Chocolate Sprinkle Kiss Cookies

Have some family fun this Holiday by starting your own traditions! Of course, baking cookies is one way to have fun! These Chocolate Kiss Sprinkle Cookies are a great way to get everyone in the kitchen!

Chocolate Cookies with Hershey's Kisses and holiday sprinkles!

So recently, I asked on facebook, what is your favorite holiday cookie. WOW. I had so many responses! And there was an overwhelming answer: Peanut Butter Blossoms.

If you’re not sure what peanut butter blossoms are, they are peanut butter cookies with a Hershey’s Kisses Chocolate pressed into the center. YUM.

But before we get to today’s recipe, let’s talk family fun. Specifically, HOLIDAY fun.

What kinds of things does YOUR family do this time of year to create lasting memories? Do you start your own traditions or do you repeat those favorite activities from childhood?

I know this sounds totally cliche, but we LOVE watching holiday movies. And of course, we LOVE baking and eating cookies.

Every year we make a big batch of sugar cookies. Complete with frosting and lots of sprinkles. If you’ve ever had kids decorating cookies in your kitchen, you understand the headache of sprinkles and frosting everywhere. No matter how much parchment paper I lay out, there is inevitably a jar of sprinkles that “accidentally” spills, there are dabs of frosting on the seat cushions, and of course I find cinnamon red hots on the floor for weeks!

But, while it may be frustrating to clean up after this activity, I know one day I’ll be sad when there’s no one at home to decorate cookies. Well, I guess my hubs and I can do it together, but it definitely won’t be the same. Although, I’m sure he would dump a jar of sprinkles just to make me feel better.

Chocolate Cookies with Hershey's Kisses and holiday sprinkles!

So today’s cookie needed sprinkles. LOTS of them! However, they didn’t make a big mess. After you make your dough, roll it up into balls. Roll each ball into sprinkles (that you poured into a shallow bowl). Bake them up and press the kiss into the center immediately after removing from the oven. And enjoy. While watching movies. Or decorating your Christmas tree. Or whatever holiday tradition YOU enjoy!

Today I’ve also joined up with some of my friends to share some Reese’s and Hershey’s holiday treats. At the end of today’s post, check out some of these delicious recipes for your holiday baking!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Chocolate Kiss Sprinkle Cookies

Yield: 3-4 dozen

Delicious, chewy chocolate cookies rolled in holiday sprinkles and topped with a Hershey's Kisses Chocolate candy.

• 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
  • 36-48 Hershey's Kisses Chocolates, unwrapped
  • sprinkles

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar together. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add flour, cocoa powder and peppermint. Mix until fully combined.
  2. Pour sprinkles into a shallow bowl.
  3. Scoop dough into a ball (large tablespoon amount) and roll in hands. Roll in sprinkles, pressing them onto cookie gently. Place cookie onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
  4. Bake in a 365 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press with an unwrapped Hershey's Kisses Chocolate candy. Cool on wire rack.
  5. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to one week. ENJOY.

Depending on temperature of kitchen, you may want to chill dough about 30 minutes prior to rolling into balls.

34 Responses to “Chocolate Sprinkle Kiss Cookies”

1. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 6:25 am

Love those pretty sprinkles — and that glitter box. NEED!!

2. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 7:17 am

These are so pretty! Anything with Hershey’s Kisses are always a good idea….and an extra good idea when you load ’em up with sprinkles. Love these!

3. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 7:44 am

Yes, Peanut Butter Blossoms are my favorite too!! But I like to change it up as well and these look fun to make with the kids by putting out different bowls of sprinkles and letting them go to town…..and yes, my kitchen will be a wreck after making these, but who cares….these look great!! Pinning – I’ll definitely will be making these this week!! :)

4. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 8:10 am

These look delicious! Such gorgeous photos of them, which isn’t always the easiest thing with chocolate cookies. :)

5. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 8:10 am

Anything that involves Hershey Kisses, I’m in. For sure! They look perfect. Pinned.

6. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 8:56 am

These look delicious! I love how colorful they are! For my family, I have incorporated some things that we did when I was little, but also have started some of our own traditions. It’s so fun to have young kids at Christmas! The excitement is so fun to watch!

7. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 8:58 am

They look so good, Aimee! The Kisses are perfect! You must not have fingerprints b/c I didn’t see a single fingerprint on any of that shiny chocolate :) pinned

8. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 9:01 am

Beautiful cookies! These are my husband’s favorite!

9. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 10:17 am

The holidays are not complete without some form of a kiss cookie! My kids always have fun making them.

10. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 10:33 am

These are so adorable :)

11. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 11:04 am

Sprinkles and kisses… Sign me up!

12. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 11:57 am

They look so cute with all the sprinkles. Love sprinkles! We try to play more games around Christmas, but we have holiday movies on in the background :)

13. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 12:12 pm

These are just so pretty and I love how you packaged them. Sprinkles and Kisses…two needed things for Christmas cookies. We always bake with the kids too…eeeiikk to the mess, but definitely fun memories.

14. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 12:31 pm

holiday movies are one of my fave parts of the season :)

I love that you made these “blossoms” extra chocolatey (and festive with sprinkless)!!

15. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Peanut butter blossoms are always on cookie platters … there is a reason! The sprinkles, the kisses, it all makes this cookie so pretty!

16. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 2:15 pm

These cookies are so cute and festive! I love them.

17. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Super cute! I’m making my Christmas cookies this week. I can’t wait..Maybe I’ll add these to the bunch.

18. posted Dec 16, 2013 at 10:52 pm

I love sprinkles! These cookies look so gorgeous and festive – I’d be eating them all day long!

19. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I love this twist on the blossom cookie … sprinkles are an added bonus :)

20. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Blossom cookies are so much fun to make with friends and family! We used to make them for the baking club around this time of year. So delicious and so adorable! 😀

21. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 6:39 pm

LOVE the sprinkles on these, and I love the packaging! These are just holiday perfection!

22. posted Dec 18, 2013 at 9:36 am

These are so festive and pretty….and they look so chocolatey! Love the sprinkles, of course. :)

23. posted Dec 20, 2013 at 9:11 pm

My favorite Christmas pastime is driving around and looking at Christmas lights”! My parents used to take my brother and I to a nearby neighborhood that had the entire street decorated in lights! It was great!

These cookies are pretty great too. I love cookie a with the kisses on top. And thee are just perfect for Christmas. Thanks for sharing, Aimee.

24. Geri Heppe
    posted Dec 22, 2013 at 7:31 pm

The chocolate kiss sprinkle cookies came out very dry – what might I have done wrong? There are no eggs in this recipe so I wondered if something else is not quite right. Thank you.

• posted Dec 19, 2014 at 7:40 am

There are two eggs in the recipe…maybe that was what went wrong? :)

25. posted Dec 23, 2013 at 9:58 pm

festive and yummy!

26. posted Dec 23, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Looked yummy. Could taste them in my mind! However batter not thick enough to roll… Spread out when baked … Tasty but chewy. What went wrong! Also only made two dozen!

27. posted Jan 25, 2014 at 12:03 am

That looks like SO much fun and so delicious!! I didn’t eat any cookies this weekend, sadly
    :( :(

28. Pingback: Joy is catching up…

29. Pingback: 10 Kiss Cookies Recipe To Try At Home!

30. Kim
    posted Nov 12, 2014 at 7:05 pm

In the process of making these cookies, they are sooooo gooey. You can’t even roll them Ina ball. I did everything this recipe said to do and it’s for some reason not right. I think the recipe owner needs to go back and try again!

• posted Nov 12, 2014 at 7:46 pm

The recipe calls for refrigerating the dough if it’s too soft. Have you tried this?

31. Pingback: 35 Best Holiday Cookie and Candy Recipes | A Life in Balance

32. Linda
    posted Dec 15, 2014 at 12:54 am

I made these for a cookie exchange this weekend. Had I done a test run, I would not have picked these for the exchange as I had to make 18 doz. That being said..when all was said and done they turned out great. The cookie remains chewy, and all who tasted them like them. The reason I would not have chosen them is because they were difficult to roll…dough was very soft….frosting consistency. I had to keep the dough in the refrigerator in 2 separate containers so I could roll 1 dozen, put that dough back in the refrigerator and take out the next container, which did help, but still very messy. I will definitely keep them in my cookie list, just won’t commit to 18 dozen again…lol. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
    BTW…one last comment,….I made a batch using cold butter and didn’t level off the cup of flour to see if it would help the consistency. Not by much, but it did not affect the taste or the texture of the baked cookie. Thanks again.