“Best of” Shugary Sweets 2013- Family Favorites

by aimee @ shugarysweets on December 31, 2013

I’m counting down my family’s favorite recipes from 2013. I asked each member of my family to pick TWO of their favorite recipes from the blog this year! It was fun to see what everyone chose!

Be sure to look back at THIS POST to see the “fan favorites” of 2013!

12 of my family's favorite recipes on Shugary Sweets

**To pin this entire collection, pin the image above. Or, click on each link below to take you to individual recipes!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

michael2013

Gumdrop Fudge   &   Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers

My husband, Michael, LOVES chewy fruity candy, this fudge was right up his alley. And spicy sausage on a crusty french roll? Yeah, that’s his kind of comfort food!

aimee2013

Lemon Meringue Fudge  &  Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

I love homemade lemon curd, so this lemon meringue fudge was one of my absolute favorite recipes this year. And coffee cake, well, it’s just a perfect recipe.

alex2013

Pepperoni Pizza Dip  &  Turtle Cheeseball

My son, Alex, was all about the dip recipes this year. Pepperoni Pizza is his favorite, so this dip was a no brainer. And turtle cheeseball, he devoured this all on his own!

alyssa2013

Strawberry Donuts  &  Butterfinger Cookie Bars

My daughter, Alyssa, loves a quick breakfast. These donuts were gobbled up quickly, and they taste like our favorite Dunkin Donuts. The Butterfinger cookie bars had a middle layer of fudge and of course included one of her favorite candies, Butterfingers!

tessa2013

Chocolate Donut Milkshakes  &  Santa Hat Oreo cookie balls

My daughter, Tessa, begged for refills on this milkshake. The OREO truffles were a big hit at her school, with her and her friends at lunchtime!

cassidy2013

Jelly Bean Fruit Punch bark  &  Easy homemade Caramel Sauce

My youngest daughter, Cassidy, is just like her daddy. She loves fruity candy and this Jelly Bean bark was her favorite treat. She also loves anything with caramel, especially homemade caramel!!

family

Happy New Year, from my family to yours!!

Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon December 31, 2013 at 7:23 am

Oooh, so many good choices! Wishing I had some of that coffee cake right now. Fun to see what they each choose! Happy New Year, Aimee!
Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon recently posted..Top 10 Recipes of 2013My Profile

Jade @ Bits & Bobs December 31, 2013 at 9:49 am

I’ve taken a look at the Slow Cooker Sausage and Pepper recipe… Anything with sausages and anything slow cooked is my idea of comfort food. Thanks for sharing!
:-)
Jade @ Bits & Bobs recently posted..Going In To 2014 – Life GoalsMy Profile

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor December 31, 2013 at 11:05 am

So fun! And I agree, the fudge and coffee cake are two of my favorites as well! Happy New Year, Aimee!
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor recently posted..Spoonful of Flavor – Best of 2013My Profile

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 31, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Everything looks amazing! I love the chocolate donut milkshake! Happy New Years to you and your beautiful family!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Readers Choice – Your top 10 Recipes of 2013My Profile

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent December 31, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Isn’t it interesting how fan favorites are not the same as the most popular fan favorites :) Thanks for sharing. Happy New Years!
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..Cheese FondueMy Profile

TidyMom December 31, 2013 at 1:24 pm

What a delicious year Aimee!! Here’s to a tasty 2014! Happy New Year!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction December 31, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Looks like some great favorites! Happy New Year, Aimee!!

Averie @ Averie Cooks December 31, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I love this idea and I am on Team Alyssa :) Great picks! haha – seriously though, love everyone’s!! picks. You had a great year, Aimee!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..CarmelitasMy Profile

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness December 31, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Aimee! Your family is SO flippin adorable! Love all these recipes…my hubby would so be all over that slow cooker sausage and pepper sandwich! Can’t wait to see what you make me want to stuff my face with in 2014! Happy New Year Girl! :)
Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness recently posted..Spicy Tuna Bites {Low Carb, Low Calorie, Low Fat, High Protein & GF}My Profile

Emily @ Life on Food December 31, 2013 at 7:24 pm

My favorite is the Santa hat Oreos. Too cute for the holidays! Happy New Year!
Emily @ Life on Food recently posted..Readers’ Favorites for 2013My Profile

Jenny January 1, 2014 at 9:08 am

Love all their choices!! You have a beautiful family! Happy New Year!

Anna (Hidden Ponies) January 1, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Love that they all had their own favourites, what a beautiful family :)
Anna (Hidden Ponies) recently posted..Sticky Toffee Pudding CakeMy Profile

Chrissy January 1, 2014 at 4:43 pm

These all look amazing! You have such beautiful photos too! Happy New Year!
Chrissy recently posted..34 Fun Craft Stick ProjectsMy Profile

Carol January 2, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Happy New Year and thanks for the great recipes

katie January 3, 2014 at 8:17 am

mmm so many tasty recipes! It was great meeting you (and hanging out) in 2013! Happy New Year!
katie recently posted..Smoked Paprika and Shallot Brussels SproutsMy Profile