Orange Julius Fudge

by aimee @ shugarysweets on May 21, 2013

Orange Julius Fudge: creamy orange fudge with a copycat Orange Julius twist! #orange #fudge

Ready to go back in time with me?

Anyone remember going to the mall as a teen in big plastic hoop earrings, wearing BIG hair and jeans rolled up at the bottom? Don’t forget the shirt hanging off one shoulder, the two pairs of colored socks, and the bright pink lipgloss?

Yeah, that was me too. Minus the BIG hair. No matter how hard I tried (read: how much hairspray I used) it never got big. Just sticky and gross.

But it’s okay, because my friends and I would order an Orange Julius from the mall and all would be right in the world of teens.

Today I’m sharing a new fudge recipe over at Food Fanatic. Inspired by my favorite teen drink, this Orange Julius Fudge hits the spot for summer fun!

Averie @ Averie Cooks May 21, 2013 at 8:10 am

I looooove Orange Julius. That used to be the highlight of going to the mall for me :)

And in fudge, even better!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Chocolate-Chip MuffinsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I know! Loved that Orange Julius store….and the mall.

jeff bauer May 21, 2013 at 8:40 am

Doesn’t get better than orange Julius!

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Thanks Jeff :)

Eva @ Eva Bakes May 21, 2013 at 8:42 am

This is definitely a trip down memory lane for me. I definitely rolled my jeans and tried to do the hairspray thing (it didn’t work for me either). Don’t forget the slap bracelets – those were the best!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Blueberry muffins with Greek yogurtMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Oh yeah, slap bracelets. And jelly bracelets!!!

kresta May 21, 2013 at 9:03 am

these look so tasty your photos are so pretty as well.

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet May 21, 2013 at 9:06 am

We used to make orange julius at home all the time when I was kid. I bet these are amazing!!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Mushroom and Celery RisottoMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:10 pm

I have a copycat recipe for Orange Julius drinks too. So good!

Mary. May 21, 2013 at 10:00 am

Did you know, that Orange julius® has now merged, with “DQ” (Dairy Queen)® and now, can be perchased at most “DQ”® outlets, throughout most of the U.S.?

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I had no idea. I will keep my eye out next time at DQ!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust May 21, 2013 at 10:05 am

Orange julius rocks. I swear, this fudge made my drool sensor go into overdrive!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Triple Coconut Cupcakes {cupcake couture blog party}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Haha, thanks Dorothy!!

Marcie@flavorthemoments May 21, 2013 at 10:35 am

This looks so delicious! I’ve always loved an orange Julius, so this fudge is an incredible to me!
Marcie@flavorthemoments recently posted..Roasted StrawberriesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I’m glad you love them too, we really do have the same taste buds :)

Gloria @ Simply Gloria May 21, 2013 at 10:56 am

Oh my! I DO remember the two colored socks…etc! (I thought we were the only ones in Idaho/Utah that did that!) Course, the closest mall was 2 hours away…so we dragged “Main St.” which was a bit further down the dirt road!
I’m pinning these onto my “Oh Fudge” board…and making them for my oldest son when he comes to visit this weekend. He’ll love them!
Gloria @ Simply Gloria recently posted..15 Unique Bacon FavoritesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Ha! Love that it was a fad everywhere! Thanks for pinning :)

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggie May 21, 2013 at 11:34 am

I missed out on the big hair and the off the shoulder shirts, but I did wear a lot of band T-shirts, way too much eye make up, and had hot pink hair. This fudge sounds tasty! I love fruity flavors
Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggie recently posted..Broccoli and Sun-dried Tomato StrataMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Hot pink hair? Oh my, my parents would have killed me!!

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen May 21, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I have to make this for my bf he LOVES orange julius! This fudge is so pretty!
Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen recently posted..Truffle Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie CupsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Thanks Elizabeth! Let me know if you try it :)

Emanuelle May 21, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Yum! These look delicious! I love anything lemony!! :)
Emanuelle recently posted..Sauteed Kale ‘Caesar’ Salad with Crunchy Conchiglie CroutonsMy Profile

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry May 21, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Orange Julius brings back memories for me! And these fudge looks delicious.
Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry recently posted..Easy Rhubarb Vanilla Sweet RollsMy Profile

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) May 21, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Those look like little squares of magic! So cute and I love the citrus and fudge idea!

amallia May 21, 2013 at 3:00 pm

it looks so cute, eye catching and pretty. and of course yummy

Ari @ Ari's Menu May 21, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Hahaha the second I read the title, I was already back in time with you! This looks delicious and perfect for summer!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Spicy Chipotle CheeseburgersMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Thanks for going back in time :)

nessa May 21, 2013 at 6:11 pm

This looks super refreshing!

Jess @ OnSugarMountain May 21, 2013 at 6:13 pm

YAY more fudge! And i love this flavor for summer! :D Heading over to check it out now.
Jess @ OnSugarMountain recently posted..#MuffinMonday : Berry Burst Breakfast MuffinsMy Profile

tanya May 22, 2013 at 5:55 am

Ah yes, how could I forget those days at the mall and that big hair, especially the bangs! I miss Orange Julius, they always tasted better sitting in those orange booths! Good thing I can recreate my favorite drink with this fudge! Another stunning recipe!
tanya recently posted..Turkey Tostada with Raspberry Chipotle SauceMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Thanks girl. Love the orange booths :)

Kathy May 22, 2013 at 8:52 am

Love all your fudge recipes! They are so inspiring! Love Orange Julius! And this fudge looks delicious!
Kathy recently posted..Strawberry Ice CreamMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life May 22, 2013 at 10:57 am

Haha! This totally brought back memories of walking around the mall with the rolled pants and big hair. Oh, and the scrunchies around the wrist? Maybe that was just me :-)
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Cherry Lime CupcakesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 22, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I had scrunchies…but they fell out of my thin hair, LOL!!!!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking May 22, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Awesome looking fudge, and I love the fun flavor! So summery!
Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking recently posted..1-Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie In a MugMy Profile

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen May 23, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Aimee, your Orange Julius Fudge looks simply divine! Never knew you could make fudge with sunshine! ;) xo
Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen recently posted..Strawberry Shortcake with Mixed Berries {paleo}My Profile

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel May 24, 2013 at 5:59 pm

OMG, this fudge is so killer! I LOVED Orange Julius as a kid and teen. We only got it on special excursions to the mall and I would look forward to getting my own jumbo size plus the usual free samples they have :) the blackberry banana was always my fave, but you can’t beat the classic!
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough CannolisMy Profile

Nutmeg Nanny May 25, 2013 at 10:44 am

Oh, yes! I loved orange julius :) this fudge looks fantastic!
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Banana Donuts & Homemade Soda {Arrested Development Party}My Profile

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons May 31, 2013 at 8:48 am

Wow…I am definitely making these! We would love for you to share with our Kitchen Fun & Crafty Friday link party so we can feature them!:) Just put it up! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2013/05/kitchen-fun-crafty-friday-link-party.html

Lori Ray October 2, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Your recipes look SO good! Can’t wait to try some!’

Micki June 8, 2014 at 8:22 pm

We followed this recipe for Orange Julius Fudge exactly and it was a total disaster. It was very expensive to make and it never did set. In addition it was way too sweet. Very disappointed.

aimee @ shugarysweets June 8, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Hmm, I’d love to help you trouble shoot what went wrong. Did you boil this at a rolling boil for the full amount of time? I’ve made this several times, and it’s the base recipe to most of my fudge recipes, so I know it works!! I’m sorry you had troubles!