Cinnamon Graham Crackers

Homemade cinnamon graham crackers topped with PHILADELPHIA Cinnamon Snack Delights. The perfect pair!

**This post is sponsored by PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese. I received compensation and free product, however, ALL opinions are 100% my own. **

Homemade Cinnamon Graham Crackers: delicious, sweet graham crackers. Perfect for snacking or s'mores!

I have a list of food that I want to make. Homemade tortillas, cheese crackers, pita bread, bagels and pretzels are all on that list. I have now scratched graham crackers off my list.

Once you make and eat a homemade graham cracker, you may never want to buy store bought grahams ever again. I wish I had saved some of these crackers for s’mores, but I couldn’t stop snacking on them.

Speaking of snacking, PHILADELPHIA has challenged me to enjoy 100 days of afternoon snacking delight. I tend to not think about what I nibble on in the afternoons. A cookie here. A handful of carrots there. But with this challenge, I’ve thought more about how I eat. And eating delicious foods is of course high on my list of to-dos.

Have you tried the new PHILADELPHIA Snack Delights? I am officially in love. Especially in love with today’s flavor: Cinnamon. This one may be my very favorite. Maybe. How about you all try them and let me know your favorite way to snack!?!?

In the meantime, try making some homemade Cinnamon Graham Crackers. Thanks to Martha for this delicious recipe! The only thing I did differently is I baked my grahams a bit longer. I also didn’t make mine nearly as perfect and pretty. I even baked up my scraps and ate those too! Now I need to try a chocolate version of this recipe!

Connect with PHILADELPHIA for more tasty ideas!

facebook | website

Cinnamon Graham Crackers

Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes

Yield: 20 crackers

• 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup wheat germ
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 2 Tbsp honey

1. In a medium bowl, mix flours, wheat germ, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
  2. In a mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and honey until pale and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
  3. Turn out dough onto a pastry mat or counter top that has been sprinkled with flour. Divide dough into fourths. Roll out each piece between two sheets of parchment paper, into rectangles. Make sure dough is about 1/8inch thick (otherwise it bakes to more of a cookie than a cracker).
  4. Cut dough into graham cracker sized rectangles. Repeating until all dough has been used. Stack parchment paper and dough on a baking sheet and chill in freezer until firm, about 20 minutes.
  5. Remove from freezer and bake crackers on one sheet of parchment paper in a 350 degree F oven. Bake for about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on pan for an additional 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. ENJOY

Looking for more PHILADELPHIA Snack Delight recipes?

This Macadamia Fruit Pizza is delicious. No other words necessary. The White Chocolate Snack Delight is a scrumptious spread!

Two ingredient S’mores Cheesecake Dip is a quick and easy snack. Dessert. Breakfast. Dinner!

Don’t miss a single recipe: connect with Shugary Sweets!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’ | instagram

**I have been selected by Kraft Foods to be an ambassador for PHILADELPHIA cream cheese. While I have been compensated for my time, my opinions are my own.

26 Responses to “Cinnamon Graham Crackers”

1. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 7:03 am

Mmm yum! These look great! I love making grahams!

2. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 7:36 am

I love that there’s whole wheat in these! Graham crackers have been on my to-do list for a while, too. Can’t wait to conquer them!

3. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 8:40 am

wasn’t “national cheesecake day” yesterday? they had someebody from “kraft” (to represent “philly” cream cheese) on my local news @noon. also, the “chew” had a “cheese” topic’d episode. so why didn’t you post this yesterday?

4. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 9:00 am

I need to bite the bullet and make my own cinnamon graham crackers too. These look incredibly easy! These would also make some pretty fantastic s’mores… or s’mores ice cream. Just sayin’. :)

5. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 9:02 am

Love this! I have seen recipes for graham crackers before but never with this amount of wheat germ…it’s like a boost of healthiness to go with the goodness of the graham cracker. I haven’t tried the Philly brand of cinnamon cream cheese (going to now!) but I have tried the Laughing Cow brand…it’s so good!

6. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 9:09 am

Homemade graham crackers!! How fun!

7. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 9:51 am

These graham crackers look so tasty! Yummy!

8. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 11:01 am

I love homemade graham crackers!!!!

9. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 11:47 am

Homemade graham crackers are on my list of foods to make at home! I’ve been trying to find a recipe for ages, so I’m happy to see this. These look like they came from a box from the grocery store!

10. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Love these homemade graham crackers, Aimee! I bet these would make killer s’mores!

11. Marcie
    posted Jul 31, 2013 at 1:03 pm

I haven’t tried the snack delights yet. We always have cream cheese in the house, and we do use flavored varieties between graham crackers…so good! I love the idea of making homemade grahams and will get to it soon! Looks delicious!

12. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I can’t believe how easy these look! I always avoided them because I thought they required fancy ingredients or something.

• posted Jul 31, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I had seen some recipes that called for graham flour, but I wanted to make them using easy to find ingredients! they tasted great too :)

13. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Oh, I LOVE graham crackers! Cinnamon happen to be my favorite, and one of my absolute fave snacks is cinnamon grahams shmeared with peanut butter! SO yummy.

• posted Jul 31, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I swear you would fit in around here. Many days grahams and PB are my kids “sandwiches” for lunch!

14. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 5:22 pm

I read a book about a month ago The Blue Bistro, and the chef in the book makes homemade crackers. Its a huge deal. I totally wanted to make them after reading the book. I’m definitely going to have to try these now.

• posted Jul 31, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Yes! give them a try. cheese crackers are next on my list…

15. Des
    posted Jul 31, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I’ve only made homemade graham crackers once and they were gluten free and I loved them. I’m sure I would love these even more!

16. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Yum! I have had homemade graham crackers on my list forever! This recipe looks great Aimee! And pairing it with the Philadelphia is perfect!

• posted Aug 1, 2013 at 7:41 am

Thanks Liz, they were much easier to make than I thought! Next up: cheese crackers!

17. posted Jul 31, 2013 at 9:57 pm

this looks so good! I love the Philly cream cheeses! Such a genius product. I also clicked over to your 2 ingredient S’mores Cheesecake Dip – OMYWORD! you are speaking my love language right there!

18. posted Aug 1, 2013 at 9:07 am

I love homemade graham crackers! I bet they taste amazing covered in cinnamon cream cheese!

19. posted Aug 1, 2013 at 8:38 pm

How did I miss this post? Oh my goodness.
    All I can say is, wow. Wow.
    These look like… amazing. Seriously. I adore cinnamon. And graham crackers? This might sound kind of weird, but I think they’re better than cookies.
    Warm homemade graham crackers? Oh my gosh.
    Pinning. Bookmarking. Loving these.

20. posted Aug 9, 2013 at 12:27 am

Graham crackers are a serious addiction of mine. They last about 2 seconds in front of me. What a great way to save some money by making them at home!

21. posted Aug 9, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Oh my! I love homemade graham crackers, it isn’t easy to go back to boxed :) sounds perfect