Cherry Bark

by aimee @ shugarysweets on February 1, 2014

Easy to make Cherry Bark. This treat is perfect for Valentine’s Day, and you will LOVE all the Cherry flavor!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Easy, delicious Cherry Bark candy recipe

Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. Not because of the love, the flowers, the dates. Not because of the commercialism around finding the perfect Hallmark card.

It’s because, as a food blogger, I love the excuse to make an overload of PINK Cherry desserts! As a mom to 3 girls, you would think I would be sick of the pink, but no….

Easy, delicious Cherry Bark candy recipe

Making candy bark is so easy. And the flavor possibilities are endless!! I used Vanilla Candiquik and combined it with Cherry gelatin mix. Want a different flavor? Use a different flavor of gelatin!

I also topped this bark with Cherry m&m candies. Quite possibly my favorite m&m flavor!

And then came the sprinkles. I am a sprinkle hoarder, to the point they are always falling out of my cabinet! And when sprinkles fall down from a top shelf and explode, you will be cleaning them up for months. Maybe years. Seriously, sprinkles are about as bad as glitter.

Easy, delicious Cherry Bark candy recipe

So now, you must decide, what will YOU make for Valentine’s Day? Do you prefer chocolate over cherries? Cookies over cake? Steak over seafood? Restaurant over homemade?

Just a hint dear hubby… I prefer Cherries. Cake. Seafood. Restaurant.

Easy, delicious Cherry Bark candy recipe

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Cherry Bark

• 16oz Vanilla Candiquik
  • 0.3oz pkg Sugar-Free Cherry Gelatin
  • 1 bag (9.9oz) Cherry m&m candies
  • 2 Tbsp Valentine sprinkles

1. Line a large 15x10 baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Melt vanilla candiquik according to package directions. When smooth, stir in cherry gelatin. Pour onto parchment paper. Use a spatula to spread thin. Immediately sprinkle with cherry candy and sprinkles. Allow to set (about 20 minutes). Break into pieces and store in air tight container at room temperature. ENJOY!

Notes

If you can't find Vanilla Candiquik, use almond bark or Wilton's vanilla candy melts.

Love Cherry Desserts? You’ve come to the right place!

cherry-chocolatechip-cheeseball-1

Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheeseball

cherry-cheesecake-pretzel-bites-3

Cherry Cheesecake Pretzel Bites

cherry-vanilla-popcorn

Cherry Vanilla Caramel Corn

Erin | The Law Student's Wife February 1, 2014 at 9:23 am

Love the subtle note to the hubs Aimee! For me it would be: chocolate, seafood, restaurant….unless I’m not the one cooking :)
Erin | The Law Student’s Wife recently posted..Orange Almond Healthy Granola Bars {Friends First}My Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life February 1, 2014 at 9:26 am

I puffy heart love those cherry M&M’s too! It’s dangerous to buy them and have them around. And LOL at the very subtle notes to the hubs ;-)
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Tropical Meatball Crescent CupsMy Profile

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent February 1, 2014 at 11:28 am

What a fun twist on using almond bark. I have some left over from xmas and was wondering what I should do with it. I think you inspired me :)
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..Hot Chocolate FloatsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 2, 2014 at 8:15 am

Have fun and get creative :)

Anna@CrunchyCreamySweet February 1, 2014 at 5:32 pm

I love chocolate bark! This one is so pretty! Pinned!
Anna@CrunchyCreamySweet recently posted..Chocolate Trifle For Two RecipeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 2, 2014 at 8:11 am

Thanks for pinning Anna!!

Natasha @ The Cake Merchant February 1, 2014 at 7:27 pm

What a cute Valentine’s Day treat! I didn’t even know cherry m and m’s existed, and now I want to go get some.
Natasha @ The Cake Merchant recently posted..Mini Chocolate Covered Strawberry Layer Cakes for TwoMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 2, 2014 at 8:11 am

Oh you must try them!!!

Lori February 2, 2014 at 12:18 am

Great idea for St Patrick’s Day, too. Green jello and decorating. Yum all thru the year!

aimee @ shugarysweets February 2, 2014 at 8:05 am

Thanks Lori!!

WhatJessicaBakedNext... February 2, 2014 at 9:42 am

Delicious and looks like great fun to make! :)
WhatJessicaBakedNext… recently posted..Easy Classic French BaguettesMy Profile

Shannon @ Bake.Frost.Repeat February 2, 2014 at 10:38 am

So adorable and perfect for Valentine’s Day!!
Shannon @ Bake.Frost.Repeat recently posted..Garlic Ranch PretzelsMy Profile

Mary Frances February 2, 2014 at 2:25 pm

I thought almond bark was pretty perfect – but now you made it pink! And added MnMs! What a fun treat!
Mary Frances recently posted..Sprinkles and MnM CookiesMy Profile

Renee@ Two in the Kitchen February 2, 2014 at 3:10 pm

This is so pretty, and so getting me in the mood for Valentine’s Day!! :)
Renee@ Two in the Kitchen recently posted..Crescent Pizza TrianglesMy Profile

Julie @ This Gal Cooks February 2, 2014 at 4:05 pm

This is such a fun recipe, Aimee! Cherries, M&Ms…two of my favorite things. Plus, pink is one of my favorite colors. You just can’t go wrong with this bark. Pinned and sharing on social media. Have a lovely evening, Aimee!
Julie @ This Gal Cooks recently posted..Spiked Recipe Challenge: Chocolate LiquorMy Profile

Jennie @themessybakerblog February 3, 2014 at 7:16 am

This bark is so festive. I love everything about it. Pinned.
Jennie @themessybakerblog recently posted..Slice of Life Saturday’s: The Vacation from Hell!My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 3, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Thanks for pinning!!

marcie February 3, 2014 at 9:58 am

This bark is so festive and looks delicious, Aimee!
marcie recently posted..Chocolate Croissants {Pain au Chocolat}My Profile

Nutmeg Nanny February 4, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Yum :) candy bark is so fun, looks delicious.
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed ChickenMy Profile

Debbie February 11, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Just finished making the candy bark and it came out great! I can’t wait to bring it to work for our Valentines day celebration.
Debbie recently posted..Superbowl SundayMy Profile

Kim February 19, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Wow! I tried to create some cherry bark last week but it was the grossest thing I’d ever tried. None of us in the “test kitchen” could stomach it. I never thought to use gelatin to get the cherry flavor. What a great idea! I am going to have to go back and give it another try. Thanks so much for sharing this!
Kim recently posted..Amity’s Strawberry Celebration RecipeMy Profile