So much to be Thankful for

by aimee @ shugarysweets on December 21, 2012

As I dive right into this post, I’m reminded how thankful I am.

I have a beautiful, loving family. They are so supportive and a joy to be with! As we all have reflected on last week’s tragedy, it’s reminded us how precious life is, and how we need to be grateful for each day!

This month I have had the opportunity to host some fantastic giveaways. I’m thankful for all of you who participated, and equally thankful to all the sponsors who provided Shugary Sweets with the fabulous prizes!

Candiquik- provided a nice  package of assorted almond bark and chocolate goodies! Congrats to Skylar  for winning!

Pick Your Plum- provided a $50 box of assorted items! Congrats to Jilliane for winning!

Jo Totes- provided winner a choice of their favorite camera bag! Congrats to Meg for winning!

Nambe- provided a gorgeous Infinity 2pc Serving set to the winner. Congrats to Wendy for winning!

Sweets & Treats Boutique- provided the winner an assortment of cupcake liners, straws, party bags, etc! Congrats to Krista for winning!

Heirloom Cookie Sheets- provided TWO cookies sheets to the winner. Congrats to Amy for winning!

Green & Black’s Chocolate- provided chocolate bars, tote and cookbook to the winner! Congrats to Stephanie for winning!

Blogging has become my full time job, and I can’t do it without all of you. If you didn’t come and read my posts each day, comment and share YOUR stories and recipes, then I would be sitting at my computer just talking to myself. So thank YOU for visiting. I feel like I’ve gotten to know so many of you through commenting, instagram, facebook, tweeting! I have a world of friends and support that I’ve never met!

As some of you are aware, I sadly did not win the overall Captain Morgan Spice up the Holiday Competition. HOWEVER, great news! Captain Morgan and the team of judges were impressed with ALL the bloggers’ entries that they decided to give $250 to each blogger’s charity of choice!

Dad: I love you! And my first choice of charity was to have the money given to Donate Life. This organization raises awareness on donating organs so that others may live! I chose this charity as my way of helping you and other families who are in need! There is hope! Thank you Captain Morgan! Or should I say “Cheers?”

Nichole Spencer December 21, 2012 at 9:39 am

Just voted!!! You’re tied at 50% but you have more votes! (You have 895, the other person has 881)

Kelly Brown December 21, 2012 at 10:42 am

I just love it! Love reading your blog! You are my new inspiration! I love baking and my husband encouraged me to blog about it last year, so I did! I am not very good at blogging yet (my main problem is the pictures….no matter how hard I try my food pictures look awful!). I am taking notes from your blog :) Oh and I definitely voted for you, each round! Good luck! I also retweeted and tried to share the voting on FB (FB didn’t cooperate). Anyway, thanks for all you do!

liz December 21, 2012 at 11:11 am

I voted again and I just tipped the scale in favor of you by one vote…holy smokes it’s close!
Good Luck! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas! Looking forward to getting to know you better in the new year! :)
liz recently posted..Chewy Popcorn Bars #bloggersforsandyhookMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life December 22, 2012 at 12:00 pm

You are truly blessed! I am so thankful for you and your friendship! It has been a fun year getting to know you and your family better:-)
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Peppermint Kiss Popcorn MunchMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 22, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Your family is so wonderful! I am blessed to have YOU in MY life!

Monica December 30, 2012 at 9:54 am

I am thankful we can have my mother in law live with us as we help her loss of my father in law on Christmas morning this year. He was a great man and she is an angel. I love her as if she was mine! My own mother passed 9 yrs ago on dec 28. I guess my friend upstairs thinks I can have all these losses at such a special time. Thank u all for such great recipes ! They help! My we work on peace throughout the year.

aimee @ shugarysweets December 31, 2012 at 8:24 am

Prayers and peace for your family as well!