Peppermint Mocha Cookie Crisps

This is my first year participating in the Food Blogger Cookie Swap! I’m so glad I signed up. It was quite exciting to get 3 separate packages of cookies in the mail, all coming on different days! And, to be honest, with all three batches that arrived to my house, I ate all of the cookies. Without sharing them with the family.

I know. I’m rotten. And selfish.

And they came in the middle of the day when I was home alone. And weak. And hungry. Sorry family!

But I made it up to them by making these delicious Peppermint Mocha Cookie Crisps. Or I thought I was going to make it up to them.

Because as it turned out, this recipe made just over 3 dozen. And I just happened to eat the ones that didn’t make the cut in delivery. And I KNOW if (when) my husband reads this post he is going to say…”when did you make those cookies? I never saw them. And WHEN did you receive 3 dozen cookies in the mail.”

Peppermint Mocha Cookie Crisps- crunch cookie base topped with White chocolate and Andes peppermint #peppermint #fbcookieswap @shugarysweets

I’m an awful person with a severe sweet tooth. I fight my children just to get the last rice krispie treat. And now, I have to confess to eating all the cookies from the cookie swap, by myself.

Okay. Enough feeling sorry for my husband and kids. Have you read this blog? Have you seen all the treats I make? They get more than enough…. Plus. I can’t take the guilt.

What are some of YOUR favorite Cookie Swap recipes??

Here are some of mine….

No Bake Double Espresso Cookies  AND  Chocolate Mocha and Nutella Cookies

Dark Chocolate Mint Crinkles  AND  Peppermint Puffs

Jingles Cookies  AND  Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread

**Visit my cookie swap friends from above….

World Peace Chocolate Cookies from Bake, Run, Live

Cranberry Orange Cookies from Casa del Kuchen

Chocolate Covered Orange Cookies from Life’s a Batch

Peppermint Mocha Cookie Crisps

Yield: 3 dozen

Crispy cookie bark topped with melted white chocolate and peppermint bits!

• 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup quick cook oats
  • 3/4 cup crispy rice cereal
  • 1/4 cup Jif Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Spread
  • 1 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels, melted
  • 1 bag (10oz) Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips

1. In a mixing bowl, add butter and brown sugar until combined. Stir in flour, salt and baking soda. Mix in hazelnut spread. Slow fold in oats and cereal. Press dough into a large, parchment paper lined cookie sheet (mine was 15x10). Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, until browned. Allow to cool in pan completely.
  2. To finish, spread melted white chocolate over top of cookie bark. Immediately sprinkle with Andes. Allow to set, about 15 minutes and cut into triangular pieces. Serve and Enjoy!

24 Responses to “Peppermint Mocha Cookie Crisps”

1. posted Dec 12, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Ok that is way too funny that we both made peppermint mocha cookies for our swaps:-) Twinsies!!!! I ate way too many cookies last week…must go back to the gym soon! Love these fun cookies with the white chocolate and Andes on top!!!

2. shugardaddy68
    posted Dec 12, 2012 at 7:15 pm

You seriously ate all those cookies without me knowing??? Grrrr….I think you forgot who gave you the Shugar for Shugary Sweets :-) Love you!

(And for the rest of you reading this, I’m not the food-jealous husband she makes me out to be…except for chocolate chip cookies…and brownies…and fudge!!! Oooh!! How I love it when she makes fudge!!!!!)

3. posted Dec 12, 2012 at 7:28 pm

wow these look so pretty! i wish i had gotten a batch from you! they sound delicious :)

4. posted Dec 12, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Hahaha, you crack me up! I would have done the same thing, except my husband gets home pretty quickly after me so I couldn’t eat all the cookies fast enough!

These cookies look yummy! I really need to try Jif’s new spreads. This will be a perfect recipe for me to try out the cappuccino hazelnut spread!

5. posted Dec 12, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Love your blog, and these look so cute and delicious! I had never heard of the hazelnut spread. I will have to give these a try. Thanks for sharing!

6. posted Dec 12, 2012 at 8:54 pm

You’re not alone. I ate all 3 dozen myself too. *Sigh* (BUT GOOD!) Love these, they are so pretty!

7. Liz
    posted Dec 12, 2012 at 10:12 pm

How do you eat all those cookies and not gain a pound? I just look at my treats and my pants feel tighter! Oh well, that’s what the holidays are about, right?! :)

• posted Dec 13, 2012 at 7:43 am

Not gain a pound? Umm, you talking to me? You’re so sweet and so wrong…hahaha!!!

8. posted Dec 12, 2012 at 11:56 pm

You should never feel guilty about cookies. Sometimes we just need to keep them to ourselves. These bars sound amazing! If you make another batch and want to torture the family some more you can send some to me!

• posted Dec 13, 2012 at 7:41 am

Haha Joan, I will keep you in mind WHEN I make them again. Family read my blog yesterday and are requesting them to be made this weekend :)

9. posted Dec 13, 2012 at 8:44 am

I literally just read Jocelyn’s post and then saw yours and got really confused. Too funny you two both made peppermint mocha cookies for the swap! They both look absolutely delicious. Need to try this Jif Mocha spread asap!

10. posted Dec 13, 2012 at 11:06 am

So pretty! I wish I would have gotten these :)

11. posted Dec 13, 2012 at 12:23 pm

SUPER YUM!! I am obsessing over these!

12. posted Dec 14, 2012 at 1:57 am

These look delicious. A peppermint mocha inspired cookie is genius!

13. posted Dec 14, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Just came across your blog for the first time, I will be back for more! I can’t wait to participate in next year’s cookie exchange!

14. posted Dec 15, 2012 at 9:24 am

These look amazing. I was also adoring all your other peppermint delights. I love it if you would share these on Super Sweet Saturday. Have a great weekend!

15. Traci
    posted Dec 18, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I can not find the Andes Baking chips, would crushed peppermint candy work the same? Or would it change the taste too much? Thanks for the recipe. Making it for a cookie swap tomorrow :-)

• posted Dec 18, 2012 at 5:58 pm

The Andes baking chips are soft (with a white chocolate flavor). Can you find the Andes peppermint candy (the mini bars, not the chips?) Otherwise, I would even use Hershey Candy Cane kisses, chopped. Hope this helps. As a last resort, go for the crushed peppermint…will add even more crunch to the cookie!!!

16. posted Dec 22, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Very pretty and quite elegant looking cookies
    I’d love to try your recipe so thanks for sharing :)

17. posted Aug 13, 2013 at 3:39 am

Pinned! These look perfect for the holiday season. I love candy’s cane’s for Christmas time.

18. Lois
    posted Dec 5, 2013 at 1:27 am

I wish we were still neighbors!!!

19. Cathy
    posted Dec 10, 2013 at 2:08 am

Thanks for posting this recipe. I have been looking at recipes online and in books and have found very few I want to try. I do HAVE to try these, they look so indulgent :)
    I smile at that word indulgent.
    I have to admit that I am usually the last one who eats the last 5-6 cookies. It’s about the same time, in the afternoon, too close to fix something to eat because dinner is right around the corner. And yes, I always get blamed. After all I AM the only one here when my husband is at work, LOL

20. Pingback: 25 Delicious Christmas Sweets! — My Wooden Spoon™