Root Beer Float Truffles

by aimee @ shugarysweets on October 20, 2013

If you LOVE Root Beer floats then these delicious Root Beer Float TRUFFLES are for you. Well, not really FOR you, but the recipe is all YOURS.

Root Beer Float Truffles recipe

Summer is over. Like, officially.

Which is okay, because it seems like we are getting some nice fall weather. I love wearing jeans and sweaters and of course brown is my favorite color. Is that weird? To love brown??

Know what else is brown?

Root Beer.

Root Beer Float Truffles recipe

Nice lead-in right??? Yeah, it doesn’t matter the season, I love root beer YEAR ROUND.

Which means, I could eat root beer truffles YEAR ROUND.

Which means I am round. Wait. What?

Okay, want the recipe to be round Root Beer Truffles? Head on over to Food Fanatic today!! You can PRINT the recipe too!

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet October 20, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Say no more! I’m sold! And grey is my favorite color so you are not weird!

aimee @ shugarysweets October 22, 2013 at 7:33 am

I love grey!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Root Beer Float TrufflesMy Profile

Medeja October 21, 2013 at 5:24 am

It looks fantastic!

Megan - The Emotional Baker October 21, 2013 at 6:01 am

Wow! What a creative truffle flavor! I’ll have to try these.
Megan – The Emotional Baker recently posted..Sugar CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets October 22, 2013 at 7:34 am

aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Root Beer Float TrufflesMy Profile

Eva @ Eva Bakes October 21, 2013 at 8:49 am

I can’t even tell you how much I LOVE root beer floats. A good root beer float has the perfect root beer to ice cream ratio (usually it’s too much root beer or too much ice cream). I have some root beer concentrate in my pantry, and I might be making these soon to satisfy my wintertime root beer float cravings. Thanks, Aimee!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..White cupcakes with chocolate buttercreamMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets October 22, 2013 at 7:34 am

Agree completely Eva!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Root Beer Float TrufflesMy Profile

Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik October 21, 2013 at 10:12 am

Root beer truffles!??? Love it!
Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik recently posted..Ghost CookiesMy Profile

Audra | The Baker Chick October 21, 2013 at 11:42 am

Wow- these sound amazing! I’m off to check the recipe out :)

DessertForTwo October 21, 2013 at 11:57 am

Brown is great! Brown food tastes the best, too: seared meat, chocolate, root beer. Let’s do this brown food thing!

aimee @ shugarysweets October 22, 2013 at 7:36 am

Haha, yes, you named all my favorites!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Root Beer Float TrufflesMy Profile

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life October 21, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Oh yeah! Root beer has always been my favorite soda pop as well! Putting it in truffles sounds fantastic!
Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life recently posted..Things I’m Loving (#4)My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets October 22, 2013 at 7:37 am

Thanks!! I wish I could give you these :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Root Beer Float TrufflesMy Profile

tahnycooks October 21, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Root-beer is totally one of my favorite flavors. It’s one of those childhood flavors an once I smell it and taste it I have great flashbacks with my father. Great recipe!

Oh, I love the color brown too, but my favorite color is orange, which is perfect for this season!
tahnycooks recently posted..Apple Pie Trail MixMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets October 22, 2013 at 7:40 am

I love Orange. Not to wear though, I look ridiculous in orange. But love it around the home. Plus, orange. Pumpkin. YUM.
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Root Beer Float TrufflesMy Profile

Melissa October 21, 2013 at 1:24 pm

These sound delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel October 21, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Now you’ve got me craving a root beer float. I haven’t had one in years!!! This would be such a fun substitute :)
Rachel @ Baked by Rachel recently posted..How To: Soften Butter QuicklyMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets October 22, 2013 at 7:41 am

Year???? Oh my gosh, if I go a couple weeks without one I get the shakes!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Root Beer Float TrufflesMy Profile

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent October 21, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Love the idea of using such a unique flavor in truffles. I love brown too by the way :) Not a bad color at all.
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Halloween CookiesMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain October 21, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Oh these truffles would be awesome in a little goodie bag for my friends this holiday season! Is it too early to admit I am planning for that? Oh well, too late! ;)
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Fall Fest 2013My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets October 22, 2013 at 7:41 am

Not too early at all. Just got a treat done yesterday with peppermint :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Root Beer Float TrufflesMy Profile

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking October 21, 2013 at 6:08 pm

What a fun flavor for truffles, I love it! And there is nothing wrong with loving brown! It’s the color of all my favorite fall boots, of course! ;)
Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking recently posted..Cheesy Scalloped Potato GratinMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets October 22, 2013 at 7:42 am

And my boots as well…good point :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Root Beer Float TrufflesMy Profile

carolinaheartstrings October 21, 2013 at 8:01 pm

These look terrific. I cannot wait to make these for my family. YUM!

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life October 21, 2013 at 9:34 pm

These do sound delicious! I am probably the odd man out when I say I don’t like root beer floats, but I’m sure I would love it in truffle form!!!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Chicken Fajita Queso DipMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets October 22, 2013 at 7:45 am

you’re always the odd one Jocelyn :) Kidding, anything coated in white chocolate does taste better!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Root Beer Float TrufflesMy Profile

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen October 22, 2013 at 2:31 am

AMAZING!
Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen recently posted..Cookie Butter Sea Salt TrufflesMy Profile

Jamie@Milk N Cookies October 22, 2013 at 6:47 am

Oh my, root beer floats in truffle form? What a great idea! I didn’t know that there was such a thing as root beer concentrate. My brain is turning with all the possibilities…Thanks for the inspiration!
Jamie@Milk N Cookies recently posted..Big Apple New York-Style Crumb CakeMy Profile

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction October 22, 2013 at 10:15 am

What a great flavor for truffles! Love it!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Easy Peanut Butter Apple CrispMy Profile

Brenda @ SweetSimpleStuff October 24, 2013 at 12:15 am

I have a root beer lovin’ family … recently discovered that Red Robin serves Root Beer Floats with refills … hardly any room left for the burgers! Love the truffles :)
Brenda @ SweetSimpleStuff recently posted..Halloween Cupcakes … cute and not too scary!My Profile

Nutmeg Nanny October 29, 2013 at 2:43 pm

This is a fantastic idea :) I am sure I’d get quickly addicted to these truffles!

Meghan @ The Tasty Fork November 5, 2013 at 9:09 am

Root Beer Floats totally remind me of being a kid!! Will these truffles make me feel more youthful??!! :) Love this recipe!! It’s pinned and I’ll be sharing on my facebook page this afternoon.
Meghan @ The Tasty Fork recently posted..More than 20 Special Cake and Pie Recipes for the HolidaysMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 5, 2013 at 10:05 am

Thanks for sharing Meghan. And yes, totally more youthful.

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen November 5, 2013 at 12:04 pm

During my first pregnancy I craved root beer like CAH-RAZY! These made me smile to remember that!
Katrina @ In Katrina’s Kitchen recently posted..Soft Batch Frosted Vanilla CookiesMy Profile