Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites

by aimee @ shugarysweets on January 2, 2014

Chewy, sweet and flavorful, these Pumpkin Bites will give you the energy you need after a workout without the guilt!

Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites are the perfect post workout snack!

So the New Year is in full swing. My muscles are killing me. I took off the last two weeks of December from the gym, and started back up yesterday. Oh my what a difference it makes to take time off.

I’m in pain. But, it’s okay. I need to kick myself in the rear to work off the extra pounds I gained over the holidays (can I get a ‘what what’)!

No matter how healthy I try to eat, I still have a vicious sweet tooth that needs to be satisfied.

Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites are the perfect post workout snack!

These pumpkin energy bites are just what I crave after a hard workout! They are based off of THIS skinny cookie recipe.

As for New Years Resolutions….I like to add things to my life. This year, more Bible study time, more weight lifting and more veggies each day are the additions! What kind of things do YOU change in the New Year??

Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites are the perfect post workout snack!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites

Yield: 12-18 bites, depending on size

Sweet, flavorful Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites are the perfect post workout snack!

• 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal (uncooked)
  • 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup wheat germ
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/3 cup white chocolate morsels

1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until completely combined. Scoop into one inch balls. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container. ENJOY!

Snacking healthy? Here are a few of my favorites…

healthy-choice-strawberry-sauce

Sugar Free Strawberry Sauce…perfect on yogurt, oatmeal, low fat icecream, and more!!

vanilla coffee pudding

Vanilla Coffee Pudding…a guilt free treat!

pineapple coconut cupcakes

Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes…a lighter version cupcake with a creamy topping!

skinny-no-bake-cookies

Skinny No Bake Cookies…another healthy post workout treat!

Finally, still looking for workout inspiration? Check out my “Getting Fit and Healthy” Pinterest Board for easy tips and workouts for home!

Tanya Schroeder January 2, 2014 at 8:28 am

I need these today Aimee! I’m done with sweets! I need energy to take down my Christmas tree and possibly to shovel!
Tanya Schroeder recently posted..TabboulehMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 2, 2014 at 7:08 pm

I wish I had some of these left after shoveling today!! Hope you dig yourself out of your snow :)

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life January 2, 2014 at 8:30 am

Don’t remind me! I went running and it kicked my tail. Why does my sweet tooth always get in the way? :) These cookies have everything I would ever want – pumpkin, oats, honey, and hey, why not white chocolate! Love that they are no bake AND healthy! Pinned!

aimee @ shugarysweets January 2, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Thanks for pinning! Keep up with the running :)

Julie @ Lovely Little Kitchen January 2, 2014 at 8:35 am

I’ve been playing around with energy bite recipes this week, and these look perfect. I’ve eaten so many sweets lately that I’m actually craving healthy, which is unusual for me!
Julie @ Lovely Little Kitchen recently posted..Creamy Crockpot White Chicken ChiliMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 2, 2014 at 7:10 pm

I am craving healthy too, shouldn’t last too long, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust January 2, 2014 at 9:41 am

Such a great idea Aimee! I need to make energy bites, but I’d probably eat them all.

I worked out last Thursday with my trainer…and I literally could not walk or sit without my hands guiding me for 4 days. I’m not even exaggerating.
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Peanut Butter Breakfast CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 2, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Oh I totally believe you. I’m hurting. No pain no gain, right???

Julia January 2, 2014 at 10:16 am

These look amazing! Packed with health benefits and delicious to boot! I could see myself carrying these pumpkin bites around in a ziplock bag in my purse and snacking on them throughout the day. mmmm!!! Happy New Year!
Julia recently posted..Apple Cinnamon Crock Pot Steel Cut OatmealMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 2, 2014 at 7:13 pm

My kids enjoyed these after sports too, and I loved having them after workouts. A great hunger satisfier!

Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig January 2, 2014 at 11:10 am

These sound insanely amazing….so many good spices in there.
Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig recently posted..4 Low-Calorie Breakfast Stir-FrysMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 2, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Thanks Cathy!! The spices definitely give them great flavor :)

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent January 2, 2014 at 12:10 pm

I bet these are the perfect sweet fix after a workout. New Years resolutions for me include more bible study, working out more, and improving my photography on the blog.
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..Champagne PancakesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 2, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Love your resolutions :) My bible study just finished Crazy Love (it was awesome). As for photography, Pinch of Yum’s food photography ebooks are awesome!!! Worth every cent.

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness January 2, 2014 at 1:16 pm

I could eat 20 of these, post workout not! The combination of pumpkin and white chocolate? I am allll over that! Plus, the whole one step ingredient list thang, does not hurt either! Yum!
Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness recently posted..Be Happy – and other thoughts on weight loss New Years resolutions.My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 2, 2014 at 7:16 pm

The easier the better, right??

Tanya January 2, 2014 at 1:37 pm

I could sure use some of these right now. I have no energy or motivation today. These look good. I’ll have to make a batch this weekend for my after workout snack.
Tanya recently posted..Online HR Software – December 2013 UpdateMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 3, 2014 at 11:06 am

I hope your energy level picks up soon :)

Marcie@Flavorthemoments January 2, 2014 at 2:21 pm

I’ll give you a what what as I’m hitting the gym extra hard too! These look so good, especially since I’ve been craving pumpkin again!
Marcie@Flavorthemoments recently posted..Cooking School Week 12My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 3, 2014 at 11:07 am

I crave (and eat) pumpkin all year long….I just don’t share new recipes all year for it :) Keep up the gym work!!

DessertForTwo January 2, 2014 at 4:22 pm

I took a few weeks off working out too…but I have yet to go back! It’s gonna hurt! But maybe it’ll be ok if I just put a few of these energy bites in my gym bag :)
DessertForTwo recently posted..Top 10 recipes for 2013!My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 3, 2014 at 11:08 am

Between working out and shoveling snow, I pretty much can’t move right now!!! LOL

Renee@ Two in the Kitchen January 2, 2014 at 4:53 pm

I definitely need more energy in my life and these look like a tasty way to get it!! Now off the the gym I go, as I also have some calories to work off from the holidays!!
Renee@ Two in the Kitchen recently posted..Nutella, Peanut Butter and Banana stuffed Breakfast BraidMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 3, 2014 at 11:09 am

Good luck at the gym :)

Rushfit January 2, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Aimee
OMG! These “Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites” sound amazing especially after a long run. I am really going to have to try these. Thanks for providing this, I can’t wait!
Rushfit recently posted..RUSHFIT What Is It?My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 3, 2014 at 11:09 am

Thanks!

Sues January 2, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Love this idea for a delicious and healthy treat that I can snack on all day long!
Sues recently posted..Milky Way DoughnutsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 3, 2014 at 11:10 am

Thanks Sues, Happy New Year!!

Julie @ This Gal Cooks January 3, 2014 at 7:41 am

Hooray for getting back to the gym! I know it felt good to get back after a two week break!

I love these little healthy treats. These would be perfect to take to work for an afternoon snack!
Julie @ This Gal Cooks recently posted..Savory Orzo with MushroomsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 3, 2014 at 11:14 am

It feels good to be working out again, like a fresh start! My muscles don’t seem to agree though, haha!!

David @ Spiced January 3, 2014 at 8:07 am

woah…these look awesome! And so simple to make. Thanks for the idea…and I would be sharing the workout woes with you if it wasn’t for the 12+” of snow outside. (That kinda makes driving to the gym difficult…)
David @ Spiced recently posted..Steak Tip RisottoMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 3, 2014 at 11:15 am

12+?? Yikes. Make our 5 inches seem measly. Looks like a shoveling workout is in store for you!!

David @ Spiced January 3, 2014 at 11:19 am

heh…I finally broke down and got a snow blower a couple days ago. Still a bit of a workout, but nothing like doing it by hand!
David @ Spiced recently posted..Homemade Chicken Noodle SoupMy Profile

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction January 3, 2014 at 9:56 am

These energy bites look like the perfect way to curb my sweet tooth!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Pretzel Bread BowlsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 3, 2014 at 11:15 am

They satisfy quite nicely! Happy New Year Jessica!

Jennie @themessybakerblog January 3, 2014 at 11:32 am

I was just thinking that I needed some pre/post exercise snacks. These look perfect.

Trish - Mom On Timeout January 3, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Loving these little bites of goodness Aimee! Definitely a fun little treat that you can feel good about!
Trish – Mom On Timeout recently posted..{Easy} Spicy Ranch CrackersMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet January 3, 2014 at 10:31 pm

anything that satisfies my sweet tooth and is healthy is top notch in my book!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Blueberry Almond SmoothieMy Profile

Deborah January 4, 2014 at 5:33 pm

I don’t think I could go a day without a sweet treat. These sound great!!
Deborah recently posted..Crispy Chicken Nuggets {Fridays with Rachael Ray}My Profile

Nutmeg Nanny January 6, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Oh yum, how perfect! I could definitely use a couple of these right now :)
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..KitchenAid Stand Mixer GiveawayMy Profile

Marcia Smith January 9, 2014 at 10:50 am

Is there a replacement for the wheat germ? Just not something I have on hand.

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor January 10, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Oooh! I *think* I may have everything on hand to make these babies!! Yum!

Lori January 11, 2014 at 2:31 am

Do you know what the nutritional value is for these? I’m a Weight Watcher and would love to try but really need to know what to calculate.

tami January 11, 2014 at 10:07 am

if you have etools go and do recipe builder and it will give to you.

aimee @ shugarysweets January 11, 2014 at 3:56 pm

I don’t calculate nutrition here, but I know there are several websites you can google that will allow you to enter ingredients of a recipe and it will give you nutritional count. Good luck!

Kristen Duke January 15, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Oh these look so yummy! I’m am doing some crossfit workouts so these are just what I need!
Kristen Duke recently posted..WIN the ULTIMATE “Valentine’s Day Basket” + Blog HopMy Profile

Fawne January 20, 2014 at 10:04 am

These are wonderful but how many calories per ball??? Where can I find the calorie content for these recipes?

Renewable Energy Sources February 9, 2014 at 4:10 am

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I found this board and I
to find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I am
hoping to give one thing again and aid others such as you helped me.
Renewable Energy Sources recently posted..Renewable Energy SourcesMy Profile

Ashly February 11, 2014 at 5:21 pm

These are great!! Even better with coco powder!!!