May Ramblings

by aimee @ shugarysweets on May 30, 2014

Welcome to my May Ramblings. It’s time again to get a look into what inspires me. As well as a peek behind the scenes of Shugary Sweets! Grab your cup of coffee and relax with me for a bit!

The 10 BEST recipes on the web. Drool worthy and decadent!

So last month in my April Ramblings I announced that we are moving back to Illinois this summer. Well, in just a few short weeks we sold our house! I’m so excited. And busy. HA!

We are picking our new house this weekend. No pressure, right? If you follow me on Instagram I’m sure I’ll be sharing my adventures! Plus, hopefully we indulge in some delicious Chicago pizza and Portillo’s Italian Beef! Oh, I will never take the food in Chicago for granted ever again!

philadelphiamay

Before getting to the recipes this month, I want to share a quick announcement. Many of you who follow my blog know that I am a brand ambassador for PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese. It’s the perfect partnership because I absolutely love their products. Now there is even MORE reason to love their products. PHILADELPHIA now has MORE fruits and vegetables in their popular spreads. The Garden Vegetable and Whipped Mixed Berry are my family’s favorites! I love using the garden vegetable in our mashed potatoes. Just boil and peel your potatoes, drain and add a tub of the PHILADELPHIA Garden Vegetable. Mash and enjoy! Keep an eye out for these in your stores, they are on shelves now!

I’m doing my ramblings a bit different this month. Instead of recapping my own work first, I’m going to countdown my top 10 recipes from around the web that have left me hungry this month! Just looking at these gorgeous photos and you’ll understand why there is still drool on my computer! (these are in no particular order of deliciousness)

mayramb1

Tipsy Caramel S’mores Milkshake from The Housewife in Training Files. Seriously, I love everything about this milkshake! It’s almost too pretty to drink. Almost.

Caramel-Pecan-Brownie-Pie-Bites-8

Caramel Pecan Brownie Bites from Inside BruCrew Life. The layers in this one bite look incredible! Plus, Rolos are by far one of my favorite candies!

Peanut_Butter_Cookie_Dough_Brownie_Layer_Cake2

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownie Cake from Life, Love and Sugar. Every post of Lindsay’s I drool over. This one I’m a bit more obsessed with, and it’s going to be made soon.

Cinnamon_Sugar_Swirl_Cupcakes5

Cinnamon Sugar Swirl Cupcakes from Life, Love and sugar. See what I mean about Lindsay? Another drool worth photo and recipe. I’m obsessed with her blog!

SONY DSC

Chocolate Cheesecake Cake Batter Dip from I Wash, You Dry. Shawn is just as adorable in person as her desserts are on her blog! This dip is calling my name!!

breadomg

Chocolate Hazelnut Streusel Bread from Allie at Baking a Moment. I have no words. I just have drool.

gooey-ritz-peanut-butter-cup-smores-cake-bars-02

Gooey Ritz Peanut Butter S’mores Bars from Kevin and Amanda. Look at these bars? Peanut Butter, Chocolate. Marshmallow. I’m seriously in love!!

boozyicedcoffee-17

Boozy Iced Coffee from Averie Cooks. I love how simple, yet refreshing this coffee looks! Tis the season for some dessert coffee drinks!

Chicken-Tortilla-Stack-recipe-taste-and-tell-1

Chicken Tortilla Stack from Taste and Tell. I have to include a couple dinner recipes in this roundup and Deborah never fails to inspire!

easy-skillet-chicken-spinach-parmesan

Easy 20 minute Skillet Chicken and Spinach Parmesan from Mom on Timeout. Trish had me at “easy 20 minute” on this recipe. Perfect for our busy weeknight dinners!

Other stuff:

photo (16)

Dorothy, Jocelyn, and ME

Just another monthly reminder (plug?) to sign up for StitchFix! I am sure you’ve heard me talk about this in previous ramblings! Basically, it’s clothing for the lazy shopper. Okay. So that might not be the best description. But you sign up and each month (or however often your request delivery, just once, monthly or whatever) and they send you 5 items. You get 3 days to try these on, in the comfort of your own home. Matching them with clothes already in your closet, or shoes and accessories. This is so helpful for me! If you choose to keep it all, great, you get 25% off everything! If you decide to return anything, they include a postage paid bag (just stick it in your mailbox for the postman to pick up)! I’ve collected some great pieces this year. Including the Chevron Dress above! You also get credits for people who sign up, so thank you if you use my referral link! Sign up TODAY!

That’s all for this month! See you all in June!

Be sure to connect with me on Social Media!

Connect with Shugary Sweets!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

There may be affiliate links in this post. See my disclosure policy for more information! I am a brand ambassador for PHILADELPHIA, all opinions are 100% my own.

How to Philosophize with Cake May 30, 2014 at 7:22 am

That PB cookie dough brownie cake had me drooling too! Thank you for all the suggestions, everything looks delish. :)
How to Philosophize with Cake recently posted..Momofuku-inspired vegan birthday cake funfetti pancakesMy Profile

Librarian Lavender May 30, 2014 at 7:23 am

I loved reading this post and those recipes are looking amazing!
Librarian Lavender recently posted..The Sense of an Ending by Julian BarnesMy Profile

Alice // Hip Foodie Mom May 30, 2014 at 7:58 am

Hey! I just saw on Twitter that you are moving to Chicago. . congrats! My family and I moved from Seattle to Madison, WI last November. . I can only imagine how busy you are but try to get lots of sleep and remember to breathe! :) house hunting will be so fun. . hoping you find a wonderful new home where you and your family can build lots of wonderful new memories in! Cheers! and TGIF!
Alice // Hip Foodie Mom recently posted..Double Fudge Brownies #BakeforGoodMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 30, 2014 at 11:19 am

Thank you so much Alice!! Wow, you had quite a move!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..May RamblingsMy Profile

Sues May 30, 2014 at 9:54 am

Veggie cream cheese is my fave, but that mixed berry looks like ice cream. Heavenly!

Also, that skillet chicken looks like the PERFECT dinner!
Sues recently posted..Thai-Style Curry with Shrimp, Bell Pepper, and Snap PeasMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 30, 2014 at 11:18 am

ice cream, that’s a great way to describe it!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..May RamblingsMy Profile

danielle May 30, 2014 at 9:55 am

Oh my goodness! I want it all.
danielle recently posted..Friday Frenzy: One Party – Four BlogsMy Profile

Anonymous May 30, 2014 at 10:29 am

The link to the skillet chicken and spinach parmesan is wrong…

aimee @ shugarysweets May 30, 2014 at 11:17 am

Whoops! All fixed, thanks for catching that!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..May RamblingsMy Profile

Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar May 30, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Thank you so much for featuring not one, but TWO of my recipes Aimee! What a compliment! You rock!! :)
Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar recently posted..Cherry Almond Amaretto Ice Cream CakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 30, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I add links to a “secret” pinterest board throughout the month. I’ll have you know there are TWO other links of yours in there. You rock my friend. YOU rock.
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..May RamblingsMy Profile

Meg @ The Housewife in Training Files May 30, 2014 at 12:13 pm

I feel so honored that you have chosen my Smore’s milkshake…that is definintely our favorite treat!! Loving all your rambles here and I am going to have to look into this StitchFix thing!!!

Have a good weekend!
Meg @ The Housewife in Training Files recently posted..Goat Cheese Fundido with Cherries, Balsamic and Honey DrizzleMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 30, 2014 at 12:43 pm

OMG your milkshake. I’m dying. Your photography is so stunning, I want to reach right through my screen!!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..May RamblingsMy Profile

Mary Frances May 30, 2014 at 2:53 pm

I have to go check Lindsay out … that cake, I really have no words. You’ve rounded up some amazing recipes! I cannot believe May is over. Crazy!
Mary Frances recently posted..Rainbow Cake Mix Cookies from Simply GloriaMy Profile

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction May 30, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I hope house hunting goes quickly and smoothly for you!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Loaded Peanut Butter Pretzel Oatmeal Cookies (100% Whole Wheat)My Profile

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) May 30, 2014 at 3:32 pm

so exciting-good luck house hunting!!!!

Love your chevron dress, love that Philadelphia has more fruits & veggies in their spreads (funny fact: in Italy, there’s no word for cream cheese. They just call it Philadelphia-hee!), LOOOVE all the yum in this post!

Deborah May 31, 2014 at 10:00 am

Thanks for the link love, friend!! And now I have about 15 links that I need to bookmark. :) My kids have a bagel and cream cheese almost every morning – I need to get that whipped berry one next time!!
Deborah recently posted..Slow Cooker Italian Beef SandwichesMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet June 1, 2014 at 9:07 am

That is definitely a whole lot of deliciousness going on! Good luck on finding a new home!!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Kale Tomato PastaMy Profile