Chocolate Peppermint Bars

by aimee @ shugarysweets on February 2, 2014

These bars are seriously one of the best desserts that have come out of my kitchen this year! Chocolate Oreo base topped with a white chocolate peppermint topping. And of course, some cute Peppermint Patty Hearts for Valentine’s Day! Did I mentions this is a NO BAKE recipe?!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Easy, no bake, Chocolate Peppermint Bars are sure to be a hit as an delicious after dinner mint

Februrary is always one of our crazy months. Not because of Valentine’s day, but because swimming is coming to an end for the season.

The month is always filled with extra swim meets, team dinners, and hungry athletes! It’s a crazy fun time to see how far my little swimmers have come in one season!

And of course, I know the month of March is our time off swim before we start again in April. So I can deal with the crazy month knowing there is rest coming soon!

But in the meantime, if I seem a bit absent this month, check out the pool, that’s where you will find me!

These peppermint bars are so easy to make! I whipped them up one morning before my kids went off to school and I spent the whole day staring at them longingly.

The base is combination of crushed Oreo cookies and melted chocolate. Once you freeze it for ten minutes, the chocolate hardens and you get a lovely crunchy “crust.”

After making the crust, I whipped up the topping by combining some melted Vanilla Candiquik with softened cream cheese and peppermint extract. I may have spooned a few bites straight to my mouth at this point!

Once I spread the cream cheese layer over the crust, I knew something was missing. As a last minute decision I added the Heart shaped Peppermint Patties and sprinkles.

Seriously you guys, I wasn’t sure if this recipe would work, but it totally exceeded my expectations. The crunchy base is going to be seen again, I LOVE the way it turned out! I can’t wait to make another batch of these. Maybe next month I’ll make them GREEN mint for St.Patrick’s Day!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Chocolate Peppermint Bars

Yield: 24 bars

Chocolate crust topped with creamy peppermint cheesecake in this delicious NO BAKE recipe!

For the crust:
  • 1 pkg (8oz) chocolate sandwich cookies
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
  • For the topping:
  • 8oz Vanilla Candiquik, melted according to package
  • 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tsp peppermint extract
  • 24 Peppermint Patties
  • sprinkles

1. For the crust, process cookies in a food processor until a fine crumb. In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter with chocolate morsels for about 90 seconds, stirring after every 30 seconds. When smooth, fold in crushed cookies.
  2. Spread mixture in the bottom of a foil lined 13x9 baking dish. Use fingers to get mixture to pack evenly in pan. Freeze for about ten minutes, while making the topping.
  3. For the topping, beat cream cheese about 2 minutes until fluffy. Add
  4. melted candiquik and peppermint extract. Beat for 3 minutes on high until fluffy. Spread over cooled crust. Immediately press peppermint patties on top of cream cheese layer and add sprinkles, if desired. Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator for 3 days. ENJOY

Julianne @ Beyond Frosting February 2, 2014 at 12:27 pm

This looks like the perfect no bake recipe when you are in a pinch! I love love love peppermint patties!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting recently posted..Circus Animal FudgeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 3, 2014 at 5:55 pm

I love them too! And yes, no bake recipes are awesome!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Strawberry MintsMy Profile

Shaina February 2, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Omg these are so cute and easy to make! I definitely want to make them for Valentines Day!
Shaina recently posted..Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownie #SundaySupperMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 3, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Thanks Shaina, let me know if you try them!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Strawberry MintsMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life February 2, 2014 at 1:43 pm

No bake and peppermint patties…I am so there! These are so cute and I love how easy they are!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Nutella M&M BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 3, 2014 at 5:59 pm

I love an easy recipe, especially when it involves peppermint patties!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Strawberry MintsMy Profile

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) February 2, 2014 at 2:41 pm

……omgosh….that base. Crushed Oreo’s + melted chocolate…..mmmmmmmmmmm

and the bars are SOOO cute! Perfect for Valentine’s :)
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) recently posted..Something Saturdays (2/1/14)My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 3, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Thanks Kayle. yeah, I can’t get the base out of my mind either, it was sooooo good!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Strawberry MintsMy Profile

Elizabeth February 2, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Would it work to use a heart shaped cookie cutter instead of cutting into squares?

aimee @ shugarysweets February 2, 2014 at 8:50 pm

What a cute idea, that would work great. And I would happily eat the scraps :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Peppermint BarsMy Profile

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent February 2, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Love that you added the peppermint patties. Delicious!
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..Raspberry Cheesecake Pudding CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 3, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Thanks Laura! Any excuse to use heart shaped minty candy :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Strawberry MintsMy Profile

Emily @ Life on Food February 2, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Oh I can taste the pepperminty goodness of these bars. And they are cute!
Emily @ Life on Food recently posted..Weekend Edition: Painting and CakeMy Profile

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) February 2, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Those look absolutely fantastic! Delish!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) recently posted..Pillsbury Loaded Potato PinwheelsMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet February 2, 2014 at 10:10 pm

That crust does looking pretty amazing!! I think those heart peppermint patties are so cute and this is even better because it is no bake!! Love it!!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..No Bake M&M Peanut Butter DelightsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 3, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Thanks Nancy!! You’ve got to try them…so delicious!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Strawberry MintsMy Profile

DessertForTwo February 3, 2014 at 8:04 am

My husband would love these for Valentine’s Day! He loves peppermint candy!

aimee @ shugarysweets February 3, 2014 at 1:32 pm

I think that sounds like the perfect gift idea :)

Paula-bell'alimento February 3, 2014 at 9:34 am

Chocolate and Peppermint. Gimme!
Paula-bell’alimento recently posted..Roasted Red Pepper Pasta + {Vitamix GIVEAWAY}My Profile

Anna @ Garnish with Lemon February 3, 2014 at 10:12 am

Pretty sure these just rose to the top of my must-make list!
Anna @ Garnish with Lemon recently posted..Easy French Onion SoupMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 3, 2014 at 1:29 pm

I feel honored :)

Melanie @ Carmel Moments February 3, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Oh so cute and perfect for Valentine’s Day! I bet the kids would love these!
Melanie @ Carmel Moments recently posted..Chocolate Chip and Chunk CookiesMy Profile

Nutmeg Nanny February 4, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Oh my, these look irresistible! Would love to be on the receiving end of this sweetness :)
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed ChickenMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 5, 2014 at 9:39 am

Thanks girl! Wish you were here to enjoy some!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel February 5, 2014 at 4:06 pm

You know I can’t resist me some York peppermint patties! These bars are equal parts adorable and scrumptious, Aimee!

Karen @ The Food Charlatan February 5, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Okay, that crust idea is pretty stellar. These remind me of a peppermint-oreo bar type thing I tried over Christmas that was a total FAILURE. so sad. I’ll have to try these! And heart shaped peppermint patties? what?? I almost asked where, but you’re probably going to say Target right? Where all magical things come from? :)
Karen @ The Food Charlatan recently posted..Coconut-Frosted Sugar Cookies with Strawberry HeartsMy Profile

Julie @ This Gal Cooks February 6, 2014 at 11:05 am

These are too cute, Aimee! Can’t go wrong with the combination of chocolate and peppermint. Plus, I love the pink and red sprinkles you added to these. Pinned!
Julie @ This Gal Cooks recently posted..Strawberry Banana Phyllo CupsMy Profile

Tonia February 7, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Chocolate and mint are the perfect pair! I love the heart shaped peppermint bars on the top!
Tonia recently posted..Nutella S’mores BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 8, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Thank you! They were a huge hit!

Kristen Duke February 10, 2014 at 9:45 pm

No bake and delicious?!? Sign me up!
Kristen Duke recently posted..Decorating with Pictures at Munchie’s MamaMy Profile

Katy Ballagh February 12, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Hi, These look amazing. I needed to know if you scrape the filling in the cookie or crush them with the filling? Thanks

Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik February 17, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Oh wow – you might see a version or two come out of this kitchen, too! Thanks for sharing – can’t wait to try these!
Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik recently posted..Coconut Oat Chip BitesMy Profile