Heavenly Hash Brownie Bites

by aimee @ shugarysweets on August 11, 2013

Some call it Rocky Road, some say Heavenly Hash. Either way these little brownie bites are perfection!

Heavenly Hash Brownies: otherwise known as Rocky Road Brownie Bites. YUM!

I remember growing up and at every birthday party there were at least two choices of ice cream to have with your cake. In my family, your choices were usually Neapolitan or Heavenly Hash.

Does anyone remember Heavenly Hash? Do they still make it? Or call it that? Seems now it’s always called Rocky Road.

Heavenly Hash Brownies: otherwise known as Rocky Road Brownie Bites. YUM!

Heavenly Hash was always my first choice. The swirls of marshmallow and the crunch of almonds in a chocolate ice cream. I can taste it now (and I think I need to go out for ice cream today)!

Today’s recipe is my version of Heavenly Hash, in brownie form. The little brownie bites are pure dark chocolate bliss. I added chopped almonds to the brownies. Then I topped each brownie with a marshmallow frosting, a drizzle of chocolate and more chopped nuts.

Heavenly Hash Brownies: otherwise known as Rocky Road Brownie Bites. YUM!

I can proudly say, these are Heavenly.

Heavenly Hash Brownies: otherwise known as Rocky Road Brownie Bites. YUM!

Connect with Shugary Sweets! I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

Heavenly Hash Brownie Bites

Rating: 51

Yield: 48 brownie bites

For the brownies:
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
  • For the frosting:
  • 1 cup marshmallow cream (Fluff)
  • 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
  • 3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • For the garnish:
  • 1 cup milk chocolate, melted
  • 1/4 cup almonds, crushed

1. In a large bowl, mix melted butter, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, eggs and almonds together until fully blended. Using baking spray, coat mini muffin tins generously with spray. Drop batter by large tablespoon into mini muffin tins. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow brownies to cool 15 minutes in tin, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.
  2. For the frosting, beat fluff, butter, powdered sugar and heavy cream with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes, until fluffy. Scoop one large tablespoon onto cooled brownie bites.
  3. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed almonds. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. ENJOY!

Notes

**Pour melted chocolate into a ziploc sandwich bag. Snip off the tip and drizzle over frosting.

Brownie Bites with Root Beer frosting are a fun, delicious way to enjoy a two-bite chocolate treat!

brownies

This is my absolute favorite, go-to, from scratch, Dark Chocolate Brownie recipe!

dark-chocolate-brownies-2

Want a fun brownie twist? These Milky Way Double Fudge brownies are a sweet tooth favorite!

brownies-685x1024

These is no shortage of brownie recipes on the web. Here are few of my favorite versions:

Chocolate Chunk Brownies from Something Swanky

Buckeye Brownies from Buns in my Oven

Reese’s Rocky Road Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life August 11, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Holy cow girl! I now have the most intense craving for dark chocolate brownies and frosting! These look awesome!!!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Oreo Fudge Cappuccino Ice CreamMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet August 11, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Had you not talked about this I would of never have remembered Heavenly Hash! My parents always had that ice cream in our freezer! Thanks for the memory, these look fantastic!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Blueberry FrittersMy Profile

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) August 11, 2013 at 8:59 pm

LOOOOVE these! They look amazing. I’ve never heard rocky road called heavenly hash before hehe love it
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) recently posted..Something Saturdays (8/10/13)My Profile

Sarah August 11, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Ugh, you always make the most gorgeous, decadent, chocolate treats!
Sarah recently posted..Gluten Free, Dairy Free Raspberry Soufflés with Chocolate SauceMy Profile

Veronica August 12, 2013 at 12:14 am

I’ve never heard it called Heavenly Hash! But whatever name you give these little beauties, they surely sound delish!
Veronica recently posted..Easy Salisbury Steaks with Onion GravyMy Profile

Eva @ Eva Bakes August 12, 2013 at 12:34 am

These look heavenly all right!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Fudgy cocoa browniesMy Profile

Tanya Schroeder August 12, 2013 at 7:41 am

Little bites of heaven for sure! Funny, I never eat ice cream with cake now, but as a kid, loved neapolitan!
Tanya Schroeder recently posted..Crockpot Pizza LasagnaMy Profile

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life August 12, 2013 at 8:50 am

Heavenly Hash is new to me, but I have a feeling these would be my best friends! Marshmallow cream covered chocolate cupcakes?! Yes, yes, yes! And mini things are my favorite – you can eat more!
Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life recently posted..Coconut Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate SnickerdoodlesMy Profile

Jess August 12, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Oh my do these look good!! :) Pinning for later!
Jess recently posted..Link Up #10 and a GiveawayMy Profile

Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats August 12, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Mmmmm these look amazing! The perfect size too. I’ve never heard of Heavenly Hash but I’m thinking I’d dig it!
Julie @ Julie’s Eats & Treats recently posted..Texan TacosMy Profile

irma August 12, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Can u make this with boxed brownie mix to save time ?

Abbie August 12, 2013 at 3:25 pm

These look SO good! I love the idea of making them bite-sized brownies. :)
Pinning this!
Abbie recently posted..dark chocolate zucchini browniesMy Profile

Marcie@Flavorthemoments August 12, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I remember heavenly hash but haven’t seen it for years. Honestly, I read your title and had a flashback! These look so delicious with that marshmallow cloud on top. They do look heavenly.
Marcie@Flavorthemoments recently posted..Key Lime BarsMy Profile

Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts August 12, 2013 at 7:10 pm

These definitely do look heavenly. Yum!!

Mrs. Herb August 13, 2013 at 8:44 am

I had no idea what heavenly hash was (only Rocky Road!) but it DOES sounds heavenly! The crunchy almonds with the marshmallow and dark chocolate….Drooling.
Mrs. Herb recently posted..Flourless Chocolate CakeMy Profile

Sheila @ Sweet Baked Life August 13, 2013 at 10:35 am

I have never heard of Heavenly Hash, however my husband is a huge Rocky Road lover, will definitely be making these — incredible! Love the photos too!
Sheila @ Sweet Baked Life recently posted..Dark Chocolate Hot Fudge SauceMy Profile

Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar August 13, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I’ve never heard of heavenly hash, but I do know rocky road. The word “hash” just brings so many things other than delicious brownies to mind, haha. They look delicious!
Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar recently posted..Strawberry and Blueberry Oatmeal Cheesecake Cookie BarsMy Profile

Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper August 13, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Heavenly indeed! Although I’ve never heard of this combo being called that.
Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper recently posted..Vegetable Fried RiceMy Profile

Tonia@thegunnysack August 14, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Sounds amazing! Pinned!
Tonia@thegunnysack recently posted..DIY Embellished Party NapkinsMy Profile

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts August 14, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Doesn’t really matter what they call it, I want it! These brownies look amazing!
Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts recently posted..Biscoff Ice Cream #BiscoffSpreadsLoveMy Profile

Des August 16, 2013 at 1:19 am

I could really go for one of these right now! I have never heard of Heavenly Hash before but I am a huge rocky road fan :)
Des recently posted..Spicy Grilled Sweet and Sour ChickenMy Profile

Nutmeg Nanny August 23, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Oh goodness, these brownie bites look dreamy and definitely addicting :)
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Greek Yogurt Chicken SaladMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets August 23, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Yes dreamy. Yes addicting :)