Butterscotch White Chocolate Wonderful Krispie Treats

by aimee @ shugarysweets on January 13, 2013

Butterscotch Peanut Butter Krispie Treats: EASY, no bake dessert ready to eat in under 30 minutes. #butterscotch, #peanutbutter #whitechocolatewonderful www.shugarysweets.com

Quite a long name for an easy 3 ingredient recipe.

Sometimes I get serious cravings. And 90% of the time they involve Krispie Treats. There is something just so magical about a Rice Krispie treat. No store bought version can ever fulfill this craving.

So last week when I was craving some Krispie Treats, I opened up my pantry to get the ingredients. You know, Rice Krispies, marshmallow, butter.

Ummm, I had no marshmallows and no butter. WHAT?

I know. So I remembered YEARS ago I made Krispie treats using butterscotch morsels and peanut butter.

But, as luck would have it, I was out of creamy peanut butter. I KNOW. (What I should have been doing at this point was realize I needed some serious grocery shopping).

I did have a beautiful jar of White Chocolate Wonderful. Have you tried this stuff? OMG, it’s amazing. But I don’t like to bake with it. Cause it’s too good. Like, I don’t even share it much with the family it’s so good. But, I figured, since I don’t usually share my Rice Krispie treats I could dive into my jar of White Chocolate Wonderful.

If you haven’t tried this before, it’s white chocolate with peanut butter. All scientifically blended together to create a delicious jar of wonderful (probably where they came up with the name, ya think?) I’m sure the website (or the jar) has a better description. Needless to say, these treats were amazing. You can use creamy peanut butter if you choose, but if you can get your hands on a jar of this it would be better. So much better.

Want more Rice Krispie Treat ideas? Well you’ve come to the right place!

First, I have a Pinterest Board dedicated to these lovely desserts. Follow here: Rice Krispie Treat Addiction

Banana Rice Krispie Treats from www.shugarysweets.com

Banana Rice Krispie Treats: your classic breakfast cereal meets bananas. Genius? I know.

Biscoff Krispie Treats from www.shugarysweets.com

Biscoff Krispie Treats: These tasty treats are flavored with one of my favorite ingredients: Biscoff Spread

Avalanche Krispie Treats from www.shugarysweets.com

Avalanche Krispie Treats: inspired by Rocky Mtn Chocolate Factory- these are GOOD!

Cherry Krispie Treats from www.shugarysweets.com

Cherry Krispie Treats: Valentine inspired Cherry Treats topped with Dark Chocolate

Pistachio Krispie Treats from www.shugarysweets.com

Pistachio Krispie Treats: JELLO pudding mix combined with Krispie treats makes these delicious! Drizzle some dark chocolate for extra YUM factor!

Connect with Shugary Sweets! I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

Butterscotch White Chocolate Wonderful Krispie Treats

Yield: 16 large bars

Easy, 3 ingredient no bake treats!

• 1 bag (11 oz) Butterscotch morsels
  • 1 cup peanut butter (OR Peanut Butter & Co White Chocolate Wonderful
  • 6 cup crispy rice cereal
  • optional: 4oz white chocolate bar, melted

1. In microwave safe bowl, combine butterscotch morsels with peanut butter. Heat for 1 minute. Stir and heat an additional 30 seconds. Stir again (if still not completely melted, heat an additional 30 seconds. Pour over cereal, folding it in completely.
  2. Press into an 8inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes. Cut into squares. ENJOY!
  3. Optional: drizzle treats with melted white chocolate bar!

Linked To: Talent Show  Trick or trick  Lil Luna  What’s Cookin

Natalie J Vandenberghe January 13, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I love Peanut Butter (especially White Chocolate Wonderful!) and I love Rice Krispie Treats! Thanks for sharing so many delicious recipe ideas!

aimee @ shugarysweets January 13, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Thanks Natalie! We are soul mates :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Butterscotch White Chocolate Wonderful Krispie TreatsMy Profile

Sue @ House Pretty January 13, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Oh, man, this sounds delicious. I’m going to give it a try!
Sue @ House Pretty recently posted..I’m Co-Hosting, Whoo! Hoo!My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 14, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Thanks Sue, let me know if you try them!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Pomegranate Scones with #AmericasTeaMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks January 13, 2013 at 6:13 pm

I love these things! I am a huge huge huge RKTreat lover as well as PB and white choc and WCW is amazing stuff – you’re right. Love these, Aimee!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..25 Lightened Up Dinner RecipesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 14, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I love the WCW and I was a little weary about using it (for fear of not having any left), but SO glad I did!!!

Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking January 13, 2013 at 8:04 pm

i have to get my hands on some of that white chocolate wonderful. how did I miss it?!!
The bars look amazing Aimee!
Roxana | Roxana’s Home Baking recently posted..20 homemade bread recipes and 20 more on my bucket listMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 14, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Keep your eye out for it. It’s definitely wonderful!!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust January 13, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Oh yes. Yes please! These would be gone in two seconds flat…all consumed by me!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Biscoff Cookie Butter PretzelsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 14, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I won’t say how many seconds it took for them to be gone. Nor will I admit how many I ate. I will say that I consumed the majority of them!

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama January 14, 2013 at 6:51 am

These look pretty amazing. I could go for a couple for breakfast!
Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama recently posted..Lavender Lemon TartMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 14, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Thanks Carrie. Your tart still has me thinking about lemon. I’ll swap a piece for a piece!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction January 14, 2013 at 8:59 am

I love White Chocolate Wonderful (and the other Peanut Butter & Co. flavors!)! This is such a great idea for krispie treats!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 14, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Thanks Jessica. The WCW is so good. I need to try some of the other flavors!!!

Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik January 14, 2013 at 9:15 am

I love their fun peanut butter flavors! Thanks for sharing, these look ‘wonderful’, lol. ;)
Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik recently posted..Cinnamon Raisin Energy BitesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 16, 2013 at 9:41 pm

haha, aren’t you a funny one :)

Sues January 14, 2013 at 10:42 am

I’m oddly not usually a rice krispie treat fan, but I’m obsessed with Peanut Butter and Co. (and love their White Chocolate Wonderful), so I think I’d be down with these!
Sues recently posted..Mocha Cappuccino Cinnamon CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 14, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Because these are made with no marshmallow they only vaguely resemble traditional krispie treats. They really taste more like a candy bar!

sally @ sallys baking addiction January 14, 2013 at 10:55 am

peanut butter, butterscotch, and white chocolate are three of my very favorites – a trifecta of amazing flavors. And I love rice krispie treats – they are so versatile and being no bake scores them high on my list.
sally @ sallys baking addiction recently posted..SBA’s 200th post: Dedication to my Readers.My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 14, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Trifecta of amazing flavors! I love that!! I know how much you love all those ingredients…you have me drooling daily!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 14, 2013 at 11:10 am

I love rice krispie treats and you come up with the most amazing ones!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinade #SundaySupperMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 16, 2013 at 9:40 pm

thanks Jennifer. I love my Krispie Treats!!

Madelein - Mother of six January 14, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Looks really delicious!
Madelein – Mother of six recently posted..Med inspiration från ICAMy Profile

Anita at Hungry Couple January 14, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I have no words right now. Too busy planning an emergency white chocolate run to the store!
Anita at Hungry Couple recently posted..Baked Cinnamon Sugar Mini DoughnutsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 14, 2013 at 3:23 pm

haha, I love it!!!!

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life January 15, 2013 at 7:21 am

I need krispies like right now!!! I love that you made these more like a candy bar without the marshmallows. That peanut butter is divine…I usually eat it by the spoonfuls and then don’t have enough to bake with :-)
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Trick or Treat TuesdayMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 16, 2013 at 7:22 am

Candy bars are good! Krispie treat candy bars are amazing!! Wish I had some left to share with you!

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen January 15, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Okay so this is pretty much dreamy. :)
Katrina @ In Katrina’s Kitchen recently posted..Introducing the NEW In Katrina’s Kitchen!My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 16, 2013 at 7:21 am

hahaha, thanks Katrina!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts January 16, 2013 at 10:34 am

I have never tried the White Chocolate Wonderful, but I do have peanut butter, and an over abundance of butterscotch chips – so I will be making these today!!
Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts recently posted..Curried Butternut Squash SoupMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 16, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Enjoy Erin. Let me know how it turns out!

Monica January 19, 2013 at 6:48 am

Without marshmallows, don’t these get hard? I made the P.B. version on the back of the cereal once and they turned into a rock. Do you think you could add marshmallow to these like normal?

aimee @ shugarysweets January 19, 2013 at 11:30 am

No, they don’t get hard, but they definitely are a different consistency. Like a candy bar! A delicious, soft, decadent candy bar!!

Crystal January 19, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Yum! Here I thought our m&m rice krispie treats were amazing..check out all your awesome variations! Your pictures are amazing by the way. :)
Crystal recently posted..Kidaptive Leo’s PadMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 20, 2013 at 9:29 am

Thanks Crystal. I have a serious weakness for Krispie treats!

Neel|Eastern aroma February 9, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I am making these tonight!! I love that they’re so quick… it doesn’t allow you enough time to second-guess your awesomely indulgent decision.
Neel|Eastern aroma recently posted..Picnic Fried Chicken at the ZooMy Profile

www.jcsm.org August 9, 2013 at 5:04 am

Very good post. I definitely appreciate this site. Keep it up!
http://www.jcsm.org recently posted..http://www.jcsm.orgMy Profile

Kari October 16, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Aimee – I made these last weekend and had been meaning to write you! Greg went crazy for them but had a good suggestion while I was making them….I added some melted choc chips to the top and put the whole thing in fridge to harden that layer – it was perfect – good contrast to the gooey peanut buttery flavor – they were gone in like 1 day!

aimee @ shugarysweets October 18, 2013 at 8:05 am

I love these!! Love the melted chocolate chips on top too!!!!