Pumpkin M&M’S® Biscotti
Looking for a fall snack idea? This Pumpkin M&M’S® Biscotti has the perfect crunch and tastes amazing dunked in your cup of coffee!
**This post is sponsored by M&M’S®. I am excited to partner with them in creating delicious recipes, all opinions are 100% my own***
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
Are you a dunker? I didn’t realize there are some people who HATE dunking food in their coffee or milk?
I recently found out my dad is one of those anti-dunkers. He hates the soggy food and stray crumbs.
Where I, on the other hand, LOVE to dunk cookies and biscotti in my coffee. And I LOVE to have cake soup (which is a slice of cake in a bowl with milk poured all over it).
I learned years ago that biscotti is actually rather easy to make. I had always loved this morning treat, but it wasn’t until I began making it at home that I realized how simple it is to create! The best part? You can create so many different flavors imaginable. The end result is crunchy cookies begging to be dipped in coffee or hot cocoa.
Yes, your heard that correctly. Biscotti is basically a cookie meant for dunking. Genius right?
Know what else is genius? Making a pumpkin biscotti with M&M’S® Baking Bits.
It’s the perfect fall snack. You can find the colorful M&M’S® Baking Bits in your baking aisle at your local grocery store, Target, or Walmart. They come in a semi-sweet version or milk chocolate. I used the M&M’S® Minis Milk Chocolate Baking Bits in today’s recipe.
I love the chocolate paired with the pumpkin. And the little “crunch” of the candy coating adds a great texture to these biscotti.
A few tips about making biscotti:
- Use parchment paper on your baking sheet. This prevents your biscotti from sticking to your baking sheet and helps with easy clean up!
- Use your hands to pat the biscotti into two logs, measured 2-inch by 12-inch. Add a little extra flour to hands if they begin to stick. Make sure to pat them so they are even in height, this helps ensure an even baking time.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the biscotti after baking. This helps to not only cut through the candy inside, but prevents the biscotti from “tearing” during the cutting process. Use tongs to place each piece on it’s side for the next part of baking.
- I melt my white chocolate morsels for 30 seconds in the microwave and stir until smooth (adding an additional 30 seconds to melt completely). I pour this melted white chocolate onto a pie plate and then dip my cooled biscotti into the melted chocolate. Immediately sprinkle with your M&M’s Baking Bits.
- Store biscotti in an airtight container (or resealable plastic bag) for up to two weeks. ENJOY.
Connect with M&M’S®:
Pumpkin M&M's Biscotti
Yield: 24 biscotti
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 package (10 oz) M&M’S® Minis Milk Chocolate Baking Bits
- 1 package (11 oz) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 35oF. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer, combine eggs, pumpkin, sugars, and spices. Beat until well combined. Add in flour and baking powder. Beat until blended.
- Quickly, yet gently, fold in all but 1/2 cup of the baking bits.
- Divide dough in half. Form two, 12-inch by 2-inch logs onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Using your hands (and extra flour as needed) shape into logs, patting evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Using a serrated knife, cut each log into 12 even pieces. Use a pair of tongs to turn each piece of biscotti onto it's side. Return to oven.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Using tongs, flip biscotti to opposite side. Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- For the topping, melt white chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for an additional 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Spread melted white chocolate over the tops of each piece of cooled biscotti. You can do this with a knife, or pour melted chocolate into a pie plate and dunk the tops of each piece, shaking off the excess.
- Immediately sprinkle on the remaining baking bits. Allow to set, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container for up to two weeks. ENJOY.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with M&M’s. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Shugary Sweets possible.