Cheeseball for New Years

by aimee @ shugarysweets on December 26, 2012

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. I am so blessed to have my family. One of my darling young children broke my camera lens months ago (I will not name names…), and since then I have had to hold the lens on to take pictures. ┬áNot fun.

But, my awesome husband bought me a new lens for Christmas! I’m excited to try it out in the New Year, so stay tuned for some photos using my new lens.

Until then, how about a cheeseball? My mother in law gave me this recipe many years ago. It’s one of our favorites, and it is so easy! We gobbled this up on Christmas Eve and will eat another one for New Year’s!

Speaking of New Years…I have an amazing giveaway coming up soon, so be sure to come back.

Cheeseball

• 2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
  • 2 Tbsp Italian dressing
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1 pkg (6oz) Beef Buddig lunchmeat, chopped

1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Place on saran wrap, shape into a ball. Refrigerate until ready to use! Serve with crackers. ENJOY.

Linked To: Chic and Crafty

Terri December 26, 2012 at 9:16 pm

This sounds wonderful and your new lens works great!

aimee @ shugarysweets December 27, 2012 at 8:28 am

Thank you Terry! Happy New Year!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Cheeseball for New YearsMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life December 27, 2012 at 3:30 pm

My hubby makes something very similar except he doesn’t wrap it and make it all look all pretty like yours:-) Love the fun onion string around it! I can’t wait to hear what you think of your new lens!!!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Mint Brownie Swirl FudgeMy Profile

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust December 29, 2012 at 10:33 am

Okay, so this is totally going in my repertoire. My family will LOVE this!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Clock Pie Pops for New Year’s EveMy Profile

vicki 0052 December 29, 2012 at 11:07 am

Great blog. Want to very much follow.

aimee @ shugarysweets December 31, 2012 at 8:27 am

Thank you! Glad to have you following :)

Sue Wagner December 29, 2012 at 11:29 am

This sounds tasty, but I have to ask…What in the world is Beef Buddig? Never heard of it! Is it like dried chipped beef that you can get in a little jar? Can anything be substituted for it?

aimee @ shugarysweets December 31, 2012 at 8:27 am

Hi Sue,
Beef Buddig is dried chipped beef, yes. I buy it in a package from the lunchmeat section, I didn’t know it came in jars too!

Brenda Peterson October 6, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Buddig is a brand name for thin sliced luncheon meat. Beef is one of their many choices. It is found in the refrigerated luncheon meat section. If is not the same as dried chipped beef that is in a little jar in the canned meat section. They are two different things.

Anonymous December 15, 2013 at 8:01 am

What did u use to wrap with to make it look like a package?

Michelle Baxter December 29, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Mmmmm….edible chive string. Making this for NYE! Yum!

aimee @ shugarysweets December 31, 2012 at 8:26 am

Thanks Michelle. Happy New Year!!

Kathleen March 2, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Hi, I make the same cheeseball but instead of the Italian dressing I add a little Worchestire sauce. It is very good and I receive a lot of compliments on it.

aimee @ shugarysweets March 3, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Love the idea of Worchestershire Sauce! YUM.

Karen Short April 2, 2013 at 8:06 pm

I make something similar except I roll the cream cheese up inside the beef, and the cream cheese filling has horseradish to taste added. Careful with the horseradish! Doesn’t need crackers, but maybe I’ll try cutting up the meat and mixing it like your recipe. Will have to try your recipe too. Thanks!

Corrie October 6, 2013 at 1:04 pm

This has similar ingredients to one I’ve always made and is always gone to the very last. I too use horseradish and I like to roll mine in dill weed. Hormel makes dried beef in jars
and I find it at Wal-Mart. Thanks for a new recipe! The seasonings I use are as follows…
horseradish (1T)
garlic salt (1/2t)
Dried onions (1T)
Roll in dill weed

Terri October 6, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Is the salad dressing dry Good Seasons?

aimee @ shugarysweets October 6, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Nope. I used bottled, prepared dressing
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Halloween Fudge RingMy Profile

Janice Miller November 23, 2013 at 8:05 pm

I make one similar, but I use 1 1/2 packages of beef, and 1 TB Worcestershire Sauce and no Italian dressing. I also cover the outside with another 1 1/2 packages of the beef. My youngest son does not even like cream cheese and he loves this.

Diana Teague December 30, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Janice I make mine the exact same way. I am 43 years old and this recipe has been in my family since I was a little girl… Great on triscuits!!

Kerri June 25, 2014 at 3:16 pm

My mom made it that exact way when I was a kid, and it’s always been one of my favorite things to eat. So good!

Carolyn Talley December 22, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I made this today for my Christmas Gathering..I put a pinch of dill seeds-crushed, 3 cloves of Garlic, 2 jalapeno, i love spicy food… 2 more green onion, so a total of 4, i used Summer Sausage and not the beef, and a dash of Worchestershire Sauce…The Worchestershire make all the different..Love this recipe, planning on making it again..Ooo.. also by the way i used 1 reg cream cheese and 1 jalapeno cream cheese:)

Mindysue April 19, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I’ve made something similar to this for holidays and love it – the only big difference is that it had chopped black olives in it.

aimee @ shugarysweets April 20, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Oooh I love black olives, that sounds like an awesome addition!