Peanut Butter Lover’s Trash Candy

by aimee @ shugarysweets on February 28, 2013

Don’t be fooled by the name Trash! This is the easiest, tastiest treat you can make in minutes! Open your pantry, add ingredients, cover in white chocolate. This Peanut Butter Lover’s version includes Nutter Butter Bites and Reese’s Pieces PB eggs!

Peanut Butter Lover's Trash Candy: seriously quick and easy treat to serve up for this Spring or #Easter holiday! #reeses #nutterbutter www.shugarysweets.com

Have you made trash candy before? Okay, the real name is White Trash candy. That’s so wrong, right?

This candy is so easy and versatile to make. I’ve said it before, but my kids eat a lot of cereal. And there is always a cup of cereal left in the bottom of the containers or bags that nobody eats. I think they are afraid if they pour the last of the cereal in their bowl, they will get the crumbs too.

I think the REAL reason is my kids don’t want to be the one responsible for breaking down the box and putting it in recycling. I am on to them!

But maybe. Just maybe they know deep down if there is cereal left in those boxes I will combine it with some candy and pretzels and cover it in white chocolate.

Yep, that’s how White Trash Candy is born. Seriously…just add whatever you already have in your pantry. It makes a HUGE bowl too, so it’s perfect when you have company over and don’t feel like making treats. Just whip up a quick batch of this Trash Candy. And of course I am such a sucker to the seasonal aisle in the grocery store, so I always have some fun Holiday candy to toss in! This would be cute for Easter too!

Oh, and I decided to go the Peanut Butter Lover’s route since tomorrow, March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day. So make it for the PB Lover in your house (especially if that is you!!)

Want more Trash Ideas? You came to the right place….

This Bunny Chow from last year used Oreos and Milk Chocolate m&m Candies! Another irresistible combination!

Bunny Chow from www.shugarysweets.com

The original White Trash Candy recipe on my blog…incorporates cereal, pretzels and candy!

White Trash candy from www.shugarysweets.com

Halloween Trash candy made with those specialty cereals, candy corn and more! Save this one for later!

Halloween Trash Candy from www.shugarysweets.com

Love this recipe? Find more delicious recipes by following me on Pinterest:

Fudge Truffles and Candy

Cakes and Cupcakes

Cookies Brownies and Bars

Don’t miss another mouthwatering recipe from Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me:

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

Peanut Butter Lover’s Trash Candy

• 1 bag (8oz) Nutter Butter bites
  • 1 bag (12oz) Reese's Pieces PB eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup pretzel sticks
  • 1 cup Cheerios cereal
  • 16oz vanilla candiquik (almond bark), melted

1. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Pour melted white chocolate over everything and stir gently. Pour onto a piece of parchment paper to set (about 15 minutes). Add sprinkles if desired!

Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection February 28, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I love recipes like this. I’m always finding a bag of cereal, pretzels, or cookies that only have a little bit left. Not enough for a snack but too much to throw away. So I pull what your kids do and just let it sit there haha. Now I know exactly what to do with it! Love that you can make this with so many different snacks and candies. And you cant beat how easy and quick it is to make. I think this might be one of my new favorite recipes!
Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection recently posted..Skinny Strawberry Banana “Ice Cream”My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 6:27 am

That’s how this recipe was born in our house…using the leftover cereals! Enjoy Elaine!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peanut Butter Lover’s Trash CandyMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks February 28, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Gotta love a fast and easy recipe like this…and that cleans out odds and ends. And where PB & white choc are the stars!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..February 2013 RecipesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 6:28 am

Can’t argue with you at all!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) February 28, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Oh goooodness. I am such a pb lover and I am alllll over this white trash candy!!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) recently posted..Gravy Cheese Fries PoutineMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet February 28, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I have not made trash candy before! So that is what you do with the left over cereal! Finally a purpose for it!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Geschnetzeltes or Sliced MeatMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 6:29 am

Yes, don’t throw it away!!!

Eva @ Eva Bakes February 28, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Sounds like the perfect snack for peanut butter fans!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel swiss meringue buttercreamMy Profile

Karly February 28, 2013 at 5:45 pm

In my face. Now!

What? You act like it’s weird to bark orders at photos of food?
Karly recently posted..Cinnamon Roll DonutsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 6:31 am

Nope. Not weird at all. I totally get it!

Elise @ elisebakes February 28, 2013 at 5:46 pm

This is perfect! I love recipes like this that make use of all of the half-empty bags in the pantry!
Elise @ elisebakes recently posted..Oreo CupcakesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 6:31 am

yeah me too, especially ones that have candy in the name and take 15 minutes! thanks Elise!!

Melissa February 28, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Do you think that peanut butter cheerios would be overkill with it?

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 6:33 am

If i had them, I totally would have used them! I even thought about buying them, but then that would defeat the purpose of using the ends of the cereal boxes! i think they would be delish.

Liz February 28, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I love how it uses up all the leftover cereal in the house – brilliant! It happens in my house all the time and it’s me or my husband that always ends up eating the bottom. I get it though, why they don’t want to, you get all that powdery yuck in your bowl!
Liz recently posted..Banana Caramel Granola BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 6:34 am

Yeah, just don’t pour that powdery yuck in the candy! It would still be gross, LOL.

Meg @ Sweet Twist February 28, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Cool.. I haven’t seen this much before. Looks delicious.
Meg @ Sweet Twist recently posted..Irish Cream Magic BarsMy Profile

Michael Ann February 28, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I LOVE trash candy and this version looks the BEST yet! OMG!
Michael Ann recently posted..Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut BarsMy Profile

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts February 28, 2013 at 8:55 pm

I haven’t had this in YEARS!! A coworker used to make it at Christmas, but haven’t had it since. Love the peanut butter version!
Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts recently posted..Perfect Potatoes Au GratinMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 6:35 am

I think that it is time to change, and make it for yourself this weekend!!

Nicole @ youngbrokeandhungry February 28, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Candy that takes less then 15 minutes to make?! I am totally in. Plus I always have leftover cereal.
Nicole @ youngbrokeandhungry recently posted..Chocolate Banana Breakfast CookieMy Profile

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust February 28, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I love your Trash Candy! This is amazing, as always Aimee!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Coming Soon: the Pi Day Pie Party & Giveaway!My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 6:38 am

I make good trash, LOL. My mom would be so proud :) thanks Dorothy!

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen February 28, 2013 at 9:52 pm

I have never made any trash/white trash candy before. But I love how you clean out the pantry with this candy. Kind of like what we do at home with leftover potatoes and veggies we make bubble & squeak. And when I clean out the cupboards at home there is always like 3 or 4 bags with roughly a cup or so just sitting there. This is the perfect way to use it up!
Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen recently posted..Creamy Lemon Cake BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 6:39 am

Thanks Elizabeth, I love the name Bubble and Squeak. I’ve never heard that before!!!

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen March 2, 2013 at 1:47 am

Most people in the US haven’t its an English thing ;) You should try it one time its great!
Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen recently posted..OOC BrowniesMy Profile

Ari @ Ari's Menu February 28, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Holy cow, this wouldn’t last 20 minutes in my house! So simple, and it sounds ridiculously good!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Whopper CookiesMy Profile

Cindy Harris March 1, 2013 at 12:21 am

Trash is good. This is the perfect treat to make with my grand kids. Thanks
Cindy Harris recently posted..Peanut Butter Cup BlondiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 6:41 am

Trash is good, indeed :)

Marcie@Flavorthemoments March 1, 2013 at 12:27 am

White trash never looked so good. I’ve never made anything like this. Time to get trashy!
Marcie@Flavorthemoments recently posted..Soft Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Oat BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 6:43 am

LOL, your comment is awesome. Time to get Trashy! LOVE IT.

Laurie March 1, 2013 at 12:56 am

This is a sad excuse for sugar use in view of the recent findings
of sugar consumption and diabetes.
I think I will save my sugar craving for something a bit more
challenging.

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 6:44 am

Everything in moderation!

tanya March 1, 2013 at 7:31 am

This is exactly what I want for my sugar cravings-thats why I’m here! Love the line about your kids and the cereal boxes…so true! I’m totally in the mood for trash now-and 7:30 am! Thanks Aimee!

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 11:57 am

Thanks Tanya! You’re too sweet :)

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies March 1, 2013 at 10:01 am

Such a quick and easy to way to use up all the scrap cereal and candy bits– great idea!
Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies recently posted..Barbeque Veggie Enchiladas with Cheese SauceMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 3, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Thanks Kelly!

Meghan @ The Tasty Fork March 1, 2013 at 11:33 am

I’m loving the pretzels in this candy!! Especially since I love eating pretzels with PB!

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain March 1, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Aimee this is the prettiest type of trash I’ve ever seen ;) and the colors go so well with Easter coming up! Pre-Easter Snackage here I come.
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Crazy Good Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

a farmer in the dell March 1, 2013 at 2:51 pm

This is a better version of kitchen sink pasta! yum. I love trash candy!
a farmer in the dell recently posted..apple, beet, carrot, and ginger juiceMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 3, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Kitchen sink pasta? That sounds good too!!!

Tasha @ Homemade March 1, 2013 at 2:56 pm

I have never wanted to eat trash so bad in my life lol … yum!

aimee @ shugarysweets March 3, 2013 at 1:30 pm

LOL!!!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction March 1, 2013 at 4:05 pm

This sounds highly addictive! Love it!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Samoa Baked Mini DonutsMy Profile

Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking March 1, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Are you related with my husband. He NEVER eats the last serving of cereals from the bag and the same for the milk, if there’s less than 1 glass, he’ll open another carton.
This trash candy sounds pretty addictive!

aimee @ shugarysweets March 3, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Not that I know of, but he would fit right in here with my family :) MEN! KIDS! Aaarghhh.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com March 1, 2013 at 7:54 pm

That looks so colorful and fun to make!
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Coconut & Date Tea CookiesMy Profile

Julia | JuliasAlbum.com March 2, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Ha-ha! Love the name! This treat surely looks pretty!

Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations March 4, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Luv this idea! I absolutely dislike the crumbs on the bottom of the cereal box as well since I like my cereal still crunchy but the crumbs turn soggy right away. Perfect for my husband ;) But using them to make candy treats sounds even better.
Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations recently posted..Easy Peanut Butter Bars {No Bake}My Profile

carrian March 4, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Oh, heck yeah!!! I love this!
carrian recently posted..The BEST Potato RollsMy Profile

Anita at Hungry Couple March 10, 2013 at 12:26 am

You definitely had me with the peanut butter. Unfortunately, I’m quite sure I could finish a whole bowl of this all by myself. :)
Anita at Hungry Couple recently posted..Bananas Foster Bundt Cake #BundtAMonthMy Profile

Fredrica (Freddie) October 11, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I had a similar recipe that I was given about 20 years ago. I could no longer find it so I am glad that I found yours. The only thing is mine was called Sinful Stuff and mine and yours is that it is so Sinful because you cannot stop eating it. I especially like you Peanut Butter Lovers version. Thanks.

PS: My youngest daughter’s name is Aimee and I love the spelling of this.