Maple Toffee Cookies

Soft Maple Cookies with Milk Chocolate Toffee bars and extra toffee bits! These are perfect the next time you crave cookies!

Maple Toffee Cookies: delicious, soft maple cookies with #milkchocolate and #toffee bits @shugarysweets

I can’t begin to tell you how delicious these cookies taste! okay fine, let me begin, but you must listen!

Sorry. It needed to be heard. One of my favorite cookies on the blog here is Maple Bacon cookies. Apparantly though some of you get a little freaked out by adding bacon to your desserts. I don’t understand this. People eat bacon with pancakes and syrup, which is essentially sweet, which is really just dessert for breakfast.

So to make some of you feel better about the maple cookies, I thought, who doesn’t love toffee? I just so happened to have a couple Green and Black’s Chocolate Toffee Bars on hand for this recipe. These are not like Heath bars. Don’t be mistaken. These are rich chocolate bars with bits of toffee in them. If you can’t find the Toffee bars, I would suggest you just add a good Milk chocolate bar and extra toffee bits (like Heath). The good quality chocolate is just as important as the toffee in these cookies.

And the maple. Oh the maple….Just promise to try these before you judge!

Speaking of Maple Bacon cookies, don’t they LOOK delicious? Yes? Well try them, because they TASTE great too!

Maple Bacon cookies from

Not sure about the Maple and Toffee combination? This Pumpkin Cupcake is topped with a Maple Toffee frosting. And it is one of my most requested fall cupcakes!

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Toffee Frosting from

Just looking for toffee? I understand. This is our recipe for homemade English Toffee. We make POUNDS of this every year! Now you can too!

English Toffee from

Are you following me on Pinterest yet?

Want more candy ideas? Check out my Fudge, Truffles and candy board

Don’t miss a single recipe: connect with Shugary Sweets!

Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

Maple Toffee Cookies

Yield: 3 dozen

• 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp maple extract (flavoring)
  • 1 tsp cornstarch
  • 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 bars (3 1/2 oz each) Green and Blacks Milk chocolate Toffee, chopped
  • 1/2 cup toffee bits (Heath)

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with brown sugar and salt for about 3-4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time. Add maple flavoring, cornstarch, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold in chocolate bars pieces and toffee bits.
  2. Drop by large tablespoon onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove and cool completely on wire rack. Store cookies in air tight container for one week. ENJOY!

**This post is NOT sponsored by Green and Blacks. I just love their product so much, I want to let you know! And the white chocolate bars are simply the best for melting and dipping truffles. No more scorched white chocolate for me!

59 Responses to “Maple Toffee Cookies”

1. posted Mar 10, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Yum, your cookies sound amazing!

• posted Mar 11, 2013 at 7:17 am

Thanks Rosie, they taste even better than they sound :)

2. posted Mar 10, 2013 at 6:38 pm

You had me at maple. I am crazy for anythang maple flavoured, and these cookies just made the list!

• posted Mar 11, 2013 at 7:18 am

Thanks Sarah, I am the same way. Maple is one of those flavors I love and wish I used more often!!

3. posted Mar 10, 2013 at 7:46 pm

I love maple cookies SO much Aimee. With or without bacon, I’m all in. I need to find me one of those chocolate bars, stat!

• posted Mar 11, 2013 at 7:20 am

I love maple cookies too! I hope you find the candy bars, otherwise just use a regular chocolate bar and extra toffee chips :)

4. posted Mar 10, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I absolutely LOVE these cookies! I’m crazy for both maple and toffee.

• posted Mar 11, 2013 at 7:20 am

Thanks Joanne, I feel the same way about maple and toffee!

5. posted Mar 10, 2013 at 8:32 pm

These cookies look and sound phenomenal. I also love Green & Black’s products.

6. posted Mar 10, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Maple + toffee? That’s a no brainer. Fantastic idea!

7. posted Mar 10, 2013 at 8:47 pm

hahaha! I felt like you were giving me the evil eye when you were talking about that bacon junk!! Sorry! I can only eat bacon on a BLT…any thing else is just wrong :-) And right now I would give my right arm for a stack of cookies that have that yummy chocolate in it!!!

• posted Mar 11, 2013 at 7:23 am

I didn’t want to call you out by name or anything…but now that you mention it yourself. Haha. These I think you can get on board with!

8. posted Mar 10, 2013 at 10:31 pm

I have a soft brown sugar cookie recipe that uses both cornstarch and maple extract in it – love it! I bet the toffee adds even more butteriness…I love this flavor profile and so many of my fave cookies are in this ‘family’. Throw in some molasses and I’m even better :)

• posted Mar 11, 2013 at 7:25 am

I’m not a huge molasses fan, it tends to take over the other flavors. But it does add such a depth when I do use it in the right amounts!! The maple is awesome with the toffee though. You described it perfectly “butteriness”!!! Thanks Averie :)

9. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 12:36 am

i love maple! i love toffee!
    so that + that= die of happiness :)

10. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 8:33 am

Mmm these sound like the perfect breakfast cookie

11. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 8:44 am

I’ll take bacon with anything but maple and toffee sounds even better! They look incredible… and it looks like they have the perfect chewy texture!

12. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 9:37 am

Just how I like my cookies- huge and beautiful! These look great- I love maple and toffee!

13. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Oooh, I’m liking this toffee/maple combo! How perfect! Great cookie Aimee!

• posted Mar 29, 2013 at 10:54 am

hello there and thank you in your info – I’ve definitely picked up something new from right here. I did then again expertise a few technical points using this web site, since I skilled to reload the website a lot of instances previous to I could get it to load properly. I were puzzling over if your hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances instances will often impact your placement in google and could injury your quality rating if ads and ***********|advertising|advertising|advertising and *********** with Adwords. Well I am including this RSS to my email and could glance out for a lot extra of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..

14. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 10:17 am

I do love bacon maple cookies and can only imagine that maple and toffee must be incredible together!!

15. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 10:36 am

Omg, these sound amazing. My boyfriend and I just made cornbread cupcakes with maple bacon frosting this weekend and I am definitely on a maple kick now!

16. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 10:57 am

I love the addition of maple! So yummy and those cookies look like they have an amazing texture. Love that!

17. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 11:35 am

I have actually never tried any kind of maple dessert. I didn’t even know there was maple extract! Must find immediately!

18. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Oh my gosh, these look amazing! It’s going to be hard to keep a bar of toffee chocolate for these, but your description convinced me! Pinning!

19. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 2:13 pm

You had me at toffee, then I saw the cookies, and they look extraordinary! I had no idea Grren & Black’s had a toffee bar. I would love that. Who needs pancakes for breakfast when we can have a stack of these?!

• posted Mar 12, 2013 at 7:00 am

Yeah, these would definitely make a great breakfast!!!

20. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 3:42 pm

I am listening loud and clear! And the “next time” I am craving cookies? Heehee I am FOREVER craving cookies 😉 and now I’ll be forever craving THESE cookies…

21. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Love the sound of the maple and toffee combination! I don’t use toffee enough in my baking!

• posted Mar 12, 2013 at 6:57 am

I don’t either, but I think we should change that!!

22. posted Mar 11, 2013 at 8:37 pm

this cookie has the perfect flavor combinations! i would love a dozen of these, please!! toffee is one of my favorite flavors in baking and of course, cookies! :)

23. posted Mar 12, 2013 at 12:25 am

I love maple syrup in cookies! Adding toffee sounds like a wonderful combination!

24. posted Mar 12, 2013 at 8:55 am

Girl, you had me at toffee : )
    These sound amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!

25. posted Mar 12, 2013 at 9:12 am

Maple is one of my favorite flavors and I could eat cookies everyday. This combination is fabulous! I just pinned! Thanks for a great recipe :)

26. posted Mar 12, 2013 at 12:01 pm

These cookies look delicious! Now I need to find that toffee–off to Amazon, they sell everything! Thanks for sharing.

27. posted Mar 12, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Maple and toffee just sound perfect together!!!

28. posted Mar 12, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Maple and toffee, these sound delicious!
    Mackenzie :)

29. posted Mar 13, 2013 at 12:42 am

These cookies look amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

30. posted Mar 13, 2013 at 5:23 pm

These cookies look delicious! And thanks for the toffee recipe, too!

31. posted Mar 14, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Maple and toffee? Be still my heart! These cookies look ultra rich and super chewy–my fave!

• posted Mar 15, 2013 at 7:23 am

Thanks girl! It IS a great combo, and these cookies have a high “chewiness” factor :)

32. posted Mar 15, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Oh my!

33. posted Mar 16, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Though I am not a bacon in my cookies person, the real thing that would bother me about bacon in cookies is proper storage. You don’t usually leave cooked bacon sitting on the counter so I guess you would need to refrigerate the cookies too (or eat them immediately). But your new version, without bacon, sounds great to me! I love how long they stay fresh too! The only maple extract I can find locally is artificially flavored. Do you use one that is naturally flavored?

• posted Mar 16, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Hi Wendy, I use maple flavoring, I guess I should fix that in the ingredients list! Enjoy the recipe :)

34. posted Apr 1, 2014 at 1:15 pm

I’d like to thyank you for the efforts you have
    put in penning this site. I’m hoping too see the same high-grade
    content from you in thhe future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get
    my own, personal website noow 😉

35. cj
    posted Apr 12, 2014 at 11:49 pm

Would love to invite you to share your food photos with us over at Food Foto Gallery . com – There’s no complicated approval process like the big sites. Any photos related to food (that are not watermarked) are accepted & get posted automatically. We also share our daily faves on social media, giving exposure to food bloggers when we can. Let me know if you have any questions and hope to see you at the site :)

36. SH
    posted Dec 10, 2014 at 3:25 pm

A friend requested that I make these and OMG THEY ARE SO AMAZING!!! I usually make a cinnamon chocolate chip cookie for my work holiday party but decided to make these instead; they were an absolute hit! Thank you for the recipe, I will be back for many more!

37. Pingback: Maple Toffee Cookies Recipe | Paradisepin