Maple Walnut Biscotti

by aimee @ shugarysweets on March 12, 2014

Delicious, crunchy Biscotti with Maple and Walnuts. Grab your coffee and get dunking!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Maple Walnut Biscotti: crunchy and sweet, just as biscotti should be!

No month shall pass by without me sharing a new Biscotti recipe. This is my goal, anyways!

I know Biscotti recipes aren’t as popular as brownies, or layered cake, or cookie dough. But I’ve got to keep it real around here.

And by keeping it real, you all need to know something. I love making biscotti! I think about new biscotti flavors CONSTANTLY.

I’ve said it before. Crunchy biscotti dipped in hot coffee is the world’s most perfect breakfast. According to me. Ha!

I’ve also said this…biscotti is a breakfast cookie. WHY ISN’T THIS MORE POPULAR? Stop what you are doing and think about this. Cookies FOR BREAKFAST.

Has it sunk in yet?

Okay. Now that I think I have truly repeated myself for the umpteenth time, let’s talk about today’s biscotti recipe.

Maple Walnut Biscotti: crunchy and sweet, just as biscotti should be!

I kept this one simple by using maple flavoring and chopped walnuts. I wanted to add bacon bits, and I totally would have done it, because duh…MAPLE BACON…but, I had no bacon in the house. #firstworldproblems

I did make a delicious glaze (frosting?) for this biscotti. Give it about 30 minutes, and your glaze firms up nicely. Then, happy dunking my friends!

One of my Lenten goals is to fill 40 bags in 40 days (trash, donations, etc). My husband and I are not pack rats, so I thought this might be difficult. I have Amvets visiting every month, so clothing and such wouldn’t be in my bags. On day one I grabbed a bag and headed to the basement. We have a small little kitchenette. I cleaned the drawers and cabinets and filled one bag easily for donation, and half a bag for trash. The next day I did my bathroom drawers and cabinets. It felt good to toss some old cosmetics! This weekend I got my husband involved and we cleaned out our garage, 7 trash bags filled and 3 bags for donation. I love the idea of simplifying my life. Our house.

Especially since during this challenge I worked on cleaning out my kitchen pantries (I have two). I was surprised (not really) at how much candy and chocolate I accumulate each holiday. You may have seen this on instagram!

All this cleaning reminds me to stop, sit down, grab my Bible, my coffee and enjoy some biscotti!

Maple Walnut Biscotti: crunchy and sweet, just as biscotti should be!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Maple Walnut Biscotti

• 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
  • For the glaze:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 Tbsp maple flavoring
  • 3 Tbsp milk
  • 2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until combined. Beat in eggs and maple flavoring.
  2. Add flour and baking powder, beating until fully combined. Fold in chopped walnuts.
  3. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop dough onto parchment, and using fingertips pat dough to a 13inch x 4inch rectangle. Dip fingers in flour to keep dough from sticking.
  4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove and cool ten minutes. Slice into 3/4-1inch slices. Lay each slice on it's side and separate on the parchment. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes. Flip biscotti and bake an additional 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely before applying glaze.
  5. For the glaze, whisk sugar with maple and milk until smooth. Spread onto the tops of each biscotti and sprinkle immediately with walnuts. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.

Maple Flavoring is such a flavorful addition to all kinds of recipes…here are a few of my favorites:

maple-toffee-cookies

Maple Toffee Cookies. Chewy and full of flavor!

banana-streusel-coffee-cake-with-maple-glaze-2

Classic Banana Streusel Coffee Cake with Maple Glaze

pumpkin-cupcakes-2-1024x685

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Toffee Frosting

Here are a few more Maple flavored goodies from my favorite blogs….

Chloe @ foodlikecake March 12, 2014 at 8:19 am

Those looks amazing, I love the combination of walnuts and maple!
Chloe @ foodlikecake recently posted..Chocolate Pound CakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 12, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Thank you. I have quite a list of different varieties yet to make!

Karly March 12, 2014 at 9:11 am

Your biscotti makes me wish I liked coffee a bit more! I WANT to be a coffee lover, but seriously. It tastes like garbage, Aimee.
Karly recently posted..What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #59My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 12, 2014 at 3:33 pm

LOL. What’s wrong with garbage? I love garbage. Garbage is the bomb.com hehehe!!!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust March 12, 2014 at 9:58 am

I read about that challenge. I need to do it. We are pack rats – well I am. :) We’re doing a garage sale in a month or two and our store room is FULL.

These are amazing biscotti – I love all your recipes. Thanks for the link love!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Cookies ‘n Cream Brownie BitesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 12, 2014 at 3:33 pm

After this I think I will be doing a garage sale too! And I hate doing garage sales, hehe.

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) March 12, 2014 at 10:54 am

Seriously yum is happening in this post! That biscotti looks epic.
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) recently posted..#KissMeImIrish Baileys Mint Chocolate Cream PieMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 12, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Thank you! They are EPIC :)

Sues March 12, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Wow 40 bags is a lot… But I feel like I should be doing something similar… Especially before I move!

I’ve never made my own biscotti, but I have to admit that it would make my morning coffee even better :)
Sues recently posted..Flower Pot Cakes {Wilton Treat Team}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 12, 2014 at 3:23 pm

It IS a lot, but totally necessary. And with moving, I bet you could totally do it!

Mary Frances March 12, 2014 at 1:37 pm

You do always have the best biscottuy recipes! Every time I think you can’t top a flavor combo, you do! I really like the warm flavors in this – maple and walnut make me think cozy (perfect for morning coffee!)

aimee @ shugarysweets March 12, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Aw thanks, that’s such a compliment. And yes, maple walnut IS a cozy combo :)

Yvonne March 12, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Do you think you could use maple syrup instead of maple flavoring?

Tiffany March 12, 2014 at 2:22 pm

I would like to know this too! Thanks!

aimee @ shugarysweets March 12, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Maple flavoring is much more concentrated than maple syrup. You would need a whole lot more syrup to achieve the same taste. Most grocery chains carry the maple flavoring right next to the vanilla extract. Plus, then you can come back and make all my other great maple treats :)

Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg March 12, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I’m glad your goal is to make biscotti once a month. I love biscotti and I’d probably choose it over a brownie. This looks scrumptious!
Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg recently posted..Spinach Pie (ikras bi sabanikh)My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 13, 2014 at 7:36 pm

I would choose it over a brownie too!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Maple Walnut BiscottiMy Profile

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction March 12, 2014 at 5:05 pm

I love biscotti! Keep the recipes coming!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Garlic Yogurt SauceMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 13, 2014 at 7:36 pm

If you insist ;)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Maple Walnut BiscottiMy Profile

Lyuba@willcookforsmiles March 12, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I love biscotti! These would go great with coffee at breakfast!
Lyuba@willcookforsmiles recently posted..Coconut Mocha Milkshake & #DunkinMugUpMy Profile

Julianne @ Beyond Frosting March 13, 2014 at 1:13 am

I love a good biscotti! Maple and walnut?! I am totally sold!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting recently posted..Coconut Blueberry MuffinsMy Profile

Candace @ Cabot March 13, 2014 at 6:10 am

Ordinarily, I’m not a huge Biscotti fan, but these? I can’t wait to try them. The glaze looks amazing! Love*love*love!

aimee @ shugarysweets March 13, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Thanks Candace! Glazes and frosting can win anyone over :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Maple Walnut BiscottiMy Profile

Kelly - Life made Sweeter March 13, 2014 at 7:59 am

That sounds like a great challenge, we are pack rats too even though we’ve gotten better in the last few years but it seems like our stuff still keeps accumulating more and more.
I love biscotti and this maple walnut version looks amazing Aimee – can’t get over how good the glaze looks – pinning :)
Kelly – Life made Sweeter recently posted..Skinnier Mango Coconut Walnut MuffinsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 13, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Thanks so much for pinning Kelly!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Maple Walnut BiscottiMy Profile

Gloria // Simply Gloria March 13, 2014 at 11:21 am

Aimee, this biscotti recipe of yours rocks! I love how you always just keep it real… and that you share this love of biscotti with all of us… because, now I have become a lover of biscotti, too!
Gloria // Simply Gloria recently posted..Cinnamon French Toast with Cream Cheese GlazeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 13, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Whoohoo!! Maybe if I make a peanut butter and chocolate biscotti, then I could win everyone over :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Maple Walnut BiscottiMy Profile

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes March 14, 2014 at 1:53 am

Biscotti SHOULD be just as popular as brownies, cakes, etc. because biscotti is awesome! :) Love this recipe and looking forward to more biscotti creations :)
Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes recently posted..Leprechaun BaitMy Profile

Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures March 19, 2014 at 9:56 am

Biscotti seems so much more elegant than regular cookies. Maple and walnut are such great flavors! Yum!
Laura @ Laura’s Culinary Adventures recently posted..Chickpea CurryMy Profile

Jen July 13, 2014 at 11:11 pm

This looks amazing! Love maple!!
Jen recently posted..Homemade Lemon Oreo Cookie Ice CreamMy Profile