Gingerbread Biscotti

Crunchy Gingerbread Biscotti with White Chocolate! So easy to make and it ships well too!

This post is sponsored by Dorot and Pop & Cook. All opinions expressed are 100% my own!

Gingerbread Biscotti: perfect, crunchy biscotti recipe

Last week I had jury duty. In my Ohio county, you get selected and you have to call the night before to see if you need to show up. You do this for two weeks. Most people keep their fingers crossed for two weeks that they don’t get selected.

I was not so lucky last week. Although, having served (my first time in my 40 yr life) it was quite interesting. From the jury selection process to the trial all the way to the verdict. It was like it is in movies…but not!

Here is what I learned.

I learned I really love working from home.

Coming home four days last week after being gone 8+ hours at the courthouse…it’s hard work. There was no dinner ready. The laundry kept piling up. I still had kids to take to sports, high school swim meets and help with homework! By the time I would get home from running around, it was nearly 9pm each night. My husband was great, but we are so out numbered!

Needless to say, my house was a wreck. We ate fast food more times than I can count. And my blog work was barely touched.

But today, we are back on track. Kids are at school, my dryer has been running for about 12 hours straight, and the coffee pot is full. Life is good.

Enjoying a cup of coffee with a crunchy piece of biscotti is by far one of my favorite indulgences. Some of you may love a cookie or a brownie. But for me…it’s biscotti.

I used Dorot Crushed Ginger in today’s recipe. Have you seen these frozen herbs yet?

I first shared them with you last month in my Turkey Noodle Soup. I used the crushed garlic and chopped basil.

Pop and Cook

You can find these at Walmart in the purple packages under the name Pop & Cook.

Dorot garlic and herbs

Elsewhere they are in the red packages under the name Dorot. I love keeping these handy in my freezer. And the crushed ginger was put to good use in today’s recipe. I popped out the frozen ginger cube and let it thaw for a few minutes while getting my ingredients and baking sheet ready. The depth of flavor in using this fresh (frozen) ginger is incredible compared to using a spice in a jar. Trust me on this!

And gingerbread is so perfect for this holiday season. Biscotti is one of those great treats that can be packaged and shipped. Make sure you put it into an airtight container (or ziploc bag) before packaging.

Gingerbread Biscotti: perfect, crunchy biscotti recipe

Connect with Dorot and Pop & Cook on Facebook.

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Gingerbread Biscotti

Yield: 12 large biscotti

Crunchy Gingerbread Biscotti is easy to make and delicious too. Have your coffee ready!

• 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 Tbsp molasses
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp allspice
  • 1 cube Dorot crushed ginger (or 1 tsp), thawed
  • 2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup sparkling white sugar
  • 4 oz vanilla candy coating, melted

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar until combined. Add in eggs and molasses. Beat in spices, flour, and baking powder.
  3. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, shape dough into a 12x4 inch rectangle, patting evenly. Sprinkle with sparkling white sugar. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Slice biscotti into 12, one inch wide slices. Arrange biscotti onto sides, separating them on the baking sheet. Return to oven and bake an additional 6 minutes. Remove and turn them to opposite side, bake another 6 minutes.
  4. Remove biscotti and cool completely.
  5. Once cooled, dip bottom of biscotti in melted vanilla candy coating. Set back on parchment paper until set, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container. ENJOY.

For the crushed ginger, thaw on counter while getting ingredients and baking sheet ready. OR, place in a small glass bowl and microwave for 5-10 seconds.

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

**I have been selected to be a brand ambassador for Dorot and Pop & Cook. I have been compensated for my time. All opinions expressed are 100% my own!**

41 Responses to “Gingerbread Biscotti”

1. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 9:27 am

What pretty biscotti!! Where did you get the mug in the first photo? Love it!

• posted Dec 17, 2013 at 2:47 pm

I buy most of my mugs at TJ Maxx, I love a non-matching collection :)

2. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 9:29 am

These biscotti are so pretty! I love the sparkling sugar addition on the top. I will have to check out Dorot the next time I’m at the store. What a good idea!

• posted Dec 17, 2013 at 2:47 pm

The frozen herbs and crushed garlic have come in handy more times than I can count!!

3. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 9:42 am

That sounds like the perfect biscotti for Christmas morning coffee. :)

4. Carrie
    posted Dec 17, 2013 at 9:49 am

I can’t wait to try this!

(I chuckled as I read your post…I am in 100% agreement!! I am a Project Mgr for a large Telecom company and have been working from home for about 7 years now. It is the single most important benefit (for us) the company has offered/allowed. I get hives just thinking about the possibility of having to “work outside the home” again.)

• posted Dec 17, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I guess I take for granted the changing of the washing machine, thawing the meat for dinner, wiping down the bathrooms mid day…..
      At least I know my limitations :)

5. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 9:53 am

Oh so glad I have not had to do jury duty! I do not know how we would run also having 4 kiddos in the house! These look wonderful!

• posted Dec 17, 2013 at 2:51 pm

The figuring out of schedules, carpools, etc was the hardest part. Having to rely on other people…

6. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 11:06 am

Such pretty biscotti Aimee! Pinned!

I got called for jury duty earlier this year. I never went in for the selection process, but as much as it would have been a pain, I was so curious! :)

• posted Dec 17, 2013 at 2:52 pm

The selection process was nerve wracking. They asked US questions, I felt so put on the spot!

7. DJ
    posted Dec 17, 2013 at 11:26 am

These sound and look delicious. I always have frozen ginger in my freezer. I keep full knobs in good Ziploc freezer bags and then whenever I want some for a cuppa tea or a delicious recipe like this, I just take out my trusty rasp and grate away. Very easy, as it doesn’t freeze like a brick and you can take a paring knife and still cut off the peel. Thanks for the recipe. :)

8. DJ
    posted Dec 17, 2013 at 11:42 am

Oooo :) So happy I always have fresh ginger on hand in my freezer. I keep whole knobs in good Ziplock bags and then whenever I want fresh ginger for my tea or a delicious recipe like this, I just take out my trusty rasp and grate away. The ginger doesn’t freeze like a brisk and you can easily trim away the peel with a paring knife.
    Thanks for the recipe and Happy Christmas! :)

9. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 11:45 am

This biscotti looks tasty indeed, and I like the twist with the white chocolate… I may just give these a whirl in the future. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

10. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Gorgeous breakfast cookies girl. That sparkly sugar and white chocolate dip just makes it so pretty! I have to say I absolutely love working from home too…I’m not sure what I would do if that ever has to change.

11. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Man, do these look good! I’d love to get my hands on one of these :)

12. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I have thankfully (knock on wood) not been called in for jury duty yet, but my mom was once on a jury that lasted weeks! She was so exhausted too. Blegh. At least you can get back in the groove with the help of these amazing biscotti! 😀

13. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 7:58 pm

I’m a ginger fiend! I’ve got to find this pop & cook product!

I love that you say life is returned to normal when the coffee pot is full :)

• posted Dec 19, 2013 at 7:48 am

Actually, I should have said life is normal when the pot is empty!! :)

14. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 8:45 pm

These are beautiful and I know they taste great and just like fall/winter. They’d be the perfect addition with our morning coffee and tea. Great recipe!

15. Nan
    posted Dec 17, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Seriously?! Are the frozen herb cubes really good…especially the basil? Oh, and the biscotti look lovely.

16. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 11:29 pm

I used to get called every year for jury duty (been on 2 juries) but now for the past few years they seem to have lost me :).

I am with you on the biscotti!! I love having cookies for breakfast essentially!! These look delicious!

17. posted Dec 17, 2013 at 11:46 pm

The biscotti looks great! Definitely need to try to make these.

18. posted Dec 18, 2013 at 8:25 am

It is such a good feeling to be able to come home to a clean house … we are still working on that one before Christmas! I have my coffee with me, but it is suddenly missing some gingerbread biscotti. :) Your photos are absolutely beautiful by the way – the sugar on top and the colors and angles – they are perfect!

19. posted Dec 18, 2013 at 9:38 am

I love the idea of using frozen herbs so that they don’t go bad before you can use them up! My favorite biscotti ever is the gingerbread macadamia white chocolate one at Starbucks, so this is perfect for me!

• posted Dec 19, 2013 at 7:46 am

Oh snap! I should have put macadamia nuts in it! That’s a delicious idea for next time :)

20. posted Dec 18, 2013 at 10:59 am

These are some of the prettiest biscotti ever! Love the gingerbread flavour.

21. mara
    posted Dec 18, 2013 at 7:24 pm

just made these and enjoying them with some hot tea. DELIGHTFUL! so fun and festive. i forgot to sprinkle the sugar on but they are still delicious :) thank you thank you!

• posted Dec 19, 2013 at 7:44 am

Forgot the sprinkles? Guess that means you’re saving calories, go eat another one :) Glad you enjoyed the recipe!!

22. posted Dec 19, 2013 at 12:47 pm

I have always wanted to serve on jury duty! I have never seen this produce, but I am going to totally go buy some. I feel like I always waste fresh herbs.

23. posted Dec 19, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Jury duty…blah. Glad you still managed to showcase these gorgeous biscotti! I love gingerbread and these would be a hit in my home. Pinned. :)

24. Krystyna
    posted Apr 13, 2014 at 1:32 pm

My husband put in a request for a second batch which is always a good sign! These were my first biscotti ever and I couldn’t believe how simple it was! I also used grated fresh ginger (11/2 tbsp after squeezing out the juice in a heavy paper towel)… Great recipe…thank you so much for sharing!

25. Pingback: 25 Fall Breakfast Recipes - Pint-sized Treasures

26. Karen
    posted Jun 26, 2015 at 11:56 am

Is there anything I can substitute for the Ginger in this form. I have powdered ginger here at home and is that an okay substitute and how much?

• posted Jun 26, 2015 at 4:09 pm

The powdered ginger isn’t going to be enough to make these taste like a rich gingerbread. However, you can try if you’d like! Otherwise if you can’t find the Dorots…I would just use fresh ginger, zested.