Cherry Cheesecake Pretzel Bites

by aimee @ shugarysweets on February 10, 2013

Want an easy, delicious Valentine’s Day treat? How about whipping up a batch of these Cherry Cheesecake Pretzel Bites?

Cherry Cheesecake Pretzel Bites: delicious, easy bite sized treats #Valentines www.shugarysweets.com

So here we are the week of Valentine’s Day and in true Shugary Sweets form I am going to explode in pink and sprinkles this week! Starting out with these super easy, super cute pretzel bites.

I’ve seen peanut butter pretzel bites like these all over pinterest and I wanted to do something for Valentine’s Day. Something PINK.

I love using JELL-O gelatin and puddings to add extra flavor to recipes. Today I used 2 teaspoons of cherry gelatin mix to not only add flavor to these cheesecake bites, but also give them their pink color! I found these to taste best cold, right out of the refrigerator!

As for the leftover gelatin, I have plenty more ideas. Stick it in a ziploc bag marked with the flavor so you can use it for more great treats, such as these….

Cherry Vanilla Puppy Chow: this is highly addictive and so fun for Valentine’s Day too!

Cherry Vanilla Puppy Chow

Vanilla Bean Donuts with Strawberry Glaze: delicious baked donuts topped with strawberry frosting made with a little bit of gelatin powder!

Vanilla Bean Strawberry Glazed Donuts: baked donuts that are ready in under 30 minutes #copycat dunkin donuts #strawberry @shugarysweets

Meringue Roses: why not use gelatin to flavor your meringue cookies? These are so pretty too!

Meringue Roses

Lemon Crunch Cookies: a box of lemon gelatin not only keeps these cookies moist, but makes them irresistible.

Lemon Crunch Cookies

Strawberry Swirl Fudge: This would be pretty not only for Valentine’s Day, but a girls’ birthday, baby shower, Mother’s Day…

Strawberry Swirl Fudge

Don’t miss a single recipe: connect with Shugary Sweets!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

Cherry Cheesecake Pretzel Bites

Yield: 4 dozen

• 4oz cream cheese,softened
  • 2 tsp cherry gelatin mix
  • 3 cup powdered sugar
  • 96 mini pretzel twists
  • 8oz vanilla Candiquik, melted
  • sprinkles

1. In mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add in cherry gelatin mix and powdered sugar. Beat for 5 minutes. Roll dough into one inch balls and press between two pretzels.
  2. I refrigerated my pretzel bites for about 30 minutes at this point. Dip half of each pretzel into melted candiquik, add sprinkles immediately. I found that having the pretzel bites cold, the vanilla candiquik hardened quicker. You don't HAVE to refrigerated your bites though before dipping.
  3. Allow chocolate to set, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for 3 days. ENJOY!

Linked To: Talent show  Trick or Treat  Lil Luna  What’s Cookin

Danielle February 10, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Such cute and fun treats for Valentines! I keep scrolling up and down, trying to decide which one to make. If only I could make them all!
Danielle recently posted..Tate’s Bake Shop Linzer Heart Cookies and a GiveawayMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 10, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Thanks Danielle. These definitely are quite easy to make!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Cherry Cheesecake Pretzel BitesMy Profile

Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations February 10, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Yay – I am all about pink and sprinkles and hearts this week! I love these cute pretzel bites. And they are no-bake – so even I can make then :)
Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations recently posted..Strawberry Oreo White Chocolate Fridge CakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 10, 2013 at 8:46 pm

No bake desserts are perfect for a busy week! I plan on whipping up another batch of these!!

sally @ sallys baking addiction February 10, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Anything pink and sprinkle-y wins my heart! Sweet & salty is a bonus. ;) I love cheesecake pretzel bites! I’ve never made a cherry version though!
sally @ sallys baking addiction recently posted..red velvet cheesecake swirl brownies.My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 10, 2013 at 8:47 pm

This cherry version is a winner in my book!!!

Erika @ The Hopeless Housewife February 10, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Love the sweet and salty and they are so cute!
Erika @ The Hopeless Housewife recently posted..Erika Monroe-Williams Behind the Scenes of “The Taste” on ABCMy Profile

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef February 10, 2013 at 3:40 pm

these look awesome! i might make them with raspberry or strawberry jello cause i’m not a cherry person, but what a cute idea!
Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef recently posted..Chewy Peanut Butter BrowniesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 11, 2013 at 7:25 am

any flavor gelatin would work perfect!! Lemon would be delicious too…although maybe not so Valentine’s-ish

Eva @ Eva Bakes February 10, 2013 at 3:50 pm

So pretty for Valentine’s day!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Chinese steamed sticky rice cakes (nián gāo)My Profile

Ari @ Ari's Menu February 10, 2013 at 5:07 pm

These are so cute, and such a unique idea for Valentine’s Day!!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Weekend RamblingsMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet February 10, 2013 at 5:45 pm

These look so great! Great way to spruce up pretzels! YUM!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Raspberry HUGS Hot Chocolate Muddy BuddiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 11, 2013 at 7:27 am

Thanks Nancy! It’s a delicious bite with the salty and sweet!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust February 10, 2013 at 6:17 pm

I love this twist on pretzel bites Aimee! Perfect, and I love the pink!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Red Hots Muddy BuddiesMy Profile

Sarah February 10, 2013 at 6:25 pm

YUM! I love the super salty with the super sweet. Pretzels and cream cheese pudding mix, would be delish!

aimee @ shugarysweets February 11, 2013 at 7:29 am

Thanks Sarah!!

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life February 10, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I am so excited for pink sprinkle week!!! These are so cute and I love the fun flavor of cherry cheesecake with the pretzel! Yum!!!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..No Bake Caramel Mud Pie CupsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 11, 2013 at 7:30 am

Thanks girl. After this week I’ll be ready to be done with pink! Maybe not sprinkles…

Jodi Keller February 10, 2013 at 9:07 pm

These are so cute & look yummie too! Wanted to know where you bought the little Chocolate Heart Sprinkles? Thanks :)

aimee @ shugarysweets February 11, 2013 at 7:31 am

Jodi, they came in a sprinkle mix with the jimmies. I think I bought them at Walmart.

Jodi Keller February 15, 2013 at 5:18 am

Thanks, I’ll have to take a look! :)

Shiloh Barkley February 10, 2013 at 10:36 pm

I busted out my heart sprinkles today.
Shiloh Barkley recently posted..Butternut Squash Risotto with Pine Nuts and Balsamic GlazeMy Profile

Liz February 10, 2013 at 11:00 pm

What a great idea Aimee! Love the sweet & salty combination :)
Liz recently posted..Stained Glass Valentine CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 11, 2013 at 7:31 am

Thanks Liz. Sweet and Salty works every time :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks February 11, 2013 at 12:32 am

Ive been playing in pink sprinkles all weekend. These are just more for the making :) So adorable!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..15 Sweet Valentine’s Day RecipesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 11, 2013 at 7:36 am

Thanks Averie! I may be ready to be done baking with pink…but never done with sprinkles!

JulieD February 11, 2013 at 8:35 am

Oh my Aimee! These are perfect…love the salty and sweet combo and they are so cute!
JulieD recently posted..Red Velvet Oreo TrufflesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:37 am

Thanks Julie!! My kids helped me make another batch, they are that easy!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Toffee Chocolate Chip Valentine’s Day CheeseballMy Profile

Lindsy @ Life, Love and Sugar February 11, 2013 at 9:39 am

I love these! What a great idea! And so pink and pretty!
Lindsy @ Life, Love and Sugar recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookie CakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:38 am

Thank you! And of course you can change the color for any holiday by changing your flavor of jello!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction February 11, 2013 at 9:57 am

These are so fun! Great idea to use jello to mix up the flavor!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Skinny Fudgy Brownies (Quick & Easy)My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:39 am

Thanks Jessica. JELL-O is definitely my go-to ingredient!

Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik February 11, 2013 at 10:06 am

I adore these! Sharing :)
Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik recently posted..Valentine Surprise CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:40 am

Thanks for sharing Sarah!!

katie February 11, 2013 at 10:22 am

This looks fabulous!!!

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies February 11, 2013 at 10:33 am

These look so good and sound like they come together pretty easily! I’d have to swap out the gelatin, but it doesn’t sound like that’ll be a problem :)
Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies recently posted..Vegan Banana French ToastMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:41 am

No problem at all, you can also use grenadine or maraschino cherry juice! Or even fresh cherries would work!

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen February 11, 2013 at 10:38 am

You must know that I am in love with these because of their pinkness right? Well I do!
Katrina @ In Katrina’s Kitchen recently posted..PicMonkey Mondays: Creating a CollageMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:42 am

Yes, pink is always a winner, right?

Karly February 11, 2013 at 11:21 am

You just did what now? Cheesecake bites? Stuffed between pretzels? Is this real life?
Karly recently posted..Brown Sugar Glazed Banana DonutsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:43 am

I just pinched you, did you feel it? Yep, real life girlfriend!!

carrian February 11, 2013 at 11:28 am

These are so cute!!!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) February 11, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Seriously pretzel cheesecake bites are a thing of pure genius!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) recently posted..Big Mama’s Biscuits and A VIDEO!My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:43 am

Thanks Jocelyn :)

tanya February 11, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Using Jello is the BEST idea! Love little treats that I can munch on throughout the day!

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:44 am

Yeah, these can be quite dangerous tanya…so easy to just keep grabbing “one more.”

Liz Fourez February 12, 2013 at 8:46 am

I bet these are yummy! And they look so darn cute too : )
Thanks for sharing!

Liz
Liz Fourez recently posted..How to Create a Record WallMy Profile

Carrie February 12, 2013 at 10:26 pm

I attempted to make these tonight, but my cream cheese mix was more like icing :-( I couldn’t roll it into a ball. I used reduced fat cheese, could that have made a difference? It tastes great, just can’t roll it.

aimee @ shugarysweets February 13, 2013 at 6:46 am

That could be it, I’m not sure. You could try refrigerating the mixture to see if it firms up for you!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor February 12, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Another adorable treat!! Love it!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel February 12, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Eek! Loving the cherry cheesecake filling., I made red velvet pretzel bites this past weekend, too! Great minds think alike :) though I totally am craving cherry cheesecake now!
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Valentine Heart ChowMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 13, 2013 at 6:46 am

Ohhhh red velvet. Cute idea too!!

Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com February 13, 2013 at 8:40 am

These look terrific!! Pinned ;) Thanks for sharing!
Happy Valentine’s Day <3
Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com recently posted..Potsticker Cheddar SkewersMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 13, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Thanks for pinning Brenda! ENJOY!

Mary Frances @ The Sweet Tooth Life June 8, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Oh my goodness, these are so cute! I want to go this with lemon or yellow mix for a birthday party … Or red and blue for Fourth of July! That’s what I’ll do:) Thank do much for this revi

Mary Frances @ The Sweet Tooth Life June 8, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Clicked submit too soon- sorry!
Antway

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life June 8, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I am now ditching the phone and turning on the computer. SOOO sorry about all those unfinished comments – feel free to delete them.
Anyways, thanks for this recipe! Found it on Pinterest and definitely repinning! (Though now that i am on the computer I could just pin it from your website … :) Can’t wait to try it! Pretzels are one of my all time favorite snacks!
Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life recently posted..Salad Saturdays: Fresh Lemon Kale SaladMy Profile

Judy February 1, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Do these really have only 4oz. of cream cheese, and 3 cups of powdered sugar?

aimee @ shugarysweets February 2, 2014 at 8:10 am

Yes! You’re going to combine it in the mixer, but then use your hands to roll it into balls. The warmth of your hands will combine it nicely, it may originally feel like it won’t work!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Cherry BarkMy Profile

Kim Byers @ The Celebration Shoppe February 11, 2014 at 11:57 am

What a combination of flavors! This look too tempting!
Kim Byers @ The Celebration Shoppe recently posted..Purple Minion Valentine Card Box {Easy Kid Craft}My Profile