Chocolate Mint Pretzel Bites

by aimee @ shugarysweets on March 3, 2013

Chocolate Mint patties between two crunchy pretzels. Dip in white chocolate and add sprinkles for a festive St.Patrick’s Day touch!

Chocolate Mint Pretzel Bites: delicious peppermint pattie centers between two #snyders pretzel snaps. perfect for #stpattysday www.shugarysweets.com

This is what happens when Homemade Peppermint Patties mate with Cherry Cheesecake Pretzel Bites.

The best of both recipes in one delicious bite.

So the day I was making these bites, I originally had no idea the center would be green. I planned on just using the same filling as my peppermint patties. I thought about using some green candy melts to drizzle on the white chocolate for pizzazz, but not actually making the filling green. Then I reached into my cabinet and realized I was out of peppermint extract.

So I headed off to the store, grabbed a bottle of extract, made my way down the baking aisle and stopped cold in my tracks. There, calling my  name “AIMEE, AIMEE” was a packet of Duncan Hines frosting creations. Have you seen these yet? I have seen them before. I have heard they are wonderful. But I had never bought one myself. However, that changed. The flavor was “Chocolate Mint” and it was green! So my mind immediately thought, this could work by substituting the peppermint extract for a packet of this flavor mix.

Guess what? It totally worked. And it’s perfect for St.Patty’s day, don’t ya think???

Want more Green ideas? You’ve come to the right place!

Pistachio Fudge: I seriously love all fudge, but pistachio fudge is just amazing. The end.

Pistachio Fudge from www.shugarysweets.com

Lime Swirled Icebox Cookies: these are great to have on hand! Just make the dough ahead of time and place in your freezer. Slice and bake!

Lime Swirled Icebox Cookies from www.shugarysweets.com

Thin Mint Puppy Chow: mint chocolate bars and Chex make for the best copycat Thin Mints around! Add some green mint m&m’s and you have one delicious recipe to serve a crowd!

Thin Mint Puppy chow: this recipe for puppy chow tastes like the popular Thin Mint Cookies #girlscoutcookies #thinmints www.shugarysweets.com

Love this holiday recipe? Find more delicious recipes by following my upcoming Holiday Boards on Pinterest:

St Pattys Day

Spring/Easter

Cinco de Mayo

Don’t miss another mouthwatering recipe from Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me:

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

Chocolate Mint Pretzel Bites

Prep Time: 1 hour

Yield: 72

• 1 jar (7oz) marshmallow cream (Fluff)
  • 10 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 envelope (0.10oz) Duncan Hines Chocolate Mint frosting creations flavor mix
  • 1-2 tsp milk
  • 5 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 pkg (16oz) vanilla Candiquik (almond bark), melted
  • 1 bag Snyders pretzel Snaps (144 pretzels)
  • sprinkles

1. In large mixing bowl, beat marshmallow cream with butter and chocolate mint package. Beat until fully combined (you can substitute 1 tsp peppermint extract and green food coloring if desired). Add in powdered sugar and mix on medium speed until well blended. Add milk, one teaspoon at a time, until consistency is correct. Should come together in one ball, about the consistency of play-doh.
  2. Using about 1 tbsp of filling, roll into balls.
  3. Press one ball of mint filling between two pretzel snaps, lightly. Dip end of pretzels into melted vanilla chocolate, tap excess off on side of bowl. Add sprinkles immediately and lay on parchment paper lined countertop. Repeat until all filling is used. Store at room temperature in a covered container. ENJOY!

Check out some of my friends who use Duncan Hines flavor packets:

Strawberry Shortcake Fudge from Jocelyn at Inside BruCrew Life

Icee Cupcakes from Dorothy at Crazy for Crust

Dr Suess Push Up Pops from Hayley at The Domestic Rebel

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen March 3, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Yum these are so cute! I have yet to try one of the frosting flavor creations. Glad to see they work so well :)
Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen recently posted..OOC BrowniesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2013 at 7:13 am

They worked out great! And, since I use a lot of gelatin and pudding mixes for flavoring, i think these will substitute nicely!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint Pretzel BitesMy Profile

Ashley March 3, 2013 at 4:23 pm

These are so cute and festive! Can’t ever go wrong with chocolate + mint, in my opinion! :)
Ashley recently posted..Mint Chip Crispy Rice TreatsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2013 at 7:14 am

I agree completely Ashley!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint Pretzel BitesMy Profile

Eva @ Eva Bakes March 3, 2013 at 5:02 pm

These look insanely addicting. I bet I could eat the entire batch in one setting.
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel swiss meringue buttercreamMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2013 at 7:14 am

It does make 72 bites, so one sitting would be hard! But you will definitely eat your fair share!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint Pretzel BitesMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks March 3, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Fluff, frosting mix, 5 cups powdered sugar, and Candiquik…and a stick and a half of butter. They are destined to be delish!! :)
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..Gourmet Hot Chocolate and Handmade Marshmallows GiveawayMy Profile

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) March 3, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Omgosh so cute!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) recently posted..Something Saturdays (3/2/13)My Profile

Natasha @ The Cake Merchant March 3, 2013 at 5:27 pm

These are so cute and festive for St. Patty’s Day!
Natasha @ The Cake Merchant recently posted..Chocolate Birthday Cake: Devil’s Food Cake with Rich Chocolate Buttercream FrostingMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2013 at 7:15 am

Thanks Natasha! Cute, festive and totally easy!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint Pretzel BitesMy Profile

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen March 3, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Oh yes I can get behind this!
Katrina @ In Katrina’s Kitchen recently posted..PicMonkey Mondays: Using OverlaysMy Profile

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust March 3, 2013 at 6:26 pm

These are gorgeous Aimee! I used that same packet for a recipe later this week. The flavor is so great!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Rainbow Cheesecake DipMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2013 at 7:16 am

I can’t wait to see what you make!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint Pretzel BitesMy Profile

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 3, 2013 at 6:41 pm

These are so cute and so perfect! I love them!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Mini Lime Cheesecake Bites #SundaySupperMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2013 at 7:16 am

Thanks Jennifer! My small group loved them as well :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint Pretzel BitesMy Profile

Kathy March 3, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I love chocolate and mint together! They look very festive. I bet they would make a great classroom treat too!

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2013 at 7:20 am

Yep, perfect in a little bag with a cute tag or sticker on them!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint Pretzel BitesMy Profile

Spencer March 3, 2013 at 7:04 pm

How cute! They look absolutely delicious.
Spencer recently posted..Twizzlers StrawberryMy Profile

Pamela March 3, 2013 at 7:15 pm

WOW, these look so yummy! I am going to have to try this, my kiddies would love them!
Pamela recently posted..Buttered Pretzel Bites (Whole Wheat)My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2013 at 7:22 am

Yeah, my kids love mint so these went pretty quick!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint Pretzel BitesMy Profile

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel March 3, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Oh my word, Aimee! I totally fell in love with your cherry cheesecake pretzel bites, and now refreshing chocolate mint?! I die!! PS, I am super obsessed with those Frosting Creations, too! I’m stocked for life in my pantry, haha.
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Samoas CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2013 at 7:23 am

I think I found a new product I’ll be using again soon!!! thanks Hayley!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint Pretzel BitesMy Profile

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts March 3, 2013 at 9:07 pm

How cute are these; and they sound super addicting! I love anything with mint!
Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts recently posted..Cheeseburger Soup #SundaySupperMy Profile

sally @ sallys baking addiction March 3, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Aimee! Your St Patty’s day board on Pinterest is amazing!! So many ideas are swirling through my head right now. I, of course, love the salty sweet here. I love desserts with pretzels. These are so festive! I love mint & chocolate together :)
sally @ sallys baking addiction recently posted..Chocolate Cupcakes with Mint Chocolate Chip Frosting.My Profile

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com March 4, 2013 at 12:07 am

So festive for St Patricks Day!!
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Coconut & Date Tea CookiesMy Profile

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious March 4, 2013 at 2:28 am

So cute! And so festive! I could definitely snack on these right now!
Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious recently posted..Avocado Corn SalsaMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 4, 2013 at 7:30 am

Well come on over Chung-Ah!!! LOL.
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint Pretzel BitesMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life March 4, 2013 at 7:44 am

Having had one of those cute little gift bags, I can say how much I loved these! They were the cutest and yummiest treat to munch on last night!!! I’m thinking we need to plan more get togethers so I can sample more things :-)
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Carrot Cake Magic BarsMy Profile

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies March 4, 2013 at 8:08 am

I love the time of year when things go all green and minty :) These looks cute and tasty, perfect to bring to a St Patricks day party!
Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies recently posted..Broccoli and Cheese-Stuffed RollsMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet March 4, 2013 at 8:22 am

These look so good and festive. I love easy snacks that taste great and look fun! Nice!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Mint Chocolate Chip PancakesMy Profile

marcie@flavor the moments March 4, 2013 at 10:15 am

I have seen those Duncan Hines Frosting Creations. This is a very cool creation! Minty cool, in fact! I love mint, and this time of year, you need plenty of green options. This is a great option! Nice job!
marcie@flavor the moments recently posted..Greek Yogurt Pancakes with Blueberry Maple SyrupMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I have another recipe coming soon with the Duncan Hines packets….they are a great addition of flavor!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Jamaican Jerk Pulled Pork TostadasMy Profile

Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations March 4, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I haven’t heard of these frosting creations before but then again, I haven’t been on the American continent for a while now. But I love the idea of chocolate mint pretzel bites. Since seeing you cherry ones I keep an eye open for pretzels at the stores here.
Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations recently posted..Easy Peanut Butter Bars {No Bake}My Profile

tanya March 4, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Yep, another fabulous idea Aimee! I have to try those frosting creations! Great pic too!

Nicole @ youngbrokeandhungry March 4, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I have seen the frosting creations on the shelf of the supermarket but never bothered to buy them. Now I have an excuse to! These little bites are adorable.
Nicole @ youngbrokeandhungry recently posted..T.J Maxx: A Gourmet Stocked Pantry For LessMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Thanks Nicole! Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed!

carrian March 4, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I have to make those to surprise the little one for her school lunch!
carrian recently posted..The BEST Potato RollsMy Profile

Jess @ OnSugarMountain March 4, 2013 at 5:20 pm

If this is the byproduct then I think all of your desserts should mate once and awhile! Okay, that sounded sort of creepy and/or weird sooo moving on – I love the chocolate mint frosting creations flavor – it’s so crazy how perfectly spot on they get the flavor! And I love these not only for St. Patty’s but even for Easter :D yum.
Jess @ OnSugarMountain recently posted..#MuffinMonday: BLT MuffinsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 4:52 pm

OMG i was totally laughing out loud reading this. Thanks for the chuckle :)

Ari @ Ari's Menu March 4, 2013 at 5:22 pm

These are adorable! I love pretzel bites!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..ITBS Recovery Week 6My Profile

Robyn | Add a Pinch March 5, 2013 at 8:21 am

Love these pretzel bites, Aimee! Too cute!
Robyn | Add a Pinch recently posted..Spinach Artichoke Bread RecipeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Thanks Robyn! Too easy to make too. Oh and easy to eat!

Tonia@thegunnysack March 5, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Fantastic! I think I could easily eat several dozen of those! ;)
Tonia@thegunnysack recently posted..Spring Wedding Idea: Pink Candy Buffet TableMy Profile

Christi March 6, 2013 at 12:56 pm

These look adorable and delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Christi recently posted..The Not So Perfect Mom Meal Plan #3My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 7, 2013 at 6:34 am

Your welcome Christi!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint BrowniesMy Profile

Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik March 6, 2013 at 4:57 pm

ahh – that filling sounds amazing – I’ll definitely have to try these!!! Beautiful photos!
Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik recently posted..{Chow Mein} Easter NestsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 7, 2013 at 6:34 am

Thanks Sarah, they are quite yummy!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint BrowniesMy Profile

Mackenzie March 6, 2013 at 10:46 pm

These look delicous; I love mint! What a fun party treat!
Mackenzie :)
Mackenzie recently posted..Parmesan Pizza RollupsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 7, 2013 at 6:35 am

Thanks Mackenzie, I love mint too ;)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint BrowniesMy Profile

Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil March 8, 2013 at 10:47 pm

These are so cute and tempting! Yum!
Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil recently posted..Green SmoothieMy Profile

Stephanie March 10, 2013 at 1:01 pm

I made these last night…they were so much fun to make! So festive and delicious!