I would love it if you link these or any of your yummy treats to my link party for desserts! http://pamelasheavenlytreats.blogspot.com/2012/12/heavenly-treats-sunday-link-party-29.html

10. Pam in Cincinnati
    posted Dec 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm

voted. :) and i have to tell you, i was checking a recipe on your blog this weekend while i was visiting my mom and my brother the chef started staring over my shoulder and after a minute or two he said “um, you need to bookmark that site for me.” i think it was the chocolate peppermint cheesecake cake that did it.

• posted Dec 10, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Awww I love it Pam! Thanks for spreading the Shugary Sweets love!!

11. posted Dec 10, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I voted! I voted! And I love these bites, Aimee! So tender, and I am a huge fan of putting almond extract in my chocolate buttercream, so I know I’d love these little fudge bites. Yum!

12. posted Dec 10, 2012 at 8:10 pm

these definitely would be the perfect jarred gift for anyone! my coworkers would love me :)

13. posted Dec 10, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Seriously, I must make this. And I voted for you…and will continue to vote until we are up against each other in the end. 😉

14. posted Dec 11, 2012 at 1:55 pm

They look delish! Would love if you’d join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)

15. Ruth
    posted Dec 11, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Yuuuummmm!! I made these and I love the flavor…but mine separated…oil floating all over the top. Any hints for me??

• posted Dec 11, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I’m not exactly sure what separated when you made this? I’m thinking maybe you meant you made the Almond Toffee?? If that’s true, try making sure you use a wooden spoon (if you didn’t already) and keep stirring at a constant rate! Hope this helps!

• Kristen
        posted Dec 14, 2014 at 3:11 pm

I had the same oil problem (creamy almond fudge bites, not the toffee). I wonder if the butter proportion is off? The recipe calls for 3/4 cup butter, which is 1.5 sticks. Perhaps it should be 3/4 of one stick (aka 6 Tbsp)? Mine was so bad that I had to pour off liquid before I could put it in the pan and then it was still extremely oily. It’s chilling now, but I suspect it may not be salvageable. :-(

16. Jeannette
    posted Dec 12, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Those look and sound great! I like the fact it takes almond paste; I have some I want to use. I cannot find marshmallow crime, only marshmallow fluff. Any suggestions on what to do?
    Thanks for the delicious recipe.

• posted Dec 12, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Hi Jeannette,
      Marshmallow creme and Marshmallow fluff are the same thing :) One is a brand name, one is generic. Now…go for it and enjoy!!!

17. Jeannette
    posted Dec 12, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Thank you for the fast reply! It’s after 10 pm here, so I can make these in the morning!

18. posted Dec 13, 2012 at 7:35 pm

These look absolutely amazing! I never thought I’d say it but, I’m actually sick of chocolate. This is a great alternative to regular fudge.

19. Dawn D
    posted Dec 20, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I just went over and voted for you. I hope you win it! Everything and I mean everything you make looks so delicious. You have given me a lot of inspiration to make different things this Christmas rather than the same old stuff. Thanks for all the goodies to make. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

• posted Dec 20, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Thank you!!! I appreciate the kind words (and the vote). Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!

20. melanie coffey
    posted Dec 4, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Where can you find that kind of almond paste.2 years ago I looked for it all season.I finaly saw some in Jan.Then I could not find the recipe. I just looked at it and its called odense almond paste.7oz.
    No pure in the word. Plus it expired 6/11/2014. Thats my life…. Thanks

• posted Dec 5, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Oh no! I buy Solo brand, and it’s in the baking aisle near the canned pie filling. I hope you find some!!!

• melanie coffey
        posted Dec 5, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Thanks I do to.I CANNOT wait to make these.

21. posted Dec 11, 2014 at 12:23 pm

These fudge bites look really tasty, and gluten free too which is a bonus!