Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites

Chewy, sweet and flavorful, these Pumpkin Bites will give you the energy you need after a workout without the guilt!

Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites are the perfect post workout snack!

So the New Year is in full swing. My muscles are killing me. I took off the last two weeks of December from the gym, and started back up yesterday. Oh my what a difference it makes to take time off.

I’m in pain. But, it’s okay. I need to kick myself in the rear to work off the extra pounds I gained over the holidays (can I get a ‘what what’)!

No matter how healthy I try to eat, I still have a vicious sweet tooth that needs to be satisfied.

Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites are the perfect post workout snack!

These pumpkin energy bites are just what I crave after a hard workout! They are based off of THIS skinny cookie recipe.

As for New Years Resolutions….I like to add things to my life. This year, more Bible study time, more weight lifting and more veggies each day are the additions! What kind of things do YOU change in the New Year??

Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites are the perfect post workout snack!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites

Yield: 12-18 bites, depending on size

Sweet, flavorful Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites are the perfect post workout snack!

• 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal (uncooked)
  • 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup wheat germ
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/3 cup white chocolate morsels

1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until completely combined. Scoop into one inch balls. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container. ENJOY!

Snacking healthy? Here are a few of my favorites…

healthy-choice-strawberry-sauce

Sugar Free Strawberry Sauce…perfect on yogurt, oatmeal, low fat icecream, and more!!

vanilla coffee pudding

Vanilla Coffee Pudding…a guilt free treat!

pineapple coconut cupcakes

Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes…a lighter version cupcake with a creamy topping!

skinny-no-bake-cookies

Skinny No Bake Cookies…another healthy post workout treat!

Finally, still looking for workout inspiration? Check out my “Getting Fit and Healthy” Pinterest Board for easy tips and workouts for home!

61 Responses to “Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites”

1. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 8:28 am

I need these today Aimee! I’m done with sweets! I need energy to take down my Christmas tree and possibly to shovel!

• posted Jan 2, 2014 at 7:08 pm

I wish I had some of these left after shoveling today!! Hope you dig yourself out of your snow :)

2. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 8:30 am

Don’t remind me! I went running and it kicked my tail. Why does my sweet tooth always get in the way? :) These cookies have everything I would ever want – pumpkin, oats, honey, and hey, why not white chocolate! Love that they are no bake AND healthy! Pinned!

3. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 8:35 am

I’ve been playing around with energy bite recipes this week, and these look perfect. I’ve eaten so many sweets lately that I’m actually craving healthy, which is unusual for me!

• posted Jan 2, 2014 at 7:10 pm

I am craving healthy too, shouldn’t last too long, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner!

4. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 9:41 am

Such a great idea Aimee! I need to make energy bites, but I’d probably eat them all.

I worked out last Thursday with my trainer…and I literally could not walk or sit without my hands guiding me for 4 days. I’m not even exaggerating.

• posted Jan 2, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Oh I totally believe you. I’m hurting. No pain no gain, right???

5. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 10:16 am

These look amazing! Packed with health benefits and delicious to boot! I could see myself carrying these pumpkin bites around in a ziplock bag in my purse and snacking on them throughout the day. mmmm!!! Happy New Year!

• posted Jan 2, 2014 at 7:13 pm

My kids enjoyed these after sports too, and I loved having them after workouts. A great hunger satisfier!

6. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 11:10 am

These sound insanely amazing….so many good spices in there.

• posted Jan 2, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Thanks Cathy!! The spices definitely give them great flavor :)

7. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 12:10 pm

I bet these are the perfect sweet fix after a workout. New Years resolutions for me include more bible study, working out more, and improving my photography on the blog.

• posted Jan 2, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Love your resolutions :) My bible study just finished Crazy Love (it was awesome). As for photography, Pinch of Yum’s food photography ebooks are awesome!!! Worth every cent.

8. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 1:16 pm

I could eat 20 of these, post workout not! The combination of pumpkin and white chocolate? I am allll over that! Plus, the whole one step ingredient list thang, does not hurt either! Yum!

9. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 1:37 pm

I could sure use some of these right now. I have no energy or motivation today. These look good. I’ll have to make a batch this weekend for my after workout snack.

10. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 2:21 pm

I’ll give you a what what as I’m hitting the gym extra hard too! These look so good, especially since I’ve been craving pumpkin again!

• posted Jan 3, 2014 at 11:07 am

I crave (and eat) pumpkin all year long….I just don’t share new recipes all year for it :) Keep up the gym work!!

11. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 4:22 pm

I took a few weeks off working out too…but I have yet to go back! It’s gonna hurt! But maybe it’ll be ok if I just put a few of these energy bites in my gym bag :)

• posted Jan 3, 2014 at 11:08 am

Between working out and shoveling snow, I pretty much can’t move right now!!! LOL

12. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 4:53 pm

I definitely need more energy in my life and these look like a tasty way to get it!! Now off the the gym I go, as I also have some calories to work off from the holidays!!

13. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Aimee
    OMG! These “Skinny Pumpkin Energy Bites” sound amazing especially after a long run. I am really going to have to try these. Thanks for providing this, I can’t wait!

14. posted Jan 2, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Love this idea for a delicious and healthy treat that I can snack on all day long!

15. posted Jan 3, 2014 at 7:41 am

Hooray for getting back to the gym! I know it felt good to get back after a two week break!

I love these little healthy treats. These would be perfect to take to work for an afternoon snack!

• posted Jan 3, 2014 at 11:14 am

It feels good to be working out again, like a fresh start! My muscles don’t seem to agree though, haha!!

16. posted Jan 3, 2014 at 8:07 am

woah…these look awesome! And so simple to make. Thanks for the idea…and I would be sharing the workout woes with you if it wasn’t for the 12+” of snow outside. (That kinda makes driving to the gym difficult…)

• posted Jan 3, 2014 at 11:15 am

12+?? Yikes. Make our 5 inches seem measly. Looks like a shoveling workout is in store for you!!

• posted Jan 3, 2014 at 11:19 am

heh…I finally broke down and got a snow blower a couple days ago. Still a bit of a workout, but nothing like doing it by hand!

17. posted Jan 3, 2014 at 9:56 am

These energy bites look like the perfect way to curb my sweet tooth!

• posted Jan 3, 2014 at 11:15 am

They satisfy quite nicely! Happy New Year Jessica!

18. posted Jan 3, 2014 at 11:32 am

I was just thinking that I needed some pre/post exercise snacks. These look perfect.

19. posted Jan 3, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Loving these little bites of goodness Aimee! Definitely a fun little treat that you can feel good about!

20. posted Jan 3, 2014 at 10:31 pm

anything that satisfies my sweet tooth and is healthy is top notch in my book!

21. posted Jan 4, 2014 at 5:33 pm

I don’t think I could go a day without a sweet treat. These sound great!!

22. posted Jan 6, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Oh yum, how perfect! I could definitely use a couple of these right now :)

23. Marcia Smith
    posted Jan 9, 2014 at 10:50 am

Is there a replacement for the wheat germ? Just not something I have on hand.

24. posted Jan 10, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Oooh! I *think* I may have everything on hand to make these babies!! Yum!

25. Lori
    posted Jan 11, 2014 at 2:31 am

Do you know what the nutritional value is for these? I’m a Weight Watcher and would love to try but really need to know what to calculate.

• tami
      posted Jan 11, 2014 at 10:07 am

if you have etools go and do recipe builder and it will give to you.

• posted Jan 11, 2014 at 3:56 pm

I don’t calculate nutrition here, but I know there are several websites you can google that will allow you to enter ingredients of a recipe and it will give you nutritional count. Good luck!

26. posted Jan 15, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Oh these look so yummy! I’m am doing some crossfit workouts so these are just what I need!

27. Fawne
    posted Jan 20, 2014 at 10:04 am

These are wonderful but how many calories per ball??? Where can I find the calorie content for these recipes?

28. posted Feb 9, 2014 at 4:10 am

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I found this board and I
    to find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I am
    hoping to give one thing again and aid others such as you helped me.

29. Ashly
    posted Feb 11, 2014 at 5:21 pm

These are great!! Even better with coco powder!!!

30. Pingback: 32 Ingenious Ways To Eat Pumpkin All Day Long | Sharing Interesting Stuff, Updates News & Free Tips

31. Pingback: What I Ate Wednesday 9.3.14 | Healthy4Life

32. Pingback: Let’s FALL Already! Pumpkin Breakfast Ideas | The Clean Fit Mom

33. Pingback: 9 Healthier Ways to Enjoy Pumpkin | Do the Goo

34. Liz
    posted Oct 26, 2014 at 8:41 am

I love energy balls and these pumpkin ones are just what I need to fall. One question, is there another ingredient that I can sub for the wheat germ? I’m not really a fan an I don’t have it on hand.
    Thank you.

35. Holly
    posted Nov 8, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Can ground flaxseed be substituted for the wheat germ in the skinny pumpkin energy bites?

36. Pingback: Nutritious Breakfast Recipes | Masala Herb

37. Pingback: My Pocket Press » 32 Ingenious Ways To Eat Pumpkin All Day Long

38. Pingback: 32 Ingenious Ways To Eat Pumpkin All Day Long | Pekanbaru.mx

39. CB - Oregon
    posted Apr 18, 2015 at 7:17 pm

Any nutrition facts with your recipes? Calories – Carbs.  Maybe I just missed them?
    I am watching the calories lately. CB

• posted Apr 19, 2015 at 5:21 pm

Sorry, I don’t keep track of those. But I know there are programs online that can calculate nutrition for recipes…