Coffee Time with Shugary Sweets

by aimee @ shugarysweets on May 10, 2013

Grab your cup of coffee. Be prepared to drool.

coffeetime

Most Drool Worthy Photo: Caramelized Banana Sticky Buns

bananastickybuns

These sticky buns from Heather Christo are made with a banana puree and sliced bananas. Topped with sticky caramel sauce. This is happening in my kitchen. SOON!

I’m Loving It: Shari’s Berries Truffles and Gift sets

sharrisberries

I was recently sent some delicious chocolate to review. I know, I have the best job ever! I received a box of Mother’s day truffles. You know I love a good truffles. They were not only pretty, but they tasted amazing. The dark chocolate ones were my favorite. Each truffle was filled with a smooth, creamy center. Seriously, you need to get some of these ordered for yourself. Or a perfect gift for Mother’s day! There are many other ideas of gifts to send too (Ghirardelli chocolate basket anyone???). At least if hubby and the kids forget to buy dessert we have some of these left to enjoy!

Dinner Inspiration: Balsamic Fish Tacos

Balsamic-Fish-Tacos

This week I shared my recipe for Slow Cooker Balsamic Shredded Beef. These Fish tacos from Dine & Dish are going on the menu this week! They look amazing, and I’m quite sure they taste out of this world too!!

What’s New: Cupcake Lady

cupcakelady

Today I am baking 240 cupcakes for a wedding. I saw this photo on Pinterest this week and thought, OMG that’s me! Well, okay, I’m not going to be walking around at their wedding, but I totally feel like the “cupcake lady” right now. This photo is from Michael Buble’s wedding. Awesome right! Quite a workout for this woman too, think about it. Trying to walk with all those cupcakes. You thought the bride was nervous about tripping in her dress….

Very Pinteresting: Patriotic Rose Cake

patriotic-rose-cake-400x533

I’m working on getting some ideas for Memorial day and 4th of July, when I stumbled on this gorgeous Patriotic Rose cake from I am Baker. It’s so stunning! And the colors are so vibrant! Be sure to follow my Red,White and Blue Pinterest page for more ideas! Then bake this cake and ship it to me. Please!

Most Popular on Shugary Sweets: Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles

peanut-butter-cookie-dough-truffles-1

I’m not surprised this week by your favorite recipe. It’s one of my favorites too! These Peanut Butter cookie dough truffles were decadent. And since they are no bake, you can have PB cookies all summer long (in a delicious chocolate shell)!

Blogging Tips: How to be a better Food Photographer

food-photo-collage

My friend Karly from Buns in my Oven has been sharing some great Photography tutorials. For food bloggers and NON foodies too. She takes the most gorgeous drool worthy photos. Oh, and the pics of her family are stunning. She is the reason I turned my camera to manual and am striving to improve every single time. Go visit her and drool for awhile. She doesn’t mind!

Okay friends, that’s all for today. Remember, I have cupcakes to bake?? What kind of fun things have YOU been up to this week? Anything I should be drooling over? Let me know!

Also, be sure to follow my blog! Connect with Shugary Sweets!

Don’t miss a single recipe!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’ | instagram

**Some links in Coffee Time posts may include affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure Policy for more information! A girl has to pay some bills and buy more chocolate! Thank you to Shari’s Berries for providing me chocolate truffles to review! All opinions are 100% my own.

Sues May 10, 2013 at 7:23 am

OMG that cupcake dress is so ridiculous. In a fabulous way! Also, I must have those cinnamon buns, like, now.

I hope your daughter is OK!
Sues recently posted..Las Vegas Vacation: MGM Grand, Bouchon, and MoreMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 12, 2013 at 9:39 am

I am still in shock with that dress too!! Very ridiculous. And I know how you feel about those cinnamon buns….thanks for stopping by :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Cookies and Cream S’mores BarsMy Profile

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies May 10, 2013 at 8:26 am

Woah. She was WALKING AROUND IN THAT? I thought when I first saw it that she was just standing and posing. Walking? Crazy!
Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies recently posted..Antioxidant Muffins (Chocolate, Orange, and Kale!)My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 12, 2013 at 9:39 am

Walking!! Very crazy right??? Totally took the attention away from the bride I imagine :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Cookies and Cream S’mores BarsMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet May 10, 2013 at 8:42 am

I saw that cupcake lady pic on Pinterest and thought it was hilarious! Happy Baking!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Cool Mint Oreo GranolaMy Profile

Kristen May 10, 2013 at 10:21 am

I think the restraint to resist the cupcakes that lady is wearing would be the hardest :)
Thanks so much for sharing my fish tacos.
Have a GREAT weekend!
Kristen recently posted..Fun S’Mores Fondue Bites – No Fondue Pot RequiredMy Profile

Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen May 10, 2013 at 10:54 am

Oh my. That dress is like something out of cupcake wars!
Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen recently posted..Cake Batter PieMy Profile

Liz May 10, 2013 at 11:07 am

Good luck with all those cupcakes! Have a fantastic weekend! :)
Liz recently posted..Apple Cinnamon Cobblestone MuffinsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 12, 2013 at 9:40 am

Cupcakes done and delivered :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Cookies and Cream S’mores BarsMy Profile

Marcie@Flavorthemoments May 10, 2013 at 1:20 pm

This email came at the perfect time — just sitting at the pharmacy waiting for a prescription with my coffee.
Marcie@Flavorthemoments recently posted..One Hour Rosemary Focaccia BreadMy Profile

Eva @ Eva Bakes May 10, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Was that lady really walking with that cupcake dress? Holy cow!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Salted triple caramel cupcakesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 12, 2013 at 9:42 am

Yep. totally crazy right???
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Cookies and Cream S’mores BarsMy Profile

Meghan @ The Tasty Fork May 10, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I love the cupcake lady!!
Meghan @ The Tasty Fork recently posted..Family Recipe Friday: Chicken and Vegetables with Balsamic GlazeMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks May 10, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Sorry about your daughter’s wrist! Ouch!!!!
And Heather’s rolls…yes, I have those pinned already. Amazing!

Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations May 10, 2013 at 5:26 pm

240 cupcakes sound crazy! But I am glad you don’t have to wear them on your dress. Though that does look kind of cool ;)
I am always looking for new inspiration to improve my food photography so I will definitely have to check out your link.
Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations recently posted..Strawberry Ruffle Cake {for Mother’s Day}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 12, 2013 at 9:42 am

Definitely check out Karly’s site for her photography series!! She’s got some great info :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Cookies and Cream S’mores BarsMy Profile

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust May 10, 2013 at 7:45 pm

You’re my hero Aimee. That many cupcakes? OMG!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Triple Chocolate Oreo CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 12, 2013 at 9:43 am

ha! I know. Done and delivered :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Cookies and Cream S’mores BarsMy Profile

Kathy May 11, 2013 at 11:54 am

That patriotic cake is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I could decorate cakes like that!
Kathy recently posted..Beyond the Kitchen Table 5/11/2013My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 12, 2013 at 9:45 am

I know! I am Baker is quite talented!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Cookies and Cream S’mores BarsMy Profile

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com May 13, 2013 at 3:27 am

That’s a lot of cupcakes, Aimee! You are a pro!

and that cupcake lady? oh my.
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Chocolate Avocado Mousse TartMy Profile

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen May 14, 2013 at 10:26 am

That cupcake lady is cracking me up!
Katrina @ In Katrina’s Kitchen recently posted..Mother’s Day Giveaway: Gourmet Whoopie Pies (closed)My Profile

http://www.rimserv.com/2010/11/increasing-memory-for-ldom-guest.html May 21, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Appreciating the persistence you put into your site and detailed information you present.

It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed information.
Fantastic read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your
RSS feeds to my Google account.
http://www.rimserv.com/2010/11/increasing-memory-for-ldom-guest.html recently posted..http://www.rimserv.com/2010/11/increasing-memory-for-ldom-guest.htmlMy Profile