Healthy Taco Dip

Need a delicious game day snack that won’t completely ruin your diet? Try making a batch of this Healthy Taco Dip.

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Skinny Taco Dip recipe made with Greek Yogurt

First, yes, I must admit that we ate this healthy taco dip with unhealthy tortilla chips. But let’s be clear, life is about balance, right? And because it’s game day food, any calorie saving is a good thing. Agreed?

Typically when I make a taco dip, I use full fat cream cheese with full fat sour cream. Add in some taco seasoning, top it with ground beef, cheese and veggies and scoop it up with some tortilla chips.

Today’s recipe is much lighter, but equally delicious. And, it’s healthy!

Skinny Taco Dip recipe made with Greek Yogurt

I used plain Greek Yogurt with homemade taco seasoning. That’s it. I also topped this with some reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese. I don’t normally buy reduced fat cheese because it doesn’t melt. But today, since there is no melting, this lower fat cheese was perfect! You won’t miss the thick cheeses and sour cream in this recipe, I promise!

If you want, scoop this up with some baked tortilla chips or pita chips. This recipe below is enough for our family of 6, I just spread the dip in the bottom of a clear glass pie plate. You can easily multiply if you’re feeding a crowd.

Want to make this a meal? Top it with some cooked, taco seasoned, ground turkey! We may or may not have eaten this three times in January!

Skinny Taco Dip recipe made with Greek Yogurt

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Healthy Taco Dip

Yield: serves 4-6

Easy, healthy Taco Dip made with greek yogurt and homemade taco seasoning.

• 6oz plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
  • 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1/2 stalk Romaine lettuce, shredded
  • 1/4 cup sliced black olives
  • 1 cup reduced fat shredded Cheddar cheese
  • tortilla chips

1. In a small bowl, combine greek yogurt with taco seasoning. Spread into the bottom of a pie plate. Top with cheese and veggies. Serve immediately with chips. ENJOY!

Add taco seasoned, cooked ground turkey to make this a meal!

Be sure to visit my Game Day Pinterest Board for more ideas!!

29 Responses to “Healthy Taco Dip”

1. posted Jan 23, 2014 at 7:07 am

I posted a dippy type recipe today. Yours is healthier though! I want it!! pinned!

2. posted Jan 23, 2014 at 8:33 am

I always justified my tortilla chip overload with the fact that they are healthier that potato chips :) Greek yogurt is so versatile, isn’t it?! Love it in this Mexican dip!

3. posted Jan 23, 2014 at 11:18 am

Love that you made a party food favorite healthier. Looks so good!

4. posted Jan 23, 2014 at 11:41 am

I bet this tastes great! Love how you switched it up with the greek yogart. I’m with you on the chips… baby steps on healthy eating are better than no steps. Thanks for sharing :)

5. posted Jan 23, 2014 at 11:57 am

This dip looks so fantastic. I could swim in it seriously!

6. posted Jan 23, 2014 at 1:37 pm

How perfect! I love taco dip like crazy! Now I have a skinny version. Thanks for sharing!

• posted Jan 25, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I love taco dip too, this entitles me to eating a bigger bowl with less guilt!

7. posted Jan 23, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I love this Aimee! Greek yogurt is my go-to ingredient in so many things and I love that you’ve used it here. Adding some turkey and making it a meal sounds brilliant but this also looks so amazing on it’s own with some balanced, unhealthy tortilla chips. 😉 Pinning!

8. posted Jan 23, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Yum! We are having tacos tonight so this will be perfect! Another great recipe! xx

9. posted Jan 24, 2014 at 1:25 pm

YUM! And I totally agree about balance. Especially since I don’t mind crazy calorie foods, it’s definitely a perk if there is ANY calorie saving that doesn’t involve me eating less taco dip. 😉 Cuz I think we all know THAT isn’t going to happen any time soon…

10. posted Jan 24, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Love all the tomatoes in this healthy dip!! I would eat this with pita chips for a healthy after work snack. Thanks for the recipe! :)

• posted Jan 25, 2014 at 6:15 pm

You’re welcome Renee. It’s such an easy dip to whip up in no time, perfect for after work!

11. posted Jan 24, 2014 at 9:50 pm

I know exactly which unhealthy taco dips you speak of. I love ’em. But I love this healthier version even better. Great idea to use Greek yogurt. Pinning this and keeping it in mind for Super Bowl apps!

12. posted Feb 4, 2014 at 3:59 pm

This is a perfect recipe, my husband will eat this up!!

13. posted Mar 17, 2014 at 8:37 pm

My coder is trying to convince me to move to
    .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
    But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on a number of websites for about a year and am concerned about switching
    to another platform. I have heard great things
    about Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into
    it? Any help would be really appreciated!

14. posted Mar 21, 2014 at 10:34 am

Sounds good!

15. Pingback: Asian style salad with tofu and asparagus | olga, fitness, etc.

16. Pingback: Scones with Chorizo, Parmesan and Asparagus | olga, fitness, etc.

17. Pingback: Foodies Network » Skinny Taco Dip

18. Megan
    posted Jul 5, 2014 at 11:00 pm

I made this tonight for a cookout, and it was the first thing gone! My only complaint is that it was a little runnier than I would have liked, so next time I’m going to try using a thicker Greek yogurt or adding a little bit of light cream cheese. Definitely a guilt-free winner, though!! Thanks for sharing your recipe :)

• posted Jul 6, 2014 at 12:09 am

Some greek yogurts are definitely thicker than others. Glad to hear it was a hit!

19. Pingback: Healthy Superbowl Party Recipe Round Up | Food Done Light

20. Pingback: Healthy Super Bowl Recipes

21. Pingback: Vegan Salad With Yogurt Taco Dressing – Healthy Diet Food Idea & Weight Loss Tip - HoliCoffee

22. Pingback: Ultimate Lettuce Guide - Grow, Harvest, Cook & Preserve