Apple Pie Dip
Creamy Apple Pie Dip made with greek yogurt and apple butter (and more!). I’ll be serving this at all our get togethers this Fall!
Remember last month when I made this Pumpkin Pie dip? Yeah, I have been obsessing over that dip. And I realized I needed to make an apple version.
You all thought maybe apple week had ended? Surprise! I had this gem of a recipe waiting to share with you all.
I used Apple Butter instead of pumpkin to add some flavor to my dip. It’s so light and fluffy! And it is the perfect dip for nearly anything…apples, pretzels, cookies, a spoon.
Or you could make your own cinnamon pie crust chips using Pillsbury Pie Crust. It’s so easy to make, and gives the apple dip a true “PIE” taste! To make it, I unrolled my pie crust, brushed on 1 Tbsp melted butter and sprinkled with a cinnamon sugar mix. I cut them into little rectangles (any shape would do just fine) and baked. This was MY favorite way to eat the dip!
If you prefer to not use Cool Whip (I know there are some anti CW people) you can use homemade whipped cream (make sure you sweeten it first, or add a little extra sugar to the recipe). Just know that Cool Whip stabilizes the dip a little better than homemade whipped cream, which means it lasts longer. Something to keep in mind!
And now, I’m off to make some pumpkin desserts….
Apple Pie Dip
Yield: serves 8-10
Prep Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
For the dip:
- 6 oz Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened apple butter
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 8oz Cool Whip
For the chips:
- 1 pkg Pillsbury pie crust, thawed
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar mix
- For the dip, whisk yogurt with sugars and apple butter until combined. Add in seasonings. Fold in Cool Whip. Refrigerate dip at least one hour to allow flavors to combine. Serve cold with cinnamon chips, apples, pretzels, etc.
- For the chips, unroll pie crusts. Brush one tablespoon butter onto each crust. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Lay onto a piece of parchment paper and cut into squares (or any shape).
- Separate pieces slightly and bake in a 450 degree oven for 10-11 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
Looking for more Apple Recipes?
Check out this collection of over 75 recipes!